“EXCELLENT STAY; HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Staten Island, New York
“EXCELLENT STAY; HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went here with my gf and another couple for a 4 day trip to Baltimore. The place was fantastic. Breakfast every morning consisted of pancakes, sausage links, breakfast potatoes, bacon, fresh made omelettes, oj, cranberry juice, coffee, tea, yogurt, cereal. It was fantastic. At night, they had complimentary cocktail and snacks in the lounge. Beer, wine, rum runners, white sangria and other mixed drinks for free - how can you go wrong there. 5:30-7:30 2 hours to load up if you wanted to. Very convenient to inner harbor. cab fare abt 4-6 dollars even the ride to train station was about 10 or so by yellow cab. the hotel did have private taxis outside too and I used the same taxi the 4 days there. Our driver Steve was very helpful. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. Overall a great experience and will be goin there again next time I am in Baltimore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank j m
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear j m,
Thank you for your excellent review and choosing to stay at the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. It gives us great pleasure to read that our friendly and accommodating staff members exceeded your expectations. We are delighted to hear that you will be returning to us again in the near future.
Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is a free bus ride to Inner Harbor and $4 cab ride back from The Harbor. Best breakfast I ever had at an ES. I love the lounge where The Managers Reception is held. The rooms were spacious. There was a different wedding there everyday.
Service was very solid and transportation was right outside the door. $35 ride to Airport. Great stay

• Stayed August 2013
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Close to Camden Yards/Inner Harbor (20 minute walk in a safe area), great breakfast, comfortable room, everything worked, staff were friendly and helpful. At first I was only going to give 4 stars as, like I say, it was a solid place. But as I started to list the attributes I realized that everything was all good with this place, so it deserved a 5.

The Breakfast was great - Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, omelet station if you want something cooked special for you, juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt, cereals....

In the same spot that Breakfast was served they have nightly events with snacks and drinks. We missed that the two night we stayed as we were out and about.

There's a parking garage next door that was $16 per day. A fair price for that area. If you want valet parking it's double that, which isn't so crazy.

The bed was comfy. There was a big pull out chair if we had company. The TV worked. The place was clean.

We were on floor 15 of 37. Heard no street noise. There were 4 elevators. All worked and were clean.

Like I said - all good. I'd stay here again if visiting this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mike S,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our close proximity to Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. Also, we are glad you enjoyed our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and comfortable accommodations. It gives us great pleasure to read that you would stay with us again in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Laurel Springs, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staff members were all pleasant and helpful. We had a two bedroom suite which was great with the kids so we weren't on top of each other. Room was clean. Complimentary breakfast was great. Would recommend it highly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Kelly L,
Thank you for your review. It gives us great pleasure to read that our friendly staff and spacious accommodations exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for highly recommending us to fellow readers and travelers. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Three star Holiday Inn disguised as a five Star Sheraton. The staff are very good but it was let down by the breakfast which is of a low standard. Had a really good night's sleep which always counts for a lot. My room was appointed very nicely. If they could just improve the breakfast then this would be up there with the best places I have stayed at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Anubha_PeaceRunner,
Thank you for your review. We regret to learn if our cooked-to-order breakfast offerings were unsatisfactory. We certainly appreciate your comments and will continue to tweak our breakfast offerings to ensure the quality meets or exceeds guest expectations. Though our menu offers diverse breakfast options, the quality of our products should never be of question, so we greatly appreciate your feedback. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend for Otakon with a friend of mine. It was about a 15 minute walk away, not too bad and plenty of cheap places to get food to and from the Convention Center. It was very nice, exceptionally clean and the staff were very friendly. I was greeted with smiles and courteous greetings every time I walked through the lobby. I loved that I could check my luggage in before so I didn't have to worry about lugging my stuff around the convention center. The room was equipped with a coffee maker/microwave/mini-fridge/and an ironing board and hairdryer, all of which made it a very nice place to stay. The coffee was actually pretty good, mild-tasting but yummy. The ironing board wasn't a cheap mini one either, but a full sized, so it was nice to have to smooth out the wrinkles in my costume, but for anyone traveling with finicky clothes, it is a great thing to have. The beds were VERY soft, like melt in to the mattress soft, which I love, but may not be everyone's cup tea. There was an ihome to dock an ipod by the bed, which was nice to have. There were not temperature problems in the lobby or anywhere else that I noticed, as other people have complained about in their reviews. We never got to breakfast here, so I cannot comment on that, we were too busy running back and forth from the convention. The free wi-fi was also great to have available, and easy to log in to.

My only complaints were that there was never any cold water, lukewarm at best and after tramping all over the place I really just wanted a cold shower. Also, our room was right next to the elevator and we could here the ding every time it stopped at our floor, and in the bathroom we could here groaning pipes and people's voices. It wasn't too much of an inconvenience as really the worst of the noise was in the bathroom. The elevators only had trouble on the last day, and I had to wait 10 minutes to get one down (as there are well over 30 floors, and I was on the 31st... try to get a room closer to the bottom to avoid this OR try not to go when there are a lot of people in town). I suspect this is only the case because of the volume of people trying to get down, there were plenty of elevators, but it is a large hotel and with 20,000+ people crowding in to Baltimore for the convention, I can only imagine plenty were where we stayed. To avoid this, try not to go when there's a large event in town, or try and leave on a day when most others aren't like during the week as opposed to the weekend.

Otherwise it was very nice, and I would definitely come here again. I'm not as picky as some reviewers seem to be. My standards are not too expensive, CLEAN, and good customer service, and this place had all of that. I visited friends over at the Hilton and Sheraton whose rooms were frankly gross, stains on the carpets and walls, cracked bathroom tiles, and no free wi-fi to name a few drawbacks. I'd much rather stay at a place like this, even if it is a bit further from the inner harbor area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first few floors are best to avoid elevator hangups Rooms away from the elevator are q...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Elisabeth F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. We hope you had a great time at Otakon while you were in Baltimore. It gives us tremendous pleasure to read that our staff provided you with exceptional service from the get-go. We are also delighted to read that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, and plethora of up-to-date in-room amenities.

It is disheartending to read if there was a lack of cold water during your stay, but this will be immediately addressed with our Chief Engineer. Also, we regret to learn if the noise from the elevator and bathroom pipes caused any distraction and inconvenience during your stay. Please be aware that our elevators tend to slow down during peak hours at the hotel, when guests are trying to check-in and check-out of the hotel. As you know, during Otakon our hotel was fully occupied, so that did contribute to the elevator delay.

We are very excited to hear that you have selected us as your preferred hotel of choice when returning to Baltimore in the future. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Kind Regards,
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2013

free hot breakfast buffet w/ omelet station, close enough to walk to Camden Yards, M&T Stadium, and the harbor. would definitely stay again. the staff was very nice. I wasn't in the hotel for more than about 8 hours total, but everything went well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business