“Worst Super 8 I have ever stayed at!!!!!”

Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Scranton
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I wasn't there 5 mins and whacked my ankle off of the metal bed frame sticking out, but hidden by the comforter. I couldn't even walk for at least an hour and it was swollen for about 3 days. The day it happened was my bday and we were leaving on a cruise the next morning. The girl behind the desk told me in the morning "it looked better". I don;t know what she was looking at, obviously has no medical background. I, on the other hand, am a nurse. While bathing that night, I looked up and there was mold all over the ceiling and around the tub. That was my experience there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Shara S
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I stayed here in 2010 with my elderly father, I found the place pleasant and I recommended it to other friends and family when they traveled to the area. However, I will not do so again. I booked a room for an overnight stay during Memorial Day Weekend - 2013. The TV wouldn't come on, the remote was missing the back cover for the batteries and the room smelled awful. We had to have mangement fix the TV during check in and when we returned to the room. My significant other and I booked a smoking room (as I did before with Dad). As smokers, we were both offended by the smell of the room. It reeked. We immediately opened the windows, upon check-in) to air the room out, but found that we had to have management come up and spray the curtains and the floor, as well as the air in the room, and it still didn't help. We left the windows opened while we went out. On our return, 7 hours later, we found the room cold, but not sufficiently air out. It is evident that they do not clean those smoking rooms out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudiY812
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
Americas Best Value Inn
#49 of 66 in Baltimore
Mount Vernon
Midtown Inn
Midtown Inn
#53 of 66 in Baltimore

Been to Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area

Property: Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area
Address: 98 Stemmers Run Rd, Baltimore, MD 21221-3630
Location: United States > Maryland > Baltimore
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Hotel Baltimore