“Almost Perfect”

Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I loved the location, the staff were excellent and the rooms were great. Only problem was that when we checked in the shower was DIRTY. And when I say dirty I mean there was an open, used bar of soap on the rack and some disgusting brown stains near the drain. On the plus side when we called downstairs someone came right up and took care of the problem. Definitely creeped me out a bit though...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith S
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Keith,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Managers as well as our team, and reinforced the standards that we practice on a daily basis. It's great to hear that your stay as a whole was good, but in addition to excellent service, cleanliness is our number one standard. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Yours in Hospitality,
Nick Speach
410 576 1200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here for a work trip. The room was perfect. It was spacious, clean, quiet (except for trash in the middle of the night). Workout room had enough equipment to get a decent workout. Free breakfast has a variety of options to suit everyone's needs. The room includes everything you would need for a longer stay. We were only here for two nights, but if you needed a place to stay for a week or longer, this would be a gem. I was suprised how nice the hotel was for the price and location. Good bars and restaurants are within easy walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SoCal
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was very delighted to stumble across this place, and I would be happy to stay their again.

I loved the layout of the rooms, the entire staff treated me great... It was all good.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Stratford, CT
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Home2suites on East Pleasant St. in Baltimore is a beautiful little boutique hotel which has been completely redone like new. The lobby and breakfast room (complementary) are lovely as are the suites. Mine included a brand new all stainless kitchette with microwave,refrigerator, sink, and dishwasher. A living area with couch, and a queen sized bed with desk with wi fi and internet access and large flat screen t.v. Excellent and clean bathroom. Near Peabody Conservatory, multiple museums and concert halls, and on free bus route to inner harbor area. Price was very reasonable, and even more so if you prepay.All staff was courteous, friendly, and accommodating. I'd stay there anytime!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie F
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2011

1. I have stayed in every metro Baltimore hilton and this new brand is my FAV.
2. Location: monument area..not as thouristy, great food within walking distance. Grocery right across the street. SUPER easy to access johns Hopkins. Baltimore can be confusing to drive around but this location is perfect for getting to Hopkins.
3. Hotel appearance: clean modern and green. I love the sheets! And want to get a set for home. There are outlets by the bed!!!!!! And the ihome alarm is a really touch.
4. Hotel staff: unha has checked me in several times and couldn't be nicer. I messed up my confirmation this last time and she was speedy in finding me a room.
5. Jhu has a special rate so call for details.

• Stayed November 2011
Lindsey,

I believe we spoke on the phone not too long ago and all of the items that you mentioned here are exactly what we love about the hotel too! I have shared your comments with the staff, and they hope you come back soon!

Nick Speach
410 576 1200
Atlantic, Virginia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel is located on a small, quiet side street very close to the Inner Harbor. My GPS had me drive around the block numerous times, and I kept missing the street. After I quit listening to the Tom Tom, I ended up SO lost that I had to call the hotel.
I spoke with a woman named Lakia, and she became my hero! She actually navigated me through the rainy streets of Baltimore in rush hour traffic.At one point she had to let me go, in order to help a guest. Unexpectedly, she called me back just to make sure I was still alright.
This hotel is very clean, well appointed and has a STELLAR staff. Thanks to Lakia, I will be a guest at the Home 2 everytime I stay in Baltimore.
Thank you Lakia, and Home 2!

Room Tip: 1405 has an incredible view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
On The Road
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have been growing very tired of Hilton's less than imaginative room decor in all of their new hotels. While they are nice, they are very corporate. With the likes of Aloft by W Hotels, along with Element - Hilton had been ignoring market trends and pricing.

I stayed at this property for an work event at the convention center. The walk to the Harbor and Convention Center area is about 1/2 mile downhill (on the way there....) and very do-able in the morning, however, when the sun goes down the sense of safety and security disappear with the daylight. I've been traveling to Charm City for work for five year now, and as the recession has been prolonged, the crime in the city has sky rocketed. However.... the neighborhood around the hotel is very safe, and I wasn't afraid at all to walk in the neighborhood at night.

The hotel is fantastic - the concept is totally different than anything else that Hilton is doing. The property has a very small and comfortable feeling - while having hundreds of rooms, there only 9-10 rooms on each floor - so it feels very small.

The breakfast service is a game changer as well - it's a departure from a buffet style, and yet there is still something for everyone.

The rooms are very well appointed, spacious, and geared toward the extended stay traveler - they are well suited for a night or a month. It's great having the kitchenette in the room.

The decor is very trendy and comfortable!

If you are planning a stay in downtown Baltimore, I definitely suggest the Home 2!

Great stay, friendly staff, and fantastic rooms!

I had a AAA rate of $103 - and instead of paying $25 a night for Valet parking, I parked a couple blocks away in the garage next to the Basilica - and that was only $24 for two nights. I parked in front of the hotel, took my luggage to my room, and then moved my car to the garage. The garage is very safe, well lit, and easy to access. I'm not a fan of Valet parking - I want my car when I want it, not when the valets have time to get it.

As with nearly all hotels that have a food shop available in the lobby - everything is very over priced, so avoid it if at all possible.

The only negative was the ice machine on my floor wasn't working.

So, Hilton, you finally caught up with the trends, now let's continue to repeat the success!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business