“Great getaway for a couple!!”

Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great place for a couple to get away. Can't wait to take the whole family!! Had a wonderful time. The grounds are beautiful and a ton of activities for the kids as well as the parents. Beautiful golf course, awesome spa and great rooms and food.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Not sure what to say about this place. Some of the service was great and some was awful. We had to ask for ketchup and mustard 3 times for a burger before finally walking into the bar to get our own. The bellman, on the other hand, was great. The place itself goes on forever with shops, restaurants basically (or actually) in the hall and odd rooms with no purpose. It was very well kept. Good location for Falling Water.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank CML548
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Links Condos for a conference in late January 2013. They were a huge disappointment. There was a noxious odor as soon as you entered the space. You did adjust to the odor, but why was it there in the first place? Additionally, there was visible staining on the draperies and furniture, discoloration of the grout in the bathrooms and worse, our hot water was out for one full day even after repeated calls to maintenance. The men actually had the nerve to tell two unshowered females it was because we spent too long in the shower... the fact was, neither of us could shower because the water could not heat up! The final straw, the bed, was the most terrible bed I have slept on EVER... including some very meager hotels. I've never heard many complaints about the lodge or the chateau, but I know I will never stay in a condo again...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank MorningMuse
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed a Nemacolin on numerous occasions, even though it is right in our backyard! We love the resort and particularly their staff. Their rooms are beautiful and there is so much to do. They really take great pride in their resort.

Room Tip: If you like cozier and rustic, choose the Lodge (the suites are particularly nice!). If you like opu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebyofNC
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took my wife and four kids to the Nemacolin for Christmas. We were greeted at the door by the valets. They loaded up our baggage and gave the cart to the bellman. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The bellman escorted us to our room and told us all that the resort offered. We ordered room service the first night and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff.
The next day, I called the concierge and asked if they had a baby sitter available. He said that they typically ask for 24 hours notice, but will see what he can do. I was called back about an hour later and he said one was available. He also made reservations at the nicest restaurant in the resort. My wife and I shared a bottle of wine and had a great quiet diner in a romantic setting. We then went to the cigar bar. I smoked a great, and reasonable priced, cigar while we both drank scotch.
I took my family down to the pool another day. The pool is not deep. It also had floatation jackets for kids to wear. I was great to be able to let my kids float around and not worry about them not being able to swim well. Afterward, we went to the pizza restaurant followed up by the ice cream shop. Just a few of the many things to do.
All staff members were very friendly. All knew a great deal about the resort and all that it offered. Everyone treated my kids very nicely. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joe_chemo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everything about this resort was amazing!!! I had such a wonderful time from the room service to the pillow menu to the butler service where I had someone come and draw me a bath in the middle of the night. My fiance and I did the rope course and the zip lines that were awesome. We also took advantage of the little safari they have onsite. Over all it was a little pricey but it was an amazing experience!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I choose to stay at this Resort due to its location to New York City and because it is pet friendly. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights which was plenty for us since we are not skiers and it was the winter season. We had a pet friendly room in the Chateau Layefette which felt very luxurious. The ceilings were incredibly high, soaring 2 full stories. The his and her bathroom was as large as the room and had a full balcony connecting the room to the bathroom. The balcony was about 6 feet wide and 20 feet long in the shape of an L to connect the two rooms. Our little toy poodle loved the space and the freedom of running in and out. The service at the entire resort was great. The conceirge was informative, but didn't really offer any extra information. The overall hotel is gorgeous and Chateau Layefette definitely has the most to do compared to the other accommodation options at Nemacolin. The Chateau has the cigar bar, tea room, wine tasting class, 4 or 5 restaurants, the spa, pool, gift shop, indoor shopping 'street', wine cellar, etc. For those looking for a more luxious stay, or for a couples weekend, I'd DEFINITELY suggest staying athe Chateau. It may not be so ideal for families with small kids as it seems like there is alot of glass they could break! The shuttle service is frequent and fast. I believe it runs until 2am. There is a walking trail as soon as you walk outside that provides a path to all area attractions. We visited during the month of January when it snowed. There seems to be alot more activities to do during the warmer months but I believe any season at Nemacolin would have a great intinary. I hope this information helps!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chateau Suite King. Its an expensive room but it is gorgeous and well worth the mon...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#2 of 4 in Farmington
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort? Share your experiences!