“Parking is the problem with this hotel and it is a big problem.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
PA
“Parking is the problem with this hotel and it is a big problem.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you do not need to bring your car go to Homes 2 Suites and have a great stay. The train station is not far away. It is on the charm city circulator bus line and taxis are abundant. However, if you need to park think twice. Of course it is a city hotel so you have to pay $25 to park well this is expected. However, Pleasant street is a very steep one way street where you head down. I stayed in this establishment and parked initially on the street. There are meters that are not in effect after 6 pm. However, I began to get concerned that someone would rearend me so I decided to park in the garage. They do not have a designated parking person and so any employee who is available parks the cars. The next morning at 6 am I asked for my car to be ready at 7 am. My car had not been brought around. They sent 2 people out to find it and finally it was brought around at 7:30. Luckily I was not late for my meeting. While I waited I watched them bring several cars around. One person got into their car and again because the street is on a hill, while I watched that person hit the car in front of them. No damage to either car but the person hit the car and kept on going. This was m initlal concern and I got to see it happen before my eyes. There is some parking on the cross street which is a flat surface. There is also a public garage about a block up and you could park and walk.
I asked the employees if they could give suggestions for restaurants and they could not. So my negatives for this facility was parking and employees knowing what is around them. Otherwise, it is a very nice functional facility.
There is an exercise area, a place to wash clothes. 2 blocks away is a fresh and green that is a combination grocery store and food carry out place and they have great carry out food at reasonable prices. i got shrimp salad for 9.99 a pound.
The beds were comfortable. The room was excellently cleaned. The bathroom had neutrogena hair and bath liquid shampoos in a dispenser in the shower. I loved the room. The kitchen area was great. Full size refrigerator, microwave and you get get an electric one burner hot plate to cook on. There were cooking and eating utensils. It was reasonably priced and I like the colors in the room and the "modern" style of decorating.
I would definately go there again once I came up with my parking stratgedy. I would not park on Pleasant street nor park with Homes 2 Suites staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful . It was an enjoyable stay . I have read some complaints about the rooms being cold ....well I turned on the heat from auto to on and it was nice and warm, also I did not have any trouble with the hot water in the shower. It's about a ten to fifteen minute walk to the harbor which would probably be more enjoyable in the spring and summer. I also suggest staying on the main road and not walking back roads during the night. But overall a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I liked this hotel. The kitchen is great. We were only there one day so we didn't really use it but it is great if you are staying multiple days. Bathroom was nice. The bed was confortable. The breakfast wasn't really that great. By the time we got down there at 8:15 there was nothing really left. Also on my floor there was a party which we could hear but not too bad. I would stay there again though. The location was great and the rooms were nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HomeTwo B, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Mibar4,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to see that you were able to enjoy the kitchen in our rooms. Each and every one of our rooms are designed specifically for you to feel right at home!

See you next time you are in town!

Christopher Snyder
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I wanted to love this hotel. I really did. Great decor. Great layout. Warm greeting checking in. But the condition of the room left a bit to be desired. When we first arrived, we were marveling at the room decor when we noticed there was a plastic takeout food container left by a prior guest on the top of one of the shelves in the room. Yuk! Why didn't the housekeeping staff remove this? And in the kitchen area, both doors under the sink were off their hinges. They literally fell off into our hands when we tried to access the trash can under the sink.

We were woken up in the middle of the night on Saturday due to the noise of other guests in the hallway and adjoining room.

There was much to like about our stay. I offer the above constructive criticism in the hope that management can double down on some issues to improve the customer experience going forward.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Scooter1111Maryland
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went to Baltimore for an interview and two friends came with me. We had a blast exploring the Mount Vernon area and the staff was very nice assisting us with directions and suggestions. They had a shuttle that went to Johns Hopkins Hospital. The room was very spacious with a kitchen, pull out sofa, and full bed. There was a divider curtain that could be pulled out between the bed and sofa if need be. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was in Baltimore for the first time during a whirlwind trip for a trade show at the convention center. I was a little worried about choosing this hotel due to the low cost and some of the reviews but I couldn't of been happier.
I felt very safe in the neighborhood, it's in the city so you're going to encounter an diverse group of people.
Within walking distance of the convention center and at least 10 cool restaurants. I loved Maizy's, it's right around the corner great brick oven pizza, wonderful beer selection and friendly staff (http://maisysbaltimore.com/).
First off the staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful. I opted for the $25 parking and was able to get my car whenever I needed it.
The room was huge, spotless, had a full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, plates and dishes. It also had a firm bed, flat screen TV and since my room faced E. Pleasant, it was really quiet..even during rush hour!
Cool lounging area near the lobby, free wireless in the whole hotel and free breakfast. I slept in, so I didn't check out the spread. All for $76 before tax.
I want to check out Baltimore again, didn't get to see much, but it looks like a cool place and I got a good vibe from the people I met.
I'm definitely going to use Home2 as my home base to explore the city in the spring.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at Home2 Suites! Everyone here is glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Christopher Snyder
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice location, Great view from higher floors, good service, good staff, and overall great place to stay. I stayed here from 12/27 to 01/06 and really enjoyed my stay. I was with my girlfriend and we had our dog Max with us. The hotel is pet friendly and the dog park is a nice little walk to enjoy with your shorter member of the family.

I will definitely, be visiting again.

Room Tip: You can view the Monument from your room on the back side and on a high floor like 11 and above.