“There were pro's and con's.”

Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area
Ranked #59 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“There were pro's and con's.”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We got the big room with a king size bed and a fridge/microwave for the same price as the standard room, which was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, however the applicances (fridge, microwave and TV) are outdated. The fridge part worked but the freezer did not...so our ice cream bars turned to mush!This is a pet friendly hotel so we brought our cat, and he went nuts by the smell of the crabhouse next door! (the crabhouse has good food, by the way) The room was a good size so our cat was able to run around and play while we were away. The breakfast is very basic so do not rely on it for a full meal. You can go to Grab-a-Crab restaurant about a mile away for a full breakfast for a good price. There were no phones in the room (good thing we had cell phones) but this will be a heads-up for those who do not have cell phones.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kasage00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I liked this hotel & will stay here again. I have stayed at Many hotels across the country from Ritz Carlton to Super 8. This hotel is very conveniently located. The beds are comfortable and the overall decor is good. The place is quite & safe. I liked the breakfast. The price is perfect & the service is good. Good for family & business travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Don S
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I was trying to get a night away from 4 screaming kids and thanks to my husband, he suggested a hotel stay! I picked the first one closet to me and so upset I did! Walk into the room, turn the t.v. on and get nothing! Saw it was unplugged, so fixed that and then there's no cable! I had to go to the lobby and have them call the company, 30 mins later it was okay. Then, 2 hrs later, the cable shuts off! I call the lobby and I'm told it needs time to warm up! Wrong! You need to stop being lazy and make your customers happy! I want a refund, NOW!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank CLanders31
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Don't stay here!!! Our family was getting together from all over the country for a family event in Baltimore. We had 5 rooms. Only one of our rooms got housekeeping services, when our cousin complained about the lack of it. She did ask that the other family members rooms be serviced as well--they were not! If I threw the dirty towels outside my door on the floor, later in the day, I would find some clean ones in a plastic bag outside the door. Otherwise, I had to grab a housekeeper in the hallway and ask for some. Seriously, no service at all. No vacuuming, no trash removal, no beds made up, no bathroom cleaned etc. for the 4 nights we were there. The breakfast was not worth trying. Sure, this place is inexpensive, and the manager sounds so nice on phone, but if you want to spend a few nights here, I would not. We would never go there again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Towanda, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I couldn't beat the price. The people there, from the front desk to the maids were so nice and helpful. I can't see paying $100. a night to sleep. There was a hair dryer, microwave, fridge, safe, flat screen TV, coffee pot, continental breakfast, ice maker in the lobby and washing machine/dryer. They did run out of soda in the machine. Other than that, The room was Clean, The bed was so Comfortable, we stayed 2 nights and all 3 of us were impressed with the price and room.
If I were to complain about anything, it would be the inconsiderate people coming in and going out slamming their doors!!! Not so nice at midnight!
But, Overall this motel was great and very inexpensive!
There is also a Dunkin Donut across the highway at the light (easy in and out). And a seafood Restaurant next door.
We will go back the next time we're in Baltimore........if the price stays reasonable!
If you are looking for pools and spas and brand new furniture and building, Don't go. If you are like me and hate to spend $100.00 or more a night in a room you only sleep and shower in, I think it was a Great deal!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeannie V
Allentown,PA
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Only stayed one night, thank goodness. My husband and I were given a room just down the hall from the lobby, big mistake. If I hadn't been so tired from driving I problably would have objected, and I wish I had. Off and on all night we were woken up by people who were checking in. The openess and tile flooring allows for the sound to travel right down the floor. Then around 3:30 am or so, this woman is carrying on a conversation in a very loud voice. After putting up with it for 45 mins I finally called out to the front desk to request that they please ask whoever was in the hallway to please lower their voices. As I am listening to the phone ring, I hear the loud mouth woman say "oh is that my phone?" Yes, sweety it was. And thought I knew it had to be the front desk employee I was still polite and acted like I didn't know it was her. Funny how the talking just suddenly stopped after that. The room was just ok. The carpet could have used a really could vaccum, and the picture with the very broken glass should have been removed, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.
Breakfast was as expected for an inexpensive hotel,only cold cereal, plain bread, small sweet rolls, milk, coffee. So in a pinch stay here but diffently stay off the first floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The room was clean, with a microwave and frig. The staff was wonderful. The free breakfast was modest, but was just enough for me. Hot and cold cereal, bagels and cream cheese fit my appetite. The bonus of staying here is the fantastic restaurant, Al's Seafood, right out front. The crab cakes are authentic Maryland style. I appreciated that the unseemly stations on the tv were blocked for family viewing. I don't quite understand the previous rating. I'm coming back again next time in Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Blessedofhim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
Americas Best Value Inn
Downtown
Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
#56 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Super 8 Baltimore/Essex Area? Share your experiences!