“Great view and quiet location”
Review of Mae’s Dining

Mae’s Dining
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is quite comfortable. The views are amazing, the staff is friendly and the location is quiet. I stayed here last year on my way to a corporate meeting and have made reservations to stay again. Their breakfast menu was surprisingly unique. I'm looking forward to my stay again!

There are newer reviews for Mae’s Dining

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very appealing classic old hotel. They have kept the interior true to the period, circa 1910. They have guest registers signed by Henry Ford and Thomas Edison. Definitely ask to eat outside if the weather is good. The scenic view is tremendous. The food is also very good. My daughter had the eggplant parmesan and almost finished it. I had the swordfish scampi, which was perfectly done and just the right portion for when you are traveling and can't take leftovers with you. My wife had the "Best crab cakes in the USA". She said they were very good but not sure they were the best she ever had. We had a nice bottle of italian white wine and finished with a delicious slice of cheesecake, which we all shared.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very good food in a restaurant at a hotel with a lot of history. The service and food were very good - I also spent $10 less than I did at a Red Lobster the night before for a meal that was not nearly as good. The Summit Inn sits on top of a hill will an excellent view. I have been at the restaurant before and I was not disappointed for patronizing the restaurant at the Summit Inn again. Check it out - I think you will like it....good service and good food - what else can you ask for?

1  Thank John Y
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A group of nine people (three generations) gathered to celebrate a 50th anniversary. The staff treated us so well from beginning to end. The server was very professional, bringing meals to each person without asking, "Who had X?" She combined excellent service with being friendly and approachable. The building and grounds are beautiful. If you can have a drink or meal on the front porch, you will love the view. The inside dining room is also very nice. There were a variety of appetizer, entrée, and dessert options. It is on the expensive side, especially for that part of the country, but the food was cooked perfectly with ample serving sizes. I had the house-made blackberry cobbler for dessert and it was luscious. Most of the diners were dressed nicely, but I did see a couple of people in baseball caps/grungy clothes. I highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank BethL
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Reservation for eating on the deck is good idea. Perfect service and a perfect filet mignon. No complaints.

1  Thank JAMES T. F