“Awesome hotel with Awesome staff”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here 2 weeks ago and the staff may me feel so welcome. The room was spacious, clean and had a wrm welcominf feeling to it. The room had a refrigarator, dishwasher, full sink, microwave and all the utensil needed for serving or making a light dish. Breakfast was great, nice business and fitness center and valet parking. Hotel is semi in the heart of Baltimore and I love that. Kudos to Aaron, Lenita And Chenae as well as the Valet attendant for the weekend of March 8-10, 2013. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

1HotelHopper,

Thanks for the AWESOME review! Home2 Suites by Hilton hotels are popping up all over the United States because people like you are enjoying the brand so much.

I will pass your kind words on to my team at our staff meeting!

Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Linita was at the front desk when we arrived at this hotel--Lucky US! She was welcoming and professional. All our questions about Baltimore and the hotel's immediate area were answered with a great smile. Thank you. Also, did I mention we loved our large room? It was also modern and comfortable. We had a great overnight in Baltimore and will return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

The Home2 Suites in Baltimore is focused on making sure our guests have a positive experience each and every time that they stay with us. It sounds like we hit the mark during your stay. I am glad that you had the chance to meet Linita she truly is a staff member the makes a difference here at Home2!

See you next time you are in town!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Home2Suites. I'll break it down like this:

Pros: Great staff, very helpful. Clean room, nice layout. I like that they have shelving on the walls for more stuff- we never seem to have enough room for stuff in most hotel rooms with just the desk and table which we usually put our tech stuff, purses, backpacks, etc... Also liked the Kohler sink and 'rain shower'.

Cons: The bathroom door is a sliding door (like a barn door on rails) and it's heavy. That's not the problem- the problem is the indentation where you stick your finger to pull the door open/closed is about the depth of half of your fingernail, so you need to be a rock climber to have strong enough fingers to pull open the door (again- it's heavy) and no chance if you have kids. So, we usually just left it cracked to pull it open.

Also- small elevators. Not typically a problem but don't use the luggage cart because it's not a typical one. To go you have to push the handle down and there's not enough room in the elevator and you and our kids to all fit (well, we tried, but when my husband pushed in the cart and the door shut there was no room to get past the cart and push down that handle to turn the cart-hard to explain- it just doesn't fit)

Last- the breakfast (which anything free has to be somewhat complimented) was okay- but not enough picking up after people so the counter had random cereal flakes, dried fruit that people drop, etc... Seemed a little messy. But again- it was free.

I think overall the room was really clean and the price was good. We had no problems with slow toilets- nothing that seemed out of the ordinary anyway. So I'd recommend it was a note about the cons.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chamdex

Chamdex,
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the service you received from our staff.
This hotel was made to fit into an existing building so things are bit tight in some areas.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you again at some point!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a fantastic stay in this hotel. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and they went over and beyond my expectations of hotel service. The rooms were large and decorated in a modern style. The kitchenette was more useful that I would have expected and well stocked with glasses and cutlery. Extra points should be awarded for the green fixtures and features of the room. Location is OK for the weekends, but probably better for a business traveler. Parking on street was not a problem during the weekend; valet was unnecessary.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoozyNinja
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for the time you took to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were please not only by the hotel itself but also the service from the staff. It is our goal at Home2 to make everyone feel comfortable!

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the city!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Pros- polite staff, very clean quarters, spacious enough, very nice kitchenware and appliances
Cons- housekeeping goes home at 4:30pm period, the toilets have extremely low water pressure and take 10-15 min to complete a single flush (I complained to the staff who said this was normal), the heating/AC vent is very noisy, East Pleasant Street is on a dark alley which I felt uncomfortable walking on in the evenings, the included breakfast is less than continental (no fruit, few small doughnuts but no pastries, only one kind of bread), I asked the front desk to call for a cab to be ready at a certain time and they didn't call until I was down there and already waiting making me wait a further 15 minutes and be late for a meeting
Bottom line: I would only pay <$130/night to stay here again. Would rather pay more and stay somewhere else. Would not recommend to friends or anyone wanting to stay in downtown Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa L
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am happy that you found our staff accommodating and friendly.
Our toilets are part of Home2's green initiative, each room is outfitted with low water flow fixtures for that reason.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay! I had to stay at the hotel due to my heat not working and it was worth it! The hotel has a beautiful design along with spacious and functional rooms. There is a kitchen in the room with a dishwasher along with a free laundry facility and gym. The free Wi-Fi was great and there is a complimentary breakfast with free coffee, tea or hot chocolate for on the go! The staff was really friendly; I appreciated how the manager Aaron took the time to make sure my stay was as much like home as possible. I liked how the front desk agents would say welcome home when I came back from work; something that made the stay even more comfortable during my displacement. It was an overall great stay, very comfortable, will definitely come back and recommend to everyone who is coming to Baltimore!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Panda1988
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Panda1988,

WOW thanks for the great review! It is my hope that everyone feels just as you did each day they are with us. We try our best to make you feel like this is your second home! Hope the repairs in your home worked out, come see us anytime!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is the BEST!!!!! My family needed a place to stay while my sister underwent extensive surgury at John Hopkins Hospital. At checkin, the front desk staff was a breath of fresh air. Everyone was very attentive to our needs. We love the location of the property and the fact that they are within close proximity to the hospital. What a great idea to have a shuttle service that will transport guest to the hospital facility, especially when you're not familiar with the area and reside in another state. The breakfast was perfect and the suite was exceptionally clean. I must commend them all. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who is in need of a place to reside in the baltimore area. Specail Thanks to Aaron, Opps Manager and the hotel shuttle service-YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST and Thanks for all you do!!! GOD BLESS

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Curtis B

Curtis B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write something about your stay with us. We see so many patients and visitors of Johns Hopkins and I am glad to hear that our complimentary shuttle service serves as a benefit.

See you next time you are in town!