“Great getaway place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
Plum, Pennsylvania
“Great getaway place”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A nice getaway, a lot to do. The simply the best deal is very good.Loved walking around the grounds. The Mystic Rock golf course is fantastic and seeing all the animals in the zoo part was amazing. We were celebrating for the wife's birthday and they put a bottle of wine in the room for us, that was classy of them.

Room Tip: Stayed in the lodge which was ok, but the main hotel looks great.
1 Thank Norman M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Columbus
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nemacolin is amazing! We stayed in the Chateau and had a beautiful room and bathroom! We ate at Lautrec, expensive but so worth it! We also ate at Aqueous and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Unfortunately we were unable to get a dinner reservation at a time we wanted so ended up have great bar food in the bar area. It was a meal in itself. Also had 2 mornings of breakfast at Autumn, once again pricey but very good. My husband played gold at Mystic Rock - I drove the cart so was also able to enjoy the beautiful views. I enjoyed the Woodlands Spa and even zip lined. The zoo that Nemacolin has on the property is a must see! The animals all looked so healthy and the setting was very nice. All the shuttle drivers couldn't have been nicer and had interesting things to say about Nemacolin. We really enjoyed our 2 days there!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Unfortunately, I was here on business and did not get a chance to enjoy all that this impressive resort has to offer. We did get the opportunity to tour the grounds on a gorgeous fall day and all areas of the resort were stunning with the fall colors. I found the staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. The Bellmen even took time to find me a phone charger from one of the employees, because I had left mine at home. The food that at the banquet facilities was awesome the first night and good the second night. It was a little difficult to navigate through the meandering hallways, but by the second day I was giving directions to the "secret elevator behind the large desk."

Overall, I would love to go back to share a special weekend with my wife and I would highly recommend that you do the same.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Nemacolin for his birthday. I had minimal expectations upon arrival so as a result I was impressed by some aspects of the resort and confussed by others.
I have had the opportunity to stay in 5 star hotels and resorts both in the U.S. and abroad and found Nemacolin to be lacking in the 5 star classification by comparison. The resort as a whole is an eclectic mix of personality and decor. We stayed in the Chateau which is a reasonable attempt at a European grand hotel. Our room was impressive; very large with french doors opening to a balcony and a proportionately large bathroom. The Chateau is connected by a winding hallway to the Lodge portion of the resort. A walk between the two left me questioning the intent and perspective of the decorator/design team or if it was intended to be a tribute to the resorts owner, Joe Hardy.
Our dining experience ranged from a mediocre brunch at Autumn to an excellent dinner at Aqueous. The quality and preparation of our meals was not lacking in any way at Aqueous and we found the service from both the wait staff and somelier to be attentive, knowledgable and friendly.
During our stay I visited the Woodlands Spa. From arrival to departure it was outstanding experience. Small details were well thought out and executed and my masseuse was exceptional for my 80 minute deep tissue. I enjoyed that the gym is connected to the spa; I could have spent the entire day in the spa area if time was not a factor.
In my opinion, Nemacolin does not deserve a five star rating but overlooking the average and eclectic decor and design, we had an enjoyable stay.

Independence, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Finally made it to Nemacolin and I am so glad I did. The resort is well appointed as was the room in the chateau. Very large and well maintained. I also enjoyed the Woodlands Spa experience. The resort offers numerous activities, a convenient shuttle service and a variety of dining options at various price points. The food and dining experiences were great. I would say that the resort employs one of the most courteous, professional and knowledgeable staffs I have ever encountered. I am already thinking about my next trip to Nemacolin.

Room Tip: Room at the chateau was quite large, providing a nice sitting area, large bathroom, and ample storag...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I spent Saturday night at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort to celebrate her birthday. We love the resort. There is so much to do and see. Every staff member from the valet parking attendant to the front desk personnel to the managers/servers in the restaurants make you feel special. We stayed in the Links Townhouses. On Sunday morning we walked out on the deck and there some 40 yards away was Nemacolin's famed White Buffalo. In the distance we saw a camel and zebras. Across the street was the lion and tiger enclosure. It's not everyday you wake up living in the middle of a zoo. The golf courses and grounds are beautifully maintained and there are plenty of paths and walkways to enjoy it all. It takes several days to enjoy all that Nemacolin has to offer. It's a great place for couples or families. We'll be back.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was looking for a special and romantic place within driving distance that would provide my wife and me with a memorable experience as a way to spend our 25th wedding anniversary. Nemacolin was that much and more and delivered an incredible experience from beginning to end. We stayed in the Cub Level of the Chateau which included butler services, continental breakfast each morning, tea & snacks in the afternoon, cocktails with hors d'oeuvres in the evening as well as turn down services and before bedtime treats. The staff was always happy and eager to help with whatever was needed. We stayed 4 nights and found no shortage of things to do on or off the resort. The fine dining experiences were outstanding and the casual dining was very good too. We couldn't have been happier with our choice to spend our special anniversary at Nemacolin. We would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: For the romantic atmosphere we chose the Chateau and were happy that we did. Modeled after the Ritz...
1 Thank Chirpy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills
Historic Summit Inn
Historic Summit Inn
#2 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!