“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in the Home2suite recently and I wanted to say each staff member encountered was courteous and warm. The manager Chris answered all my questions about parking and the checkin staff member, Karolin, was informative about the amenities the hotel had to offer. The breakfast was delicious and I really enjoyed the coffee. I didn't have time to utilize the fitness center this morning but it looked really nice. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the time you took to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Baltimore area. Hopefully next time you will be able to take advantage of all of our complimentary amenities.

Christopher Snyder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at the Home2Suites on a weekly basis over the past year. The staff was extremely hospitable and truly made me feel like the hotel was my home away from home. Every Monday morning when I checked in, Linita or Shernae- the front desk representatives would welcome me back and allow me to check in early, so I could settle in before going to work for the day. The hospitality didn’t end there- the entire staff began greeting me by name after the first few weeks of staying there.

The majority of the staff at the Home2 Suites provided excellent customer service, but still Linita and Shernae managed to stand out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you Tim for your review! We certainly do appreciate you and all of our regular guests that we get to see coming back each week. I will pass on your kind words to my team, especially to Linita and Shernea!

See you soon!

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff here at the Home2 Suite in Baltimore, MD has shown me soooooo much love. The staff has made sure that my extended-stay here was very comfortable. Ms. Linita and the rest of the staff are truly amazing. The managers here are great. When I was snowed in, they got with my company's travel agency to extend my reservation w/o me having to call them. If you are thinking about coming to Baltimore, you need to stay at the Home 2 Suites. It is minutes from the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jwhitejr4371
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank your Mr. White for a great review! Our hotel strives to make each person’s stay easy and comfortable. I am proud to hear that my staff was able assist you.

Thank you for staying with us!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here 2 weeks ago and the staff may me feel so welcome. The room was spacious, clean and had a wrm welcominf feeling to it. The room had a refrigarator, dishwasher, full sink, microwave and all the utensil needed for serving or making a light dish. Breakfast was great, nice business and fitness center and valet parking. Hotel is semi in the heart of Baltimore and I love that. Kudos to Aaron, Lenita And Chenae as well as the Valet attendant for the weekend of March 8-10, 2013. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
1HotelHopper,

Thanks for the AWESOME review! Home2 Suites by Hilton hotels are popping up all over the United States because people like you are enjoying the brand so much.

I will pass your kind words on to my team at our staff meeting!

Thank you again!

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Linita was at the front desk when we arrived at this hotel--Lucky US! She was welcoming and professional. All our questions about Baltimore and the hotel's immediate area were answered with a great smile. Thank you. Also, did I mention we loved our large room? It was also modern and comfortable. We had a great overnight in Baltimore and will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
The Home2 Suites in Baltimore is focused on making sure our guests have a positive experience each and every time that they stay with us. It sounds like we hit the mark during your stay. I am glad that you had the chance to meet Linita she truly is a staff member the makes a difference here at Home2!

See you next time you are in town!

Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Home2Suites. I'll break it down like this:

Pros: Great staff, very helpful. Clean room, nice layout. I like that they have shelving on the walls for more stuff- we never seem to have enough room for stuff in most hotel rooms with just the desk and table which we usually put our tech stuff, purses, backpacks, etc... Also liked the Kohler sink and 'rain shower'.

Cons: The bathroom door is a sliding door (like a barn door on rails) and it's heavy. That's not the problem- the problem is the indentation where you stick your finger to pull the door open/closed is about the depth of half of your fingernail, so you need to be a rock climber to have strong enough fingers to pull open the door (again- it's heavy) and no chance if you have kids. So, we usually just left it cracked to pull it open.

Also- small elevators. Not typically a problem but don't use the luggage cart because it's not a typical one. To go you have to push the handle down and there's not enough room in the elevator and you and our kids to all fit (well, we tried, but when my husband pushed in the cart and the door shut there was no room to get past the cart and push down that handle to turn the cart-hard to explain- it just doesn't fit)

Last- the breakfast (which anything free has to be somewhat complimented) was okay- but not enough picking up after people so the counter had random cereal flakes, dried fruit that people drop, etc... Seemed a little messy. But again- it was free.

I think overall the room was really clean and the price was good. We had no problems with slow toilets- nothing that seemed out of the ordinary anyway. So I'd recommend it was a note about the cons.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chamdex
Chamdex,
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the service you received from our staff.
This hotel was made to fit into an existing building so things are bit tight in some areas.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you again at some point!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a fantastic stay in this hotel. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and they went over and beyond my expectations of hotel service. The rooms were large and decorated in a modern style. The kitchenette was more useful that I would have expected and well stocked with glasses and cutlery. Extra points should be awarded for the green fixtures and features of the room. Location is OK for the weekends, but probably better for a business traveler. Parking on street was not a problem during the weekend; valet was unnecessary.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BoozyNinja
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the time you took to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were please not only by the hotel itself but also the service from the staff. It is our goal at Home2 to make everyone feel comfortable!

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the city!