“The soup is oh so good - and great vegetarian options”
Review of Atwater's

Atwater's
Ranked #236 of 2,035 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Baltimore, MD
“The soup is oh so good - and great vegetarian options”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Before Atwaters, I never really bought soup at a restaurant. They have changed my habits and I am very thankful for that. I have been going to the Belvedere Square location for years now and the soup never disappoints. They always offer 2 vegetarian options (I generally find the creamy one to be best). Their brownies are also really rich and filling. At the Catonsville location, they have delicious and humongous cupcakes that I find irresisitible.

Visited December 2012

Wilmington, Delaware
“Interesting locale and good food.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Atwater's is in the Belvedere market, a small upscale farm market in northern Baltimore. Their menu is mainly soups, salads and sandwiches. Servings are not large. The menu items are healthy and not your usual combinations. You can also build your own sandwiches. I had an avocado sandwich on a heated brioche which was small but tasty. My husband's roast beef sandwich was good but the roll was dry.
They also have a small bakery section with delicious selections.
Everything there is healthy and organic, so don't expect a diet coke (or a regular one either).

• Visited December 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“cute place with tasty food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tucked away on Falls road in baltimore is a gem of a place for breakfast, and lunch. Great hearty healthy breakfasts good coffeee and outdoor seating. Lunh menu is great with salads and soups (their speciality) abound. Price is affordable. Waitstaff very friendly but changes often.

• Visited October 2012
Towson, MD
“Excellent soup and bread”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

that is all I have eaten there (4 times).
A little pricer for me for lunch.
Clientele seems to be 80 percent women.
Not good or bad - just saying.

Visited July 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Atwater's on Falls rd”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Food was good.

Service just plain sucks. A friend and I went in for lunch and asked for menus before we sat down. Twenty minutes later a waitress came over with two menus and said, "So did you want to look at menus?" Uh, yeah...

Water was refilled plenty of times, which was great. Food service was prompt, albeit disjointed. One lunch order came out while we were still eating our soup, then the next lunch order (salad) came out 10 minutes after that. I always thought the goal was to serve entrees together?

Finally, a check was never brought to us. We watched the tables around us receive theirs, but we did not. Finally, after the restaurant hours were up, we walked to the cash register to pay and explained that our check never came. We were met with a gruff reply that the restaurant had closed "two minutes ago."

Doubt I'll go back to this location. I don't like to pay for lousy service.

• Visited August 2012