“Best Hotel Ever”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #36 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Tremont Plaza is a great hotel; it is classy and all inclusive. What I mean by all inclusive is that that patrons can do many things at the hotel itself. There are three food options: the deli, room service, or the restaurant, Tub's. All are great choices. The deli has many day to day food items as well as some other choices. It is very fresh. Tub's is pricey so I typically only eat there once, maybe twice. The hotel had not finished renovations so there is another food option or two. The hotel is walking distance to the Inner Harbor, if you don't mind walking (but it is not across the street). The staff is very helpful. You can actually get great deals by visiting the hotel's website instead of some of the discount websites that claim to give a better price. The beds are extremely soft. The hotel has a pool, a work out room, and a sauna. Take advantage of these amenities!

Room Tip: Go to hotel's website and look under packages. Book an extended stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear lynt604,
Thank you for your kind review! We are honored to receive such wonderful praises from your recent stay. Please be aware that we recently converted to become the new Embassy Suites Baltimore Downtown. Since the Plaza Deli and Tug's restaurant closed, our hotel now offers B'More Bistro and Starbucks coffee (coming soon). It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Embassy Suites was just ok to stay at. I feel they really talk their rooms up to be more than what they are.

I planned my stay at the Embassy Suites for my sister's bachelorette party (still Tremont Suites when I booked it) well over a month in advance. I selected my rooms to suit the number of girls I had attending and then prepaid for the rooms on my credit card using the hotel's online reservation site.

When my group got to the hotel, they said they had to give our rooms away and that there were no others like it available, but that they would upgrade us to King Suites. Here we thought we were getting a great deal so we didn't press the issue. Upon getting to our rooms we found that the sleeping arrangements were NOT going to work. They said we were getting a King sized bed, sleeper sofa, and could get roll-away beds if needed. Well there was a king, but their sleeper sofa was more the size of a love seat and certainly NOT big enough to fit two girls comfortably who had spent a lot of money to be down in Baltimore for the weekend. Needless to say we were getting a little pissed. After calling the front desk several times, we finally got a hold of someone and they tried telling us it had been booked through a third party, which it hadn't been, and so we had to go all the way down to the lobby again (we were on the 36th floor) to try to sort things out or find another hotel.

I told them that I didn't understand why they would give our rooms away when I specifically booked those and prepaid, and said "why is it that I can't back out of my prepayment and get a refund, but you can back out of our rooms." They then offered us a comp to come another time, and upon my request, I asked to use the comp for that weekend. So at least they fixed their mistake by comping both rooms for one night. But still, this should never have happened in the first place.

The other issue is that we were getting misinformed left and right that whole weekend about how the free shuttle buses ran, a taxis sort of affiliated, but not really with the hotel over charging us.

The one thing that made our stay great were two men that worked for the hotel as a bellman and Valet Supervisor. These gentleman were Aquil (whose last name I don't know) and Dhafer Sabre. They helped us out and took great care of us all weekend long! Aquil waited with us at least 10 minutes while we tried to get our room situation figured out (we finally told him to go b/c we didn't want to hold him up), and whenever we needed transportation, he made sure we got the rides that we needed. Dhafer was the one that told us we had been overcharged by the taxis that approach the hotel, and he was pissed that it kept happening. He apologized profusely, and then saw to it that we got a free ride down to dinner that night in the Inner Harbor. They were both soooooo helpful and so friendly, they totally made our weekend! They both deserve BIG raises!

Overall, despite the bull****, we had a really great weekend, but the hotel really needs to get their act together. In fact, the day we went to check out, the person that had been helping us with the refund wasn't there, and the manager at the time didn't know about it, so I had to go over the whole story with her and I am still waiting to hear from the hotel about getting my refund. But knowing how I am, I WILL get my refund.

