Hotel Revival
Midtown Inn(Baltimore)
Hotel Brexton(Baltimore)
The Ivy Hotel(Baltimore)
View Hotel
All reviewspeabody conservatorypeabody institutefront desk staffacross the streetmtvernonparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was disappointed with my hotel choice for a few reasons. First, I’ll start with check and the room itself. I had requested an early check in at 3:00 (check in is at 4:00). We arrived at 3:30 and our room wasn’t ready. We were told it would be 4:30. We made the best of it and went and grabbed a drink. When returning to check in at 4:30 I was then told there was only a queen available when I had requested a double. We had to settle for that with a rollaway bed. Once again we made the best of it. The rollaway bed was awful! The mattress sunk in the middle. We put it on the floor as my nephew didn’t want to feel springs in his back.

Onto the room, it was SMALL, old, cramped, loud. The queen bed was okay with ample pillows. The room had an updated TV and a wet bar area with a coffee pot and mini fridge. The bathroom was quite big and unexpected. After seeing the room I was surprised to see a bathroom so large. The bathroom had large counter space and the shower had awesome pressure and was very hot! The shower was the best part of the room.

I had called the hotel before I checked in to verify that they provided blow dryers. They confirmed that they did. Our room was missing a blow dryer. I had requested one the night I checked in and I was told that they could not supply me with one as they were sold out. I was promised one Sunday morning. They still couldn’t supply on Sunday morning, and I was promised that I would have one later that day. After spending the day out and returning Sunday night there was still no blow dryer. To me this is just basic customer service.

Another problem with this hotel were the elevators, there were two very small and old elevators. Don’t expect to be down to the lobby quickly when staying here.
We also had a problem with valet. I was told to call 15 minutes before we needed our car. Early Sunday morning I called 20 minutes before we needed our car. We had to wait an additional 15 minutes for our car to arrive and then we were rudely reminded that we should have called beforehand.

The location was okay. We walked to Camden & Inner Harbor. We cabbed back at night. I felt safe in this area and I had no problems while walking around.
The hotels clerks at the front desk that I spoke and dealt with were all nice and polite. I realize that most of what I encountered wasn’t because of the clerks.

I realize this is an older property and usually I'm a fan of hotels with history, character and charm but this hotel had none of the above. I think with some updating that this hotel would have some potential.

I travel frequently and I think that I’m fairly easy to please. Almost all of my reviews are positive. I feel like this is a fair review of this hotel. I would not stay here again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The dark grey grim elevators need a new paint color and mirrors inserted in the panels. The ID system for the elevator is annoying and frustrating. Having been to hotels all over the world, I have never been entangled in a security system like this one. What about CCTV in the elevators. The lobby area around the front desk is too dark and a more aesthetic lighting system plus flowers would help. The huge debilitated white tree trunks serve no purpose and thus look ridiculous. They didn't work in the library seating area and they don't work at the front desk. The entire hotel needs a revitalized color scheme and rearrangement of lobby furniture, plus better more attractive lighting.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I found the staff at this hotel to be warm, friendly and helpful, so I really hate having to post a negative review. My negative impressions began on entering the hotel. The lobby is shallow and somewhat shabby, with steps leading down to the small checkin area. The decor and fittings throughout the hotel feel old and dated. The room was large, but the furniture was chipped. Given the recent updates to beds made by big hotel chains, I found the bed in the room to be sagging and uncomfortable. Finally, the real killer was that I returned to my room after the first full day and found that the room had not been serviced. Although the front desk apologized profusely, the damage had been done - the thing that mattered most was that the supplies (including coffee) were not replenished. This has never happened to me before in all my years of traveling.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We ended up at the Wyndham after a disastrous night at the Mount Vernon Hotel around the corner. What a difference!

The hotel evokes the old charm charm of an era gone by with its beautiful Renaissance Revival facade. The rooms are very clean and extremely spacious, with all the amenities you would expect from a nice hotel. There even was a towel warmer in the bathroom!

The kingsize bed was very comfortable, sheets and bedding crisp and clean (something we definitely came to appreciate after the previous night).

The only drawback was the fact that most rooms apparently connect with the adjoining rooms, having a door on either side. Luckily, we had quiet neighbors and we were able to enjoy a restful night of sleep.

We did not have any contact with any of the staff since we only stayed one night, but the lady at the front desk was very professional and friendly.

We will definitely keep this hotel in mind for our future trips to Baltimore, since it is close to the Peabody Institute and a great value for the money!

Room Tip: Ask about a room without connecting doors.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I chose the Wyndham initially because of price, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The location is surrounded by beautiful architecture as well as the hotel itself has old world beauty and charm. The rooms were very high quality for the price, large in space, towel warmers in the bathroom, and again full of charm. The staff was amazing from the door man to Debbie at the front desk. Very helpful and friendly! I would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business