“Great Customer Service.......and Clean!”

Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Boston, MA
“Great Customer Service.......and Clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great staff!

I traveled to Baltimore to attend a graduation and spend the weekend. I decided to try the Home2 Suites and am so glad I did!

It is close to Inner Harbor and sits in a nice neighborhood where you can find a great food mart, eateries, and the Walters Art Museum.
It is a short cab ride back from inner harbor if you prefer after dark (cost me $4 plus tip)

Lobby is very comfortable and clean, has 3 tv's, extensive seating and 2 computers. My room was impeccably clean and spacious. I did my traditional "soap dish shower check" for cleanliness and was beyond happy! Mattress was comfy, clean and neat as was the couch/pull out bed. There were plenty of lighting options, and the kitchen area was spotless and well stocked.

But the true star of this hotel is the staff. I was in and out and around the lobby many times during my stay and found them always very friendly, yet professional.
And BUSY. By busy I mean, if there were no guests seeking assistance, they were dusting, or washing the floor or pulling luggage or getting or parking a car.

I arrived very early for my check-in and was met with a smile and understanding. (Although I did not expect them to rush so quickly as it was my choice to get a lower fare and fly in early). Lanita and Aaron did not make me feel like and inconvenience, but rather a welcome guest that they were there to make comfortable.

Lanita is fantastic. Friendly, professional and truly warm. She makes you feel as you are coming into her home and wants you to be comfortable and happy. If she had a slow moment, she went over and dusted the window area or some other task, always smiling and keeping an eye out for guests and an ear out for the phone.
Aaron as well was extremely kind, friendly, patient and accommodating.....and busy!
Briz has a smile that makes you smile too. Although I did not have as much interaction with him, he was a joy from the moment he said hello!

And then there was Jarrod, the young man who worked in the evenings. He always with a smile and charming manners. The first night I was there I was in the lobby using the computer and I'm sure secretly drove him crazy as I checked the Red Sox game score....but he never let on. He chatted with me and smiled all the while working away, mopping, cleaning assisting guests, getting cars etc.

I regret that I do not know who was responsible to cleaning and preparing the rooms, but they should be commended for their attention to detail and hard work. I t was appreciated.
Also, thanks to the lady who took care of the breakfast area......good job keeping up with the fast pace stocking food and cleaning.

All in all, if you want a place to feel comfortable and cared for while in Baltimore, I highly recommend the Home2 Suites!

Again...thank you Lanita, Aaron, Jarrod and Briz!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Koalabear33,

Your comments are truly appreciated, and I thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your stay with us! Jerrod, Aaron, Linita and Briz and the rest of the staff love seeing guests have experiences like this. It is always our goal to ensure everyone has a comfortable, clean and enjoyable stay with us, and it seems we were successful during your visit. When you return, please reach out to us so we may offer another great stay!

410.576.1200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I opted to stay here because it was about half the price of the "Inner Harbour" hotels that are just a few blocks further south. I'm glad I did, as the hotel was great especially at the price. The rooms were on the whole excellent. They were nice and spacious, with a good bed, sofa, large desk to work on, big TV and a kitchen. The kitchen was pretty well stocked with implements, and you only had to ring downstairs for more. On the whole, the room felt like it belonged in a much much pricer place, which was great!

Only two downsides were the breakfast and the shower. I think if the rest of the hotel had been in line with what I'd paid I might not have noticed these two as much, but given how good the rest was they really stood out. There are plenty of nice places nearby for a better breakfast though, so no big deal!

Also, because this hotel is a few blocks north of the inner harbour, it's also only a few blocks away from the excellent (and free!) Walters Art Museum, so you can easily nip in there (which I'd very much recommend doing)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gagravarr
Gagravarr,

A sincere thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us last week! It is always great for us to hear what our guests enjoyed about their stay at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown. When you return, what would you like to see at breakfast? We're always looking for ways to boost our offerings! Don't hesitate to reach out, your suggestion could end up on our menu!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday morning, getting ready for a friend's wedding that Sunday. The folks at the desk, Marlon and Linita, were friendly and welcoming. Even though our rooms weren't yet ready (it was noon and check-in wasn't til 3), they held our bags and said they'd have our rooms ready by 1pm.

