“The staff is amazing!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This a a great hotel. My Mom had major surgery at Johns Hopkins and we chose this hotel after spending a couple days there earlier for her consultation. The staff was absolutely amazing and made us feel right at home, making our decision to stay there for her 2-3 weeks during surgery and recovery a no brainer.
A special thank you to Andre, Leslie and Yolanda at the bar/restaurant area. Their extra special kindness and comforting words always making sure not only my Mom, but the rest of the family, was comfortable. During a stressful time away from home with a serious medical concerns made the stay quite comfortable.
The food is very, very good. Many thanks to Jerome and his team for not only having great meals for me and my family, but also special broths and potatoes for my Mom while she was recovering.
And, I can't forget Meliek and I'm sorry the guy who was always so nice to us whose name isn't coming to me. (You know who you are, you just got back from a quick trip to I think Texas or somewhere). ;0) These guys go beyond and above to make sure their guests are happy and comfortable.
The only thing I would have to ding is that every Saturday we were there , unfortunately there were huge all night parties making it impossible to sleep. The last one was on our floor, and with a recovering Mother just back from major surgery was most annoying. My recommendation is that out of 37 floors, they could have a couple designated "quiet healing floors" for patients recovering and their families. It is quite easy to know who those families are because they are the ones that are taking the shuttle every day to the various hospitals and they have the hospital negotiate rates. They say they try to do that, but with 3 consecutive Saturday parties, I don't think it's working to well for them. Franklin the manager did take care of us though, so thanks for that. I think they are running $99/night specials and it is bringing in local huge parties unknown to them. That's what I was told.
All in all, I would go back in a heart beat.
Oh, last but not least, Manuel. You are fantastic! Your service and friendly words and concern will be remembered always.
Thanks Embassy suites. See you in 6 months or so.

Room Tip: I liked the higher up floors due to the beautiful sunrise and sunset lights.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear lildipper1,
You definitely said it best... our team does goes beyond and above to make sure guests are happy and comfortable at all times. It amazes us how many names you mentioned in your review, but our associates will be very happy to read how much their efforts were appreciated. We regret to learn of the neighboring guest room disturbances you encountered during your stay, and completely empathize. By no means do we want your mom to recover from a major surgery while there is loud noises nearby. We do our absolute best to put those persons recovering from surgery on floors with other similar patrons, but sometimes things are outside of our control. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you will return to us in a heartbeat. Hopefully, you return under less stressful circumstances, and we hope your mom is recovering well!
-The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! The staff is so nice and helpful. Even on a busy weekend morning, the breakfast staff was all smiles and attentive to the guests. Happy Hour is lovely with the male bartender who has been with this property forever! I have stayed in both the one bedroom and the suite version and I prefer the one room suite. The bathroom is MUCH bigger. One bedroom bath can't fit two people getting ready at the same time. Only place I will now stay in Baltimore. Will be back, staying in 2 bedroom suite, for Baltimore Book Festival in September. Thanks to all who made our stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: One room suite bathroom is much larger than one bedroom suite
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Colie05,
We are thrilled to hear that you cannot say enough good things about the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor! Our team does an superb job of attending to the needs of each guest with a smile on their face. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you have selected us as your hotel of choice when returning to Baltimore in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

