“Hilton goes boutique”

Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Alexandria, Virginia
“Hilton goes boutique”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed only one night to attend an Orioles game and was surprised to see that the hotel was just tucked away on a side street. I arrived in Baltimore via Amtrak from DC and took a cab, which took 15 minutes and was about $8 including tip. I realized afterward that I could have taken the free Circulator bus from Penn Station and it would have dropped me about a block away. I walked up the short hill the next morning to get the Circulator back to the station--it took about seven minutes. These buses run about every 15 minutes.

It was a 20-minute walk downhill to Camden Yards, and it would be a similar walking time to the Inner Harbor. I could have taken the Circulator, which has a stop about three blocks from the stadium, but the weather was lovely and exercise is always good! It was impossible to get a cab after the game, and while I was a bit hesitant to walk back to the hotel at 10:30p, it was fine.

The hotel is quite refreshing and boutique-y. It's a nice departure from the Embassy, Doubletree or Homewood Suites, which are also in the Hilton portfolio. As other reviewers have said, the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and well-equipped, and the breakfast was adequate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
British Columbia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This newly-reno'd place has it all -- spacious, full equipped studio suites, super-friendly and helpful staff, a gym, free laundry, wireless that really works and a great location! After trying several mediocre (and one downright awful) hotels in BWI, I have found my home-away-from-home -- this is my ONLY place to stay in Baltimore!

Room Tip: I was in Room 202, almost directly over the front door, which was noisy at times. But the lower floo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2011

What a great find. A modern, spacious, European-style (think high-end Ikea, with great use of space), extended-stay hotel close to Johns Hopkins.

Within close walking distance of a number of restaurants on N. Charles, as well as a large, well-stocked Fresh Green grocery store.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick S
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The room had a great view, was clean, (I found out when I got there it was in fact, new), and had a well stocked kitchenette. The breakfast was simple, but good and the breakfast room was a good place to hang out if you needed to wait for somebody. The service was perfect, with maid service responding very rapidly to each request I made. Although this place is advertized for business travellers, it turned out to be a great place for my husband, I and my toddler to stay, given that there was a good size fridge and a microwave for keeping & heating snacks/leftovers/milk They also had a travel-size crib and were very accomodating of scheduling room cleaning around nap time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaBostonMA
North Haven, CT
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was hesitant to stay here because I am so spoiled I try to stay at the number one or two hotels whenever I travel. I couldn't find a lot of information on this hotel and knew it was pretty new and that it cost me very little points to stay there for a few days so I took the chance.

We had been traveling for much of the day hitting every kind of traffic. This trip was to drop my daughter at school and being miles and miles from home I arrived in Baltimore very sad.

The hotel is on a narrow street that is not well lit. This worried me right away. I also noticed that the parking was limited to the sides of the street or valet parking was available at $25 per day.

We entered the building and from the entrance to the desk we were greeted with smiling happy faces wishing us good will etc. Forgive me but I forget the woman helping us that first night. That would be Wednesday, 8/24/11. I think her name might have been Joyce. She was the sweetest, most helpful, friendly, talkative person. She was the reason I started to relax.

The rooms are all suites. They are newer with newer fixtures, dishes and all. Very nice value. The bed was comfortable but the first night we didn't have all of the sheets for the fold out bed. My daughter didn't care and was so tired she slept before we could call anyone. The only other not nice thing was how my husband had to run around for ice. He went to all applicable floors and was finally helped by the desk on the first floor. We were on the 8th or 10th. I can't exactly remember.

The valet was so helpful on our day out he guided us to the highway. He was another helpful, nice person.

I would recommend this hotel to any traveler but especially to those needing to stay for a while due to work.

1 Thank dbbohner
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed in the hotel 8/5 - 8/7. I had 4 rooms with my family. I'm a long time Hilton Diamond member and couldn't pass on the 7,500 pts per night for the room. Obviously as a Diamond member I've stayed numerous times at Hilton. I was very impressed with the size of the rooms, the kitchenette and FREE LAUNDRY.lol
The front desk staff was AWESOME. The elevators were small, but I understand why. The breakfast may need some tweaks. Parking or lack of it may be a concern for some, but we found plenty of free parking on the street.The proximity to Inner Harbor was great. the free Charm Circulator was an added bonus. we're definitely coming back!!
Did i mention the front desk staff was AWESOME!!!

1 Thank Ben S
Virginia, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel has been completely renovated since its last life with another chain. Everything is fresh and new--it has complete kitchenettes and large modern bathrooms, and is well suited to its stated purpose of extended stays.. I'm not a big fan of lime green but since that's the "new" color, the hotel certainly appears very hip and up-to-date. The lobby is small and sparsely furnished but adequate for the purpose. The folks at the front desk were friendly.

The complimentary continental breakfast is a little skimpy but serves the purpose.

The hotel's location off Charles Street close to the Mount Vernon district makes it a little far to walk to the harbor area. There is limited street parking and valet parking is quite expensive.

We got a great deal on an introductory rate to this hotel so it was a great bargain.

Room Tip: A higher floor would provide you the best view of the city from this hillside location.
1 Thank MargaretVirginia_USA
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
MargaretVirginia_USA,

Thank you for your review regarding you stay with us at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown, every bit of feedback we receive helps us improve the quality of service we provide. We're glad you enjoyed the new hotel.

I do understand that parking can be a bit of a hassle and added expense. Since valet is the only form of parking we can provide directly, we try to keep the price as close to what you would pay if you were to self park at many of the garages downtown, but have the plus of free in and out service.

Also, if you are headed to the Harbor and not looking to walk, we are right on the route for the Charm City Circulator, which will take you to and from the Harbor, as well as many other destinations throughout the city.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Nick Speach