“Lost in Baltimore”

Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Atlantic, Virginia
“Lost in Baltimore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel is located on a small, quiet side street very close to the Inner Harbor. My GPS had me drive around the block numerous times, and I kept missing the street. After I quit listening to the Tom Tom, I ended up SO lost that I had to call the hotel.
I spoke with a woman named Lakia, and she became my hero! She actually navigated me through the rainy streets of Baltimore in rush hour traffic.At one point she had to let me go, in order to help a guest. Unexpectedly, she called me back just to make sure I was still alright.
This hotel is very clean, well appointed and has a STELLAR staff. Thanks to Lakia, I will be a guest at the Home 2 everytime I stay in Baltimore.
Thank you Lakia, and Home 2!

Room Tip: 1405 has an incredible view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
On The Road
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have been growing very tired of Hilton's less than imaginative room decor in all of their new hotels. While they are nice, they are very corporate. With the likes of Aloft by W Hotels, along with Element - Hilton had been ignoring market trends and pricing.

I stayed at this property for an work event at the convention center. The walk to the Harbor and Convention Center area is about 1/2 mile downhill (on the way there....) and very do-able in the morning, however, when the sun goes down the sense of safety and security disappear with the daylight. I've been traveling to Charm City for work for five year now, and as the recession has been prolonged, the crime in the city has sky rocketed. However.... the neighborhood around the hotel is very safe, and I wasn't afraid at all to walk in the neighborhood at night.

The hotel is fantastic - the concept is totally different than anything else that Hilton is doing. The property has a very small and comfortable feeling - while having hundreds of rooms, there only 9-10 rooms on each floor - so it feels very small.

The breakfast service is a game changer as well - it's a departure from a buffet style, and yet there is still something for everyone.

The rooms are very well appointed, spacious, and geared toward the extended stay traveler - they are well suited for a night or a month. It's great having the kitchenette in the room.

The decor is very trendy and comfortable!

If you are planning a stay in downtown Baltimore, I definitely suggest the Home 2!

Great stay, friendly staff, and fantastic rooms!

I had a AAA rate of $103 - and instead of paying $25 a night for Valet parking, I parked a couple blocks away in the garage next to the Basilica - and that was only $24 for two nights. I parked in front of the hotel, took my luggage to my room, and then moved my car to the garage. The garage is very safe, well lit, and easy to access. I'm not a fan of Valet parking - I want my car when I want it, not when the valets have time to get it.

As with nearly all hotels that have a food shop available in the lobby - everything is very over priced, so avoid it if at all possible.

The only negative was the ice machine on my floor wasn't working.

So, Hilton, you finally caught up with the trends, now let's continue to repeat the success!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Staff at the hotel were friendly, and they provided us with all the amenities needed. Lakia, Joyce, Tyrus, Linita, and Nataisha were so warm that it made me feel like I had people there who really cared about me as a customer. The breakfast provided was a little above standard, and the decorations in the common areas were cozy and also a little coffee shop like. During one night, we had the unfortunate incident of leaking coming from the floor above our bathroom. We called up the front desk and they were able to find us another room to use in a different floor. It was a little inconvenient moving all of our stuff in the middle of the night, but the fact that they were able to find us a replacement room was reasonable. Fitness room was reasonable, and the laundry was convenient. The only thing I would ask for is a nice cool natural, organic, dark lager, and pool and/or jacuzzi in the room to sip it in!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors, more visibility.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed one night, but I could have stayed more. Very fun and modern. The staff were great--upon checking out very early in the morning they offered us drinks to go (we took bottled water). The valet was prompt and helpful. The rooms were clean and modern. Actually, I thought the set-up was perfect for the business traveler--the space for working was excellent. We stayed in the queen suite. The hotel is a 10-15 min walk from the harbor. I definitely would recommend this specific hotel and the brand in general.

1 Thank farfalla818
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I found the hotel to be very very clean--the personnel were terrific-Nick,Tyrus,Lorraine and all of the crew--can't remember all their names--sorry--the location is perfect for anywhere you want to go in Baltimore -- we already booked for May 2012 for our group of 9 to 10 couples--can't say enough about it--AND the price is right-

1 Thank Maryjaneb33753
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed at Home2 Suites in Baltimore while visting friends. I can't say enough good things about this hotel! The staff were all super friendly and very accomodating! The room was as pictured and was not only spacious but also very clean! The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have even slept in! I will definitely book this hotel for my next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at the Home2 on two separate occasions; once for a two-week period during the Grand Prix and another during the marathon, and both times were fantastic. It is located off the beaten path far enough away from the Inner Harbor craziness, yet one can simply walk approximately one mile to all of the "action". It's on a couple of MTA bus routes as well as the Charm City Circulator (the free bus owned by the city) which is good because those routes travel to Federal Hill and Fells Point, among other areas. The room costs are very reasonable, the gym is small but more than adequate for a quick workout, and they even have laundry facilities for those longer stays. Most importantly, the front desk staff is extremely nice and accommodating. I'd single out an individual but everyone I have dealt with great! I plan on staying at the Home2 for all my business and personal travel to the Baltimore area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business