“Tasty Ethnic Food and great service”
Review of Peju's Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peju's Kitchen
Ranked #1,116 of 2,195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband wanted African food and after a quick google search, I found Peju's. We looked at their webside (very nice) and called before going there on Memorial Day (May 30, 2011). It was almost 100 degrees outside and I was so happy they had the A/C blasting. The place is beautifully decorated (and did not look like the typical Caribbean/African joint). The only downside about Peju's is that it is in a shopping center that does not get a lot of traffic.

The lady behind the counter was EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. I am very picky (especially about ethnic food). She answered all my questions and even gave me a sample before I ordered. I ended up getting a combination platter with one piece of beef/one piece of curry chicken and jollof/fried rice. (Jollof rice is a tomato and tomato paste based rice). The beef was DELISH and the sauce/stew was perfectly seasoned. The curry chicken was just okay. I felt it should have been chopped up or saucy to be really be curry. My husband ordered the beef. Both dishes came with fried plantains. We both ordered the small plate. The portion was very generous and my husband finished all of his food and he ate what I could not finish.

I would like to go back for the live bands they have on the weekend. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank jojoearth