“room full of mice”

Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Middle River
Reviewed April 20, 2013

No refund under any circumstances is too rigid and does not promote good customer relations. Most reputable hotels allow you to cancel up to 3 or 4 PM on the day of the reservation for a full refund.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Keedysville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I checked in today for my week's stay, and the room was FILTHY! My 2 year old found a dead mouse in the room, and when I called the front desk I was offered a $22 refund from a $400 charge. I continued to ask for someone to clean the room, and was eventually moved to another room. Needless to say, the 2nd room was just a filthy as the first one! I found dirty clothes stuffed behind the headboard, cigarette butts in the ashtray, an unopened pack in the nightstand & the bathroom had mildew around the shower. I AGAIN called the front desk and was told that I can either take the room or leave the hotel. I called around and found another Super 8 a few miles away, so I checked out & relocated to the other hotel. It is as different as night & day!! This hotel (Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway area) is spotless, the staff is friendly and they even offered me a discount because they didn't want the Super 8 name tarnished by the other hotel! I will be writing a review for this hotel as soon as I finish writing this one!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
Americas Best Value Inn
#49 of 66 in Baltimore
Mount Vernon
Midtown Inn
Midtown Inn
#53 of 66 in Baltimore

Been to Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area

Property: Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area
Address: 98 Stemmers Run Rd, Baltimore, MD 21221-3630
Location: United States > Maryland > Baltimore
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Hotel Baltimore