“Just an "ok" stay”

Ranked #38 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Clifton, New Jersey
“Just an "ok" stay”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed overnight with my family.

If you are have stroller or wheelchair, this hotel is not for you. The front desk is located downstairs and there is no ramp.

I booked our room thru hotwire.com. The room we received was smaller than the others in the hotel and did not fit our needs (traveling with infant). When I asked at the front desk if I could upgrade my room (was willing to pay), I was told that since I booked thru hotwire that I would have to pay the regular room rate.

Our internet connection did not work, the phone did not work, there was a butter knife on the floor by the side of the bed and power strips all over the room. I asked the front desk for restaurant recommendations and basically the only recommendation was the restaurant located in the hotel.

Definitely not a family friendly hotel, will not be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Guintana
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Good Afternoon! I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that were caused during your stay. I understand that hotwire.com is a blind booking tool until you actually reserve a room and under prior management direction, third party reservations were not to be altered. However, under our new management team we have educated our employees in knowing how to better accommodate guest requests when reservations are booked through a third party. We do hope to have the opportunity to host you here in the future!! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The overall appearance of the hotel was excellent. I came here to take my son to the baseball game. The staff was very good and friendly. The valet was very nice and polite excellent job guys, keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words:) We appreciate your support and hope to have you back here with us again soon! Have a great day!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a historic part of Baltimore. The rooms are comfortable and the front desk staff (Shawn) was awesome and provided me with an upgraded room since we drove 10 hours for a college visit for our son.

We loved being able to walk around the historic district and see all the churches and sites. Enjoyed the cocktails at Georges!

I would definitely stay there again. Valet parking at $30.00 was a bit steep, but we felt safe with the vehicle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacy H
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest! We hope the College Visits went well:) We hope to have you back here with us again soon! Have a great day!
North Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I came here for one night for a wedding that was across the street at the Engineer's club. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. I valeted my car for one night and it is pricey at $29. The people working at the valet were so nice and always asking if I needed help or directions. The rooms are very clean and the hotel overall is gorgeous! I ate lunch at the restaurant and it was very good, try the crab dip! If in Baltimore again, I would definitely stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ens982
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review!!! We hope you had a great time at the Wedding and we hope to have the opportunity to host you here with us again:) Have a great day!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Near the Walter museum is a nice place to stay because of the location. Old but well mantained. Room was OK. They have valet parking that cost $29.00 per day. Restaurant has specials every nigth but the food is average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Myriam Y
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Good Morning! Thank you so much for leaving us a review!! We hope to have you back here with us again soon:) Have a great day!
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. Parking is an issue, because it is located downtown. The service was efficient, but not friendly and not too many smiles.
No pool. The hotel is gorgeous, and clean.
But not the best choice with children (no pool, no playgrounds nearby).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest! I apologize if you had any concerns with parking! We do offer Valet Parking right in front of the hotel and have our own secured garage in which cars are parked for our guests so, I am curious as to how parking was an issue for you! Please let me know:) Mt. Vernon Square is a beautiful park located right across the street with plush grass and fountains which could be a nice option to wander around with kids! We hope to have the opportunity to host you here with us again!
Kendall Park, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the Wyndham Peabody at 612 Cathedral Street, in Baltimore, MD. We went to attend a convention on the same street at the Symphony Orchestra.. Initially I tried to book for two nights and the rate was $119 plus. But my friend had a rate of $ 69 plus. When I verified with my friend, he said he had booked for 3 days and got the lower rate. The room was slightly smaller and had only a full size bed. It was clean & comfortable. The bath room was clean and had marble flooring and walls. There is a door between the wash basin and the shower room. There is no self parking available. It is only street parking or public garages not so close. The overnight parking is only through the hotel valets, and is expensive. $29 + about $ 6 in taxes. They have only a small dining room. We only had breakfast and they did not have much choices. If you are eating outside and find street parking after 7:00 PM, it is good choice. This is in the down town area of Baltimore and hence the parking problem. There is a museum parking lot next to the building and it costs only $10 for maximum. But the attendants leave by 8:00 PM. So if you check in early you can use this facility

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank skrajan
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Good Afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I apologize for any rate discrepancy that you came across between you and your friend. It sounds to me like your friend took advantage of our "Advanced Purchase Rate." We do offer a deeper discount (based on availability) when you book a reservation as "Advanced Purchase" however, this option does not allow you to cancel your reservation or receive a refund for a cancellation! Please take advantage of this next time if you are able!! We would love to have you back here with us:) Have a great day!