“eclectic with superb food!”
Review of Annabel Lee Tavern

Annabel Lee Tavern
Ranked #151 of 2,079 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canton
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved the atmosphere - tribute to e.a. Poe. Food was divine. Service was great. Coffee from coffee press! Yummy. Small scale and close knit but it turned out to be one of my fav places to eat supper. In Baltimore that's saying something because there's delish food all over. : )

1  Thank pjchamblee4

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I went here a week ago. We wanted to try a new place in the Baltimore area and went to trip advisor for some ideas. I enjoyed the 17 ounce burger. I will say upon ordering it the waiter looked at me funny and said "Are you sure?" He was half joking but it had me intrigued. The burger was very good and I managed to eat over 75% of it. Drink selection is unique and the place is very cool. The only draw back as others have mentioned is that the place is relatively small so you end up eating fairly close to other tables. Such is life with the Baltimore row home restaurant experience. Food was great and we will be back.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were in town for a medical trip to Johns Hopkins and needed a place to chill and relax after a long, stressful day. We wanted a great meal. Boy, did we get it. Everything was delicious and fresh..we had the shrimp/crab over risotto and ribs. Outstanding. The service was great and we had the best desserts I have ever had. Try the vanilla / salted caramel cake. The place is simply delightful and we will return for sure on our next trip through.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was an outstanding all around experience and one of the highlights of our trip to Baltimore! Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and the atmosphere was perfectly Poe!

1  Thank MikeandTracy
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Oh where to start... this is a unique restaurant -- really a small bar with an ambitious menu. Everyone seems to love the duck fat fries and I have to agree that they are awesome -- worth blowing your diet -- share with a friend! The rosemary beef tenderloin gyro was delicious, with so many cubes of meat that I kept placing cubes on my boyfriend's plate. I have previously tried the crab cakes here, and the fish tacos (which had some kind of delicious sauce that I couldn't identify) and both were delightful. Most everything here will have a unique twist to it - even the cole slaw is made with different ingredients than you are used to. The salted caramel crunch cake was phenomenal and I can't wait to try it again. Worth coming here for the ambience too - it's inspired by Edgar Allan Poe ("Annabel Lee" was the last poem he wrote) and the decor is intimate, slightly spooky, and delightful. This place is really teensy with few tables, so get there at 4, it fills up fast. Enjoy!

1  Thank amyfishnet