There is so much nice things to say about this property and in fairness to the property we were there during a weekend where some type of sporting event was happening for a very large group of families with kids. I cannot still to this day adults allow their children to run around hotels in the pajama pants and barefoot. That being said the staff at this property is friendly and helpful I cannot say enough about the valets they are just great. I visit the area now around every six weeks for business and pleasure as our daughter lives in Baltimore. I am a travel agent and stayed at this property with no discount just a a Hilton Honors member. I wanted to check the property out for my clients using the Cruise Port in Baltimore. I was on the 17th floor and we had my mom with us. Upon arriving around 9:00PM and checking in I got to the suite pulled out the sofa and realized we had no blankets or pillows I went downstairs and requested them an hour later still no blankets or pillows I went down again and requested them and about 20 minutes they arrived. The condition of the suite was clean the furniture sustained the normal abuse of bumps and bruises but it was fine. Around midnight upon entering the bathroom the smell of someone smoking was strong very strong...in the morning I asked if smoking was permitted in the hotel they said no...I said well someone is breaking the rules and it is coming threw the vents into my room. They said they would have someone look into it...well it was not till Sunday morning when we were leaving that we had a smoke free room. It was really terrible...some guests just live to break rules...I cracked the windows open for the entire stay. We were not at the property for the Managers Reception... The three of us tried to go to breakfast on Sunday we were out early on Saturday and did not have breakfast..it was crowded very crowded with a line about 20 deep to make an omelet...food was plentiful in the warming dishes but nothing was cooked well everything was runny and the bacon raw...we opted to leave and have breakfast in a diner in town. Just not worth the hassle of standing in a long line in a hot dining room waiting for a clean or free table. When traveling with my mom it is easier to have a suite hotel...when traveling with just myself or with my husband I will not make the investment in this property when I can stay somewhere for less then half the price. Also be aware pets are allowed at this property three times I was in the elevator with three different dogs...large dogs at that...if you are not animal friendly do not stay here. Again the staff was lovely, the valet service the best I ever had anywhere and as a travel agent I am away more then home!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear susan p,
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. It disappoints us to learn that you did not have the sofa bedding materials delivered to your room in a timely fashion. Also, it is unpleasant to hear if there was a smoke odor during the entirety of your stay. Our property is 100% smoke free and we enforce our penalty on those guests violating this policy. Your comments about the breakfast is not representative of the food we provide, but will be addressed internally to ensure that no other guest reports a similar occurrence. We are very excited to hear that our valet service team exceeded expectations during your stay. This speaks great volume especially for a travel agent, like yourself!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The rooms and bathrooms were spacious with comfortable beds, pillows and linens. As they are suites, the other side of the room has a large sofa (where one can lay down) and desk and there is also a separate space with a sink, fridge and microwave. The TV can pivot from the living space to the bedroom space. There is only free Wi-Fi in the lobby which is inconvenient as the lobby has minimal space and seating and is busy. The self parking garage next door is convenient. All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and hospitable. The free breakfast and evening happy hour reception were nice but could have had more variety as it was somewhat monotonous.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Nancy L,
We are happy that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and sumptuous Sweet Dreams bedding. It seems the cost of our in-room internet caused some inconvenience, but hope this did not deter from your overall cozy experience. We do our best to offer a diverse variety of both hot and cold options each day (i.e. breakfast potatoes, eggs, oatmeal, pastries, bacon, fruit, omelets, etc.). You won't find too many other hotels nearby with this kind of selection for no cost. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel this past weekend. I wanted to make you aware of how awesome my experience was. I know all too well, that people are more apt to sharing the bad, as opposed to the good.

My family and I came to spend time together over the holiday weekend. The hotel was PACKED. Despite the crazy wait times for the elevator, and bustle everywhere, I was very pleased with each member of the staff that I came into contact with.

Upon entering the hotel, the Bell Staff was very friendly and greeted us as soon as we arrived. Shannon was so attentive as he packed up our bell cart, (he even made a joke about us (my female cousin and I- attempting to do it ourselves.) We hadn't even realized! I was so happy that he came and packed everything up and took it to our rooms for us. We sure did have a lot of items with us!

Eddie checked us in. He was so funny! Each time we came to the desk, for new keys, questions, whatever...he had a light hearted, yet hilarious joke. My mother ended up leaving a car seat for my nephew at the desk. As he went to get it, he mentioned that he would charge me $1200 for it. Very amusing. Needless to say, he never got that $1200. :)

As we were leaving, I ran into Kenny. He also had a very positive, up beat personality.

Its great to come to a hotel, and EVERY person that you meet is hospitable. It means alot. It's actually something that I look for. I am happy to report that your team did not disappoint. Even though your hotel was sold out, not one person appeared frustrated, annoyed, or overwhelmed. Looking through the lobby, and at breakfast, the staff as a whole, was always there with a warm smile. Thank you so much for making this weekend a wonderful one for my family with your smiling faces and willingness to help!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear besos_cam,
We sincerely appreciate reviews such as yours, since they make us realize that we've done our jobs very well! Thank you for taking the time to recognize each of the team members you came in contact with during your stay, and how they made you feel so welcome. We know that Kenny, Shannon, and Eddie will appreciate your comments and acknowledging each of their efforts personally. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back again very soon.
-Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Guest Experience Team

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had the need for a hotel close to University of Maryland Medical Center, as my husband was undergoing major surgery. Embassy suites Inner Harbor came through with a room to meet all my needs at a discounted rate for families of patients at the hospital. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly and professional valet parking attendant and bellman. Even though we were an hour and a half early for check in time we were allowed to check in and go directly to our room. In my lifetime I have stayed in many five star hotels and I have never found one with better customer service. Everyone from the valet parking attendant to the general manager was friendly, professional and attentive to my husband and me. The rooms were clean and tidy and the food in the restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced. Embassy Suites Baltimore -Inner Harbor is tops in my book. I recommend it highly.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Hope M,
We hope that your husband recovered well from the surgery procedure at Mercy, and glad our hotel was a convenient location for both of you while in Baltimore. It is such a compliment to hear that our customer service efforts were better than any five star hotel you've stayed at in the past. One of the main highlights of our hotel is our team's dedication to providing a positive and memorable experience for our guests. We very much enjoyed reading your enthusiastic feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
-Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Guest Experience Team

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Don't be fooled by the surrounding streets, the hotel was good quality, with complimentary breakfast and evening reception at a good rate in a city and there are a lot of little restaurants a few blocks away.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business