“Great Find”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canton
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Capped off my visits to Poe's house and gravesite by crossing town to Annabel Lee Tavern. It was worth the trek. The duck fat fries are scrumptious. The tavern is very small, so a reservation is probably a good idea.

1  Thank Bill K

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Small & cozy place (might want to make a reservation if with larger group). Great foot, nice atmosphere.

1  Thank jhwist
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were so excited to visit this well reviewed restaurant, but after some high-highs and some low-lows, I have to give this one just an average rating.

The great: A fabulous french onion soup, super tasty duck fat fries, and cozy ambiance were all pluses for this restaurant.

The not so great: Though the waiter was attentive, he just didn't seem happy to be there. The crab dip on the Annapolis sandwich definitely was not my favorite. The prices were a bit high for what you got.

1  Thank AHenry36
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Annabel Lee is absolutely fun! Their duck fat fries are fantastic. Good selection of beers. Staff was warm and friendly. The BBQ chicken nachos were super. The setting - a bar celebrating Poe's last poem adds to the charm. We could find nothing to ding and look forward to going back.

2  Thank A2freqtrav
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've been to Annabel Lee a few times, but I thought a recent experience warranted a more widespread affirmation on the awesomeness of this place.

This time I brought my family and the in-laws here. I didn't expect Annabel Lee to be an option for reserving a spot for a party of nine on a busy Thursday night. But it happened. I called only two days prior and was graciously accommodated for.

As expected, for such a large party, main entrees took a little while to come out, but appetizers and drinks came out promptly. I felt bad because one member of our party fell ill prior to dinner and had to be taken home. So for a good portion of our time at Annabel Lee, we only took up maybe six seats. Regardless, our servers were still very friendly, checked in with us every so often, packed the orders to go for the people missing from the table, and catered to the different needs we had.

The duck fat fries are still deliciously wonderful, but skip the jalapeno fries. The chicken and bacon nachos are also fantastic. If you feel brave, check out the heavy duty mega burger. The crab cake sandwiches are a classic, and the Annapolis chicken sandwich is pretty decent as well. I love the grilled tuna panini, and the crab imperial stuffed shrimp is one of favorites. Also, make sure to ask for the specials menu. Some of the items there are pretty darn good.

1  Thank Tunaidi