Room Tip: The service was only very good thanks to the gentlemen I mentioned above. As far as rooms go, just...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear sr1nyc,
Thank you for your review. Allow us to apologize if we were not able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. Our team did their best to explore all other options to honor your room request, but there were none available at that particular time. Please accept our sincere apologies of the inconvenience this caused. It is a pleasure to learn that Aquil and Dhafer Sabre, and your kind praises will be shared with them. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back for a much improved stay in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

After having 3 Stressful days of business meetings, I found myself delighted to retreat to a friendly staff eager to make my stay plesent. Although the building was undergoing renovations, I found the staff to be polite and respectful of my experience. I was fortunate to have lunch/Dinner at the newly designed Bar. The Staff was very nice especially Leslie. She really was awesome! She even gave recommendations to local attractions. I will be staying there again!!

Dear Dell106,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you found the newly converted Embassy Suites Baltimore Downtown to be a welcoming retreat after three long days of business meetings. Your kind praises will be shared with Leslie, and she too will be grateful to hear them. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you will be returning to us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our recent stay was very pleasant from check in to check out. The staff members were really nice and helpful. FREE BREAKFAST & HAPPY HOUR was a big plus. Our room was nice, however, the elevator was way to slow for a hotel that was recently renovated. I would like to point out that Dhafer Sabre (the Valet Supervisor) was very kind to us and treated us like VIP.
The location was also a big plus...easy walk to the ball park and Inner Harbor!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcwpaw

Dear mcwpaw,
Thank you for your review. It gives us great pleasure to read that your recent stay was very pleasant. We are very happy to hear that our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception exceeded your expectations. Your kind praises will be shared with Dhafer Sabre, and he too will be very grateful to hear them. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel just converted a few weeks ago to Embassy Suites. Room was new and spacious - bathtub was new but water did not drain. No major complaints about the room. Elevator was another story as it was slow, and yesterday a group was stuck in the elevator. The elevator needs adjustment as it will not allow more than 6 guests in the elevator without unnecessarily sounding a warning, which could only be stopped if people got out of the elevator. Lobby is still under renovation as well as some of the floors. Dining area is spacious and brand new. Breakfast is the traditional Embassy Suites breakfast. Manager's reception in the evening features many choices of beer and wine. However, only chips, guacamole and cheese for munchies. Front desk personnel and bellman were very service oriented. This hotel is only an easy 10 minute walk to the Inner Harbor and 15 minute walk to the Orioles Camden Yard.

1  Thank kimokeo
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our spacious guest room and new bathroom amenities, but regret if the elevator caused any inconvenience during your stay. Please be aware that we are doing our absolute best to smooth out any kinks, as we begin to wrap up our renovation efforts. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel while on business trip and was very disappointed with quality of service and the overall experience. One elevator was tied up for construction purposes and that inconvenienced hotel patrons. More importantly, there was a foul smell in the lobby and in the breakfast area (level 2). Additionally, floor 18 is apparently a staff floor that is shockingly messy and filled with trays of dirty dishes; no elevator with hotel guests should ever be able to see that floor. Though the A/C worked well in my room on the 33rd floor, a number of colleagues reported very hot or very cold rooms. The breakfast area was not well-designed with back-ups of hotel guests not sure where to go formed by the toaster right near the entrance. In all this hotel is not up to the standards of Embassy Suites and it was disappointing that there was no sign of the General Manager trying to monitor and make things right for the hotel guests.

2  Thank mshookey

Dear mshookey,
Thank you for your review. It disappoints us to read that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience, and appreciate your honest feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. Thank you again for your feedback and hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Business Meeting for 200 Managers was held for 2 days after the first week after their transition to Embassy Suites. The venue is gorgeous and clean.. The Staff was fabulous. Everything was done as we planned. Rooms were ready and turned over on schedule. Staff was nice, helpful and accommodating. The meals were good. The rooms are clean and beautiful. We have already decided to hold our annual meeting there next year as well.

Dear dcroddy,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear about your wonderful experience at the newly converted Embassy Suites Baltimore Downtown. We pride ourselves on our staff's superior hospitality efforts, and glad you were able to experience this firsthand. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you will be returning to us again next year for your annual business meeting.