We returned a little after 2pm and checked in. Jokingly, I told Marlon that I'd show him a magic trick with a deck of cards I was holding. If he couldn;t guess how it was done he'd have to give us each ice cream sandwiches from the freezer. He agreed (shockingly) and followed through by giving us free ice cream. What an awesome guy! Check plus for that.

When we got to our room it was incredible clean and much larger than we thought it would be. There was a couch, a kitchen with dishes and a dishwasher and a nice sized bathroom.

Throughout the weekend the staff was always helpful, calling us cabs, giving restaurant recommendations, etc. Really nice vibe.

Overall the place was great and having stayed in a ton of hotels over the years, this one was near the very top. Super impressed and we'll be back next time we are in Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob S,

I have to say, this has been one of my favorite reviews out of the dozens I have had the opportunity to read the Home2 Suites Baltimore! If Marlon were better at magic and figured it out, I bet he would have felt bad and given you the ice cream anyway! I'm so glad you had a great time with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We recently visited your hotel while coming to Baltimore to visit my son who lives there. We were so impressed by our entire experience. From the ease of parking to the beautiful lobby, wonderful, helpful staff and a great continental breakfast. The rooms are immaculate. Darren does an excellent job and Briz and Jerrod are polite, supportive and efficient. The location is perfect walking distance to the amazing Walter Art Gallery. We plan on coming back and staying at your fabulous hotel often. Thanks for a great visit.

Room Tip: All rooms seem great
Suzi G,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit with us at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown! Jerrod, Briz and Darren will all be proud to hear their wonderful service was appreciated. When you come back, be sure to let us know!

Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The staff are amazing, very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean but they only do "light housekeeping" which is fine with me as I don't need to have the sheets changed every day. But if you want "light housekeeping" on the weekends you have to request it, otherwise your room won't be touched. Breakfast was lacking, just cereal, toast, english muffins, some refrigerated muffin egg combination that required toasting (only 1 out of my party of 4 could even eat this). Best bet is to walk to a nearby Subway for breakfast. Location is good in that it is close to inner harbor. Driving to hotel is ridiculous with the 1 way streets and even with a GPS we circled the hotel for a while, able to see it, but not able to find the little one way street in the dark. Depending upon the time of day you arrive and leave valet parking may take a long time. When we arrived around 10 PM no one valet attendant greeted us and we had to double park and go into hotel looking for valet. My daughter loved the sheets, so soft.

2 Thank SueC810
SueC810,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your most recent stay at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown. We are always open to all comments we receive. We are currently reviewing and trying new options for breakfast, so that we may have something for everyone! Also, while we practice light housekeeping for guests with shorter stays, we would always be more than happy to do full linen and towel service each day to accommodate any of our guests wishes. We have also brought on additional valet attendants to ensure prompt service for you and your family.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff - it is our best accomplishment if our guests feel this way after and during their stay. And our Microfiber sheets are one of my favorite items at the hotel! I hope you reach out to us next time you are coming to town, and can enjoy the Home2 Suites Baltimore again!

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I went for a 4 day business trip and Home2 had everything I would have wishes for a business/suite hotel. Large rooms with kitchen facilities, free wifi, 24h downstairs space to work, good beds and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lin K
Lin K,

We love seeing business people happy to be working and staying with us! As always, our staff are here to make your stay both comfortable and efficient, no matter what brings you to downtown Baltimore. If you would like, contact myself or any of our staff when arranging your next stay!

Catanzaro, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent only one night in this Hotel where I had never been before, and I was really most impressed with it. The location is very convenient, the room was spotless, spacious and very well-organised, the beds the staff friendly and competent. In particular, Ms. Linita and another young lady and a gentleman, whose name unfortunately I can't remember, were tremendously helpful during my stay. All in all, I was really very satisfied, and I definitely plan to stay in this Hotel next time I visit the city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Johnm55,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and pictures of our Suites! It is always a pleasure to hear of a great stay at the Home2 Suites Baltimore! Linita as always will enjoy hearing of a guest that she has helped! As for everyone else, we look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit. If there is anything I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me directly.