“Good overnight stay”

Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area
Ranked #64 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had to make an unplanned stay - this was a really good find. Despite being on the street it's a quiet stay. Rooms are clean, internet is decent, and I had a good sleep (thread count not great on the sheets)

The seafood restaurant next door is AWESOME! If you stay there, don't pass it up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 9, 2012

my kids and i stayed in this hotel in a suite for a couple nights and i was very satisifed with the quality of this hotel. everyone was so friendly and really did everything they could to make are stay there more comfortable. very clean, friendly staff, had may great amenities, with very cumfortable beds. this hotel is great and i would suggest to any of my friends/co-workers to try out this hotel and expirence it for themself

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaylin B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husbamnd and I was in Baltimore visiting family because there wasnt any room at the house...Plus the hotel was so reasonable in price...We decided to stay, the place was very clean and had plenty of amenities..The office people was friendly anything we needed they supplied us with.The bed was comfortable.Had a great night sleep. I found out it is apet friendly place. Next time I will travel with my Yorkie..Not all hotels take pets...I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The king non smoking
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine D
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Well the rooms were over priced. The morning shift manager was very very disrespectful and rude. He wasnt nice not once to me or my family. He was ready to kick us out of the room at 11 on the dot! I was from out of visiting family and thought I had gotten my wallet stolen from a walmart nearby, so I cancelled all of my credit cards. I even called the police bc and he didnt even care what we had going on. He was just ready to kick us out. I will NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We got the big room with a king size bed and a fridge/microwave for the same price as the standard room, which was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, however the applicances (fridge, microwave and TV) are outdated. The fridge part worked but the freezer did not...so our ice cream bars turned to mush!This is a pet friendly hotel so we brought our cat, and he went nuts by the smell of the crabhouse next door! (the crabhouse has good food, by the way) The room was a good size so our cat was able to run around and play while we were away. The breakfast is very basic so do not rely on it for a full meal. You can go to Grab-a-Crab restaurant about a mile away for a full breakfast for a good price. There were no phones in the room (good thing we had cell phones) but this will be a heads-up for those who do not have cell phones.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kasage00
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I liked this hotel & will stay here again. I have stayed at Many hotels across the country from Ritz Carlton to Super 8. This hotel is very conveniently located. The beds are comfortable and the overall decor is good. The place is quite & safe. I liked the breakfast. The price is perfect & the service is good. Good for family & business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Don S
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I was trying to get a night away from 4 screaming kids and thanks to my husband, he suggested a hotel stay! I picked the first one closet to me and so upset I did! Walk into the room, turn the t.v. on and get nothing! Saw it was unplugged, so fixed that and then there's no cable! I had to go to the lobby and have them call the company, 30 mins later it was okay. Then, 2 hrs later, the cable shuts off! I call the lobby and I'm told it needs time to warm up! Wrong! You need to stop being lazy and make your customers happy! I want a refund, NOW!

• Stayed: March 2012