“really nice stay”

Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Boston, MA
“really nice stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The room had a great view, was clean, (I found out when I got there it was in fact, new), and had a well stocked kitchenette. The breakfast was simple, but good and the breakfast room was a good place to hang out if you needed to wait for somebody. The service was perfect, with maid service responding very rapidly to each request I made. Although this place is advertized for business travellers, it turned out to be a great place for my husband, I and my toddler to stay, given that there was a good size fridge and a microwave for keeping & heating snacks/leftovers/milk They also had a travel-size crib and were very accomodating of scheduling room cleaning around nap time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaBostonMA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
North Haven, CT
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was hesitant to stay here because I am so spoiled I try to stay at the number one or two hotels whenever I travel. I couldn't find a lot of information on this hotel and knew it was pretty new and that it cost me very little points to stay there for a few days so I took the chance.

We had been traveling for much of the day hitting every kind of traffic. This trip was to drop my daughter at school and being miles and miles from home I arrived in Baltimore very sad.

The hotel is on a narrow street that is not well lit. This worried me right away. I also noticed that the parking was limited to the sides of the street or valet parking was available at $25 per day.

We entered the building and from the entrance to the desk we were greeted with smiling happy faces wishing us good will etc. Forgive me but I forget the woman helping us that first night. That would be Wednesday, 8/24/11. I think her name might have been Joyce. She was the sweetest, most helpful, friendly, talkative person. She was the reason I started to relax.

The rooms are all suites. They are newer with newer fixtures, dishes and all. Very nice value. The bed was comfortable but the first night we didn't have all of the sheets for the fold out bed. My daughter didn't care and was so tired she slept before we could call anyone. The only other not nice thing was how my husband had to run around for ice. He went to all applicable floors and was finally helped by the desk on the first floor. We were on the 8th or 10th. I can't exactly remember.

The valet was so helpful on our day out he guided us to the highway. He was another helpful, nice person.

I would recommend this hotel to any traveler but especially to those needing to stay for a while due to work.

1 Thank dbbohner
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed in the hotel 8/5 - 8/7. I had 4 rooms with my family. I'm a long time Hilton Diamond member and couldn't pass on the 7,500 pts per night for the room. Obviously as a Diamond member I've stayed numerous times at Hilton. I was very impressed with the size of the rooms, the kitchenette and FREE LAUNDRY.lol
The front desk staff was AWESOME. The elevators were small, but I understand why. The breakfast may need some tweaks. Parking or lack of it may be a concern for some, but we found plenty of free parking on the street.The proximity to Inner Harbor was great. the free Charm Circulator was an added bonus. we're definitely coming back!!
Did i mention the front desk staff was AWESOME!!!

1 Thank Ben S
Virginia, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel has been completely renovated since its last life with another chain. Everything is fresh and new--it has complete kitchenettes and large modern bathrooms, and is well suited to its stated purpose of extended stays.. I'm not a big fan of lime green but since that's the "new" color, the hotel certainly appears very hip and up-to-date. The lobby is small and sparsely furnished but adequate for the purpose. The folks at the front desk were friendly.

The complimentary continental breakfast is a little skimpy but serves the purpose.

The hotel's location off Charles Street close to the Mount Vernon district makes it a little far to walk to the harbor area. There is limited street parking and valet parking is quite expensive.

We got a great deal on an introductory rate to this hotel so it was a great bargain.

Room Tip: A higher floor would provide you the best view of the city from this hillside location.
1 Thank MargaretVirginia_USA
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
MargaretVirginia_USA,

Thank you for your review regarding you stay with us at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown, every bit of feedback we receive helps us improve the quality of service we provide. We're glad you enjoyed the new hotel.

I do understand that parking can be a bit of a hassle and added expense. Since valet is the only form of parking we can provide directly, we try to keep the price as close to what you would pay if you were to self park at many of the garages downtown, but have the plus of free in and out service.

Also, if you are headed to the Harbor and not looking to walk, we are right on the route for the Charm City Circulator, which will take you to and from the Harbor, as well as many other destinations throughout the city.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

charlotte
Reviewed August 24, 2011

normally I feel that the hilton honors program is a bad deal. you usually need 25000 points to stay anywhere - which equals like 15 nights that you have to pay for - for one free night. But when i found that this was only 7500 I jumped on it. (I am sure they will jack this up soon...)

I then saws bad review from other sites and got nervous but that was back in July and it looks like they got their act together.

So anyway about my stay.... I was expecting the Knights Inn but this place is better than every Hampton I have stayed at. i would compare it to a homewood suites. The room was very clean and modern, free wifi, great tv, comfortable bed. I would love to stay here again! Friendly staff as well.

The only minor complaint I have is breakfast closes at 9AM - litte early, especially on a weekend.. and check out at 11AM-- noon feels more standard.

but overall -- well done

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank thetruthCharlotte
thetruthCharlotte,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience with us! We did offer an introductory Hhonors point rate, but don't fret, we still have the best value for points of any Hilton Family product in Baltimore! We're also happy to announce that there will be 4 more Home2 Suites opening around the country by the end of this year! On Oct. 3rd, we welcome San Antonio's Own Home2 right on the Riverwalk, so in your travels be sure to check them out!

The comments you shared about breakfast are not going unheard, we're currently working on the best way to accommodate everyone!

Hopefully we will see you in the future, if you have any additional comments that you would like to share, I would be more than happy to speak with you.

Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We came through Baltimore for a ball game and decided to stay another day to see the aquarium and inner harbor. This hotel was recommended by a friend and we could not be happier with the stay. The hotel was great, clean throughout, and spacious rooms with so many wonderful amenities. And extra props to the staff...they were all very friendly and helpful! This place is my top choice for any stay in the downtown Baltimore.

1 Thank Scott S
Soctt,

Thanks so much for the great response, we're working hard every day to ensure each of our guests have a stay like yours. I'm personally sad that Baseball is winding down for the season, but if you come in to see a Ravens game, let us know - it'd be great to have you back!

Yours in Hospitality,

410-576-1200
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The entire staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. They provided quality service and treated me like family. My room was fantastic! It was on the 12th floor and had a great view of Mt. Vernon Park. It was quiet at all times and at night was comfortable to sleep in the air conditioning and pitch dark (thanks to room darkening shades). Loved the full kitchen and sleeper sofa. The complimentary laundry was a nice touch for a long term stay like mine (of 6 weeks). And, Charles Street has fabulous restaurants...within walking distance.

The amenities I missed most were...a bath tub, an oven/stove top, a balcony or immediate outdoor access, and a pool.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a suite hotel in Inner Harbor. Thank you, Kerrianne

Room Tip: The 12th floor will provide you with the best view of Mt. Vernon and since it is some distance from...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerrianne S
Kerrianne - We miss you since you have checked out, and at least once a week a member of our staff has asked about you. We love that you had such a great experience with a long term stay, that's our exact goal. When, not if you return, please let me know so we can prepare a great welcome!