“Great Stay”

Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just stayed 3 nights at this hotel. I was able to walk to/from my business each day and the style of the hotel made me feel like I was staying in my own apartment. Refreshing difference from a standard hotel! Staff was friendly- more like neighbors than hotel staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Craig H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
PA
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property on several occasions when in Baltimore on business. The staff has always gone out of their way to accommodate my needs. The amount of amenities is plentiful for business or leisure travel; location makes it easy to navigate to various areas of center city by foot or hotel shuttle without having the valet bring the car out; fitness center and breakfast fulfill basic needs; and the suites are well-appointed for the traveler who wants more than a room. I particularly like the full kitchen of the suite and office work space. The only downside is that on each occasion I have stayed on the backside of the building which overlooks the backs of other buildings and at some point in the night the trash trucks come and start to empty dumpsters causing quite the commotion.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the front side of the building.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Belton, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2013

First when we got there, there is no on-site parking, so you either have to valet your vehicle or go find a parking garage, and if they valet it, then they take it to a parking garage off the property. Since we have a full size truck they parked it behind the building by the dumpsters in the ally way where there was no lighting, I could of done that for 25 a night so for 50 bucks my truck sat in a dark ally! Next off the lady at the front desk dont remember her name, she was very kind and helpful like all hilton staff usually is, we also have a pug, so that is the main reason why we stayed here, also because we used our HH Honor points, back to the dog, you have to walk down the block across the street and down some UNlightened steps to a park to take your dog potty. If the hotel was pet friendly like most home 2 suites are, then there should be somewhere to take the dog to the bathroom closer to the property. I did NOT enjoy walking down town baltimore in the dark to a park to take the dog to the bathroom!!! And one last complaint huge complaint the front desk person named Shernae was extremely rude and unknowledgeable of ANYTHING we called and ask what places were close to deliver for food and she told us to walk downstairs and look it up ourselves, when we went down stairs we had a glass from breakfast, she informed us she would not take it from us and we could take it to the kitchen where the other dirty dishes were, when we called down for a taxi to be called, no one had a problem but shernae, she acted like it wasn't something she wanted to do, no one else had a problem with it.... Justin was very nice and friendly and helpful since shernae didnt know squat and had a sour look on her face everytime we seen her and acted like she hated life, room was nice, except the sliding bathroom door, poor deisgn, probably will not stay there again. Also it really wasn't "downtown" seemed like it was close to shady part of town... keep up the good work Justin !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Casey H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the Home 2 suites in Baltimore, MD for 2 months! While I stayed there I had the chance to get to know some of the most helpful, sincere, and outgoing staff I have ever experienced in my life.
Jarrod, Shemae, Arron, Karolin, and david were amazing! They went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone that plans to pass through Baltimore. Short term or long term. All I can say is "wow".

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the parking lot above the 6th floor (the views amazing)!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel about 2 months ago! From the moment we walked in, the hotel was very modern, up to date, very clean and refreshing. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and we have no complaints about them! Then we were checked in and headed to our room. The room was outstanding to say the least. From the modern fixtures and decor to the extremely large bathroom! One of my favorite features!! The bathroom felt like an extra room, it was that big! The room was very clean and we had no issues. We especially loved the blackout curtains just in case we needed to take a nap during the day! I loved the fact that your right in the heart of Baltimore and it was a great easy walk to Inner Harbor! I have no complaints about the hotel, it was very friendly, clean and modern hotel. I would defiantly stay at this hotel and plan on doing so in the future!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got an incredible deal on this hotel (about $70 a night) through Expedia's secret hotels and it was well worth it, though it's probably much more expensive normally. The lobby and room were beautiful, modern, and clean. The room included a stove top, microwave, pots and pans, utensils, basically anything you'd need for a long term stay. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've had. The food was on the cheaper side(like all continental breakfasts) but the choices were great.
The harbor is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. There's also plenty of places to eat or grab a coffee nearby. Unfortunately, there were quite a few homeless people around the alleyways surrounding the hotel, but I guess that's just Baltimore. It felt safe, but I wouldn't go for a walk in the area past 10pm.
If you can snag a good deal, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you do not need to bring your car go to Homes 2 Suites and have a great stay. The train station is not far away. It is on the charm city circulator bus line and taxis are abundant. However, if you need to park think twice. Of course it is a city hotel so you have to pay $25 to park well this is expected. However, Pleasant street is a very steep one way street where you head down. I stayed in this establishment and parked initially on the street. There are meters that are not in effect after 6 pm. However, I began to get concerned that someone would rearend me so I decided to park in the garage. They do not have a designated parking person and so any employee who is available parks the cars. The next morning at 6 am I asked for my car to be ready at 7 am. My car had not been brought around. They sent 2 people out to find it and finally it was brought around at 7:30. Luckily I was not late for my meeting. While I waited I watched them bring several cars around. One person got into their car and again because the street is on a hill, while I watched that person hit the car in front of them. No damage to either car but the person hit the car and kept on going. This was m initlal concern and I got to see it happen before my eyes. There is some parking on the cross street which is a flat surface. There is also a public garage about a block up and you could park and walk.
I asked the employees if they could give suggestions for restaurants and they could not. So my negatives for this facility was parking and employees knowing what is around them. Otherwise, it is a very nice functional facility.
There is an exercise area, a place to wash clothes. 2 blocks away is a fresh and green that is a combination grocery store and food carry out place and they have great carry out food at reasonable prices. i got shrimp salad for 9.99 a pound.
The beds were comfortable. The room was excellently cleaned. The bathroom had neutrogena hair and bath liquid shampoos in a dispenser in the shower. I loved the room. The kitchen area was great. Full size refrigerator, microwave and you get get an electric one burner hot plate to cook on. There were cooking and eating utensils. It was reasonably priced and I like the colors in the room and the "modern" style of decorating.
I would definately go there again once I came up with my parking stratgedy. I would not park on Pleasant street nor park with Homes 2 Suites staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business