“Fantastic hotel. Would recommend to all my friends. Staff...”
Review of Hotel Revival

Hotel Revival
Ranked #40 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Fantastic hotel. Would recommend to all my friends. Staff was excellent, room was clean and beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed this past weekend for my niece's wedding. My wife paid extra to upgrade to a room with a king size bed. Luckily we got a room on the 10th floor with a decent view. Others in our group complained of bleak poor views on lower floors. The room was fairly clean to start although a coffee service was not completely removed after the first night. There were only exactly enough towels which precluded a second shower.

Parking in Baltimore is a horror. We received a $77.00 parking ticket when we inadvertently parked in a poorly marked bus stop after driving around for 1/2 hour trying to make rehearsal dinner. On returning to hotel decided to pay the $29.99 for 2 nights. There is a parking lot about 100 feet down the street and we assumed that is where the car would be parked. This is not so. It turns out the car is parked in a garage 3 blocks away and even if they were to get it immediately there are several traffic lights which take a long time to turn.

When we handed in the car we were told to give 15 minutes advance notice to get car. The next morning I called 20 minutes before we needed the car. We were intending to go to the Inner Harbor and take a water taxi to Fells Point for lunch and then too Fort McHenry historical site of our national anthem. When we got to the lobby and asked for our car The valet said that someone was getting it now. After a total of 45 minutes waiting, our car was finally given to us. Due to the delay we only had time for lunch and never got to Fort McHenry due to the lack of time.

The other issue relating to wasted time has to do with the elevator situation at the Peabody Court Hotel. First of all, the elevators are very small. The other problem is you must use your room key to gain access to the upper floors. I realize this is probably a valid security issue. However, whenever you inserted your room key card it took multiple attempts to accept the card and turn the light green for you to access the floor you wish to go to. While having our post wedding morning brunch hosted by my brother I needed to return to my room 2 floors below to get a cable to transfer some picture files to other people's computers. By the time I finally got the card access device to turn green we had already passed my floor. The elevator then made several stops picking up people going down. After hitting the lobby and more people getting on, it made several stops going up. It only took 1 minute for me to get the cable from my room, but getting back in the elevator again instead of going up to 12 I went all the way down, again with several stops, and finally several stops on the way back up to the 12th floor. In total a two minute exercise to get a cable turned in to 20 minutes riding the elevator. After this I thought of the song about Charlie asking, did he ever return no he never returned and his fate is still unlearned.

The general manager was unapologetic when informed of the above.

1  Thank Marty M
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Reviewed April 30, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The hotel appears to be renovated, nevertheless, it is an old building. The pluses are a great location across the street from the Walters Art Museum, walking distance to good restaurants, away from the touristy inner harbour. We were four old friends celebrating birthdays and the staff was warmly welcoming, helpful with rooms and even provided complimentary glasses of wine. The rooms and beds were comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was disappointed with my hotel choice for a few reasons. First, I’ll start with check and the room itself. I had requested an early check in at 3:00 (check in is at 4:00). We arrived at 3:30 and our room wasn’t ready. We were told it would be 4:30. We made the best of it and went and grabbed a drink. When returning to check in at 4:30 I was then told there was only a queen available when I had requested a double. We had to settle for that with a rollaway bed. Once again we made the best of it. The rollaway bed was awful! The mattress sunk in the middle. We put it on the floor as my nephew didn’t want to feel springs in his back.

Onto the room, it was SMALL, old, cramped, loud. The queen bed was okay with ample pillows. The room had an updated TV and a wet bar area with a coffee pot and mini fridge. The bathroom was quite big and unexpected. After seeing the room I was surprised to see a bathroom so large. The bathroom had large counter space and the shower had awesome pressure and was very hot! The shower was the best part of the room.

I had called the hotel before I checked in to verify that they provided blow dryers. They confirmed that they did. Our room was missing a blow dryer. I had requested one the night I checked in and I was told that they could not supply me with one as they were sold out. I was promised one Sunday morning. They still couldn’t supply on Sunday morning, and I was promised that I would have one later that day. After spending the day out and returning Sunday night there was still no blow dryer. To me this is just basic customer service.

Another problem with this hotel were the elevators, there were two very small and old elevators. Don’t expect to be down to the lobby quickly when staying here.
We also had a problem with valet. I was told to call 15 minutes before we needed our car. Early Sunday morning I called 20 minutes before we needed our car. We had to wait an additional 15 minutes for our car to arrive and then we were rudely reminded that we should have called beforehand.

The location was okay. We walked to Camden & Inner Harbor. We cabbed back at night. I felt safe in this area and I had no problems while walking around.
The hotels clerks at the front desk that I spoke and dealt with were all nice and polite. I realize that most of what I encountered wasn’t because of the clerks.

I realize this is an older property and usually I'm a fan of hotels with history, character and charm but this hotel had none of the above. I think with some updating that this hotel would have some potential.

I travel frequently and I think that I’m fairly easy to please. Almost all of my reviews are positive. I feel like this is a fair review of this hotel. I would not stay here again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The dark grey grim elevators need a new paint color and mirrors inserted in the panels. The ID system for the elevator is annoying and frustrating. Having been to hotels all over the world, I have never been entangled in a security system like this one. What about CCTV in the elevators. The lobby area around the front desk is too dark and a more aesthetic lighting system plus flowers would help. The huge debilitated white tree trunks serve no purpose and thus look ridiculous. They didn't work in the library seating area and they don't work at the front desk. The entire hotel needs a revitalized color scheme and rearrangement of lobby furniture, plus better more attractive lighting.