“My Favorite Poet-Eatery Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Annabel Lee Tavern
Ranked #114 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canton
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
“My Favorite Poet-Eatery Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the second time i have eaten at Annabel Lee Tavern.The prices are fair, the food is amazing and the atmosphere rocks! What a great tribute to Edgar Allen Poe.The staff makes you feel like family.They have a small gift area to bring home a souvenir or two.There is also a small patio area, if you want to eat outside.It is a small establishment and if there is a wait, it is well worth it. Dont miss this unusaul dinning experience.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank kelly h

Anderson, South Carolina
“eclectic with superb food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved the atmosphere - tribute to e.a. Poe. Food was divine. Service was great. Coffee from coffee press! Yummy. Small scale and close knit but it turned out to be one of my fav places to eat supper. In Baltimore that's saying something because there's delish food all over. : )

Visited October 2012
1 Thank pjchamblee4
MD
“Very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I went here a week ago. We wanted to try a new place in the Baltimore area and went to trip advisor for some ideas. I enjoyed the 17 ounce burger. I will say upon ordering it the waiter looked at me funny and said "Are you sure?" He was half joking but it had me intrigued. The burger was very good and I managed to eat over 75% of it. Drink selection is unique and the place is very cool. The only draw back as others have mentioned is that the place is relatively small so you end up eating fairly close to other tables. Such is life with the Baltimore row home restaurant experience. Food was great and we will be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“What a treat!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were in town for a medical trip to Johns Hopkins and needed a place to chill and relax after a long, stressful day. We wanted a great meal. Boy, did we get it. Everything was delicious and fresh..we had the shrimp/crab over risotto and ribs. Outstanding. The service was great and we had the best desserts I have ever had. Try the vanilla / salted caramel cake. The place is simply delightful and we will return for sure on our next trip through.

• Visited December 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding atmosphere, food and staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was an outstanding all around experience and one of the highlights of our trip to Baltimore! Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and the atmosphere was perfectly Poe!

Visited October 2012