“Great Reception, VERY Large Room”
Review of Hotel Revival

Hotel Revival
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
denver, co
“Great Reception, VERY Large Room”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Shaun (was that his name?) at reception made a great first impression. He looked up my Wyndham number for me, got me checked in quickly, and made me feel welcomed.

I used their website, and for a mere $6 more than the least expensive 2 bed room, I upgraded to a suite. The kitchen was convenient, living room w/TV was great for hosting guests, and bed room area w/TV was still large (but not completely separated from the living room). The bathroom had a heated towel rack and the dated looking jacuzzi tub may have been nice.

I'd typically rather be closer to the harbor, but I was going to an even nearby so the hotel worked out perfectly. I was also able to walk from the Amtrak station in a little over 10 minutes. Finally, Charles St nearby had a great selection of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review:) We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!!! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
southern US
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Nice location within walking distance of Walters Art Museum and good restaurants. Room itself was spacious and quiet, but housekeeping was lax. Never got additional cups or tea bags despite asking for two days. Housekeeper's large full garbage bag was left open in public hall for 24 hours. Kind of gross. And plumbing was very hard to control. Water in shower and sink was scalding despite how cool we set it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!! We appreciate the comments and I will personally follow up in regards to our Housekeeping Service! We have taken additional measures to educate our staff but there is always room for improvement:) Have a great day!! We hope to see you soon!!
San Francisco
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a historic part of Baltimore. The rooms are comfortable and the front desk staff could not be more helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much:) We look forward to having you back here with us!! Have a great day!!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I spent two nights at the Wyndham Peabody while in Baltimore for a conference. The location was perfect for me as Baltimore School of Law (conference location) is a relatively short walk.
I was in a "Two Double Beds B Standard" Room. It had a separate kitchenette (microwave, fridge and sink), a table with four chairs, couch, comfortable chair and two double beds as well as two televisions and two large closets. The rate was roughly $10 more than for a some other standard rooms and the extra space was nice.
I concur with the other reviewers who note that the hotel is in need of some updates. The furniture in my room didn't match (and not in a good way). The two beds in my room were completely different (one taller and more comfortable than the other). The bath is marble, the tub has jets and there is a towel warmer. While not unclean, the bathroom in particular just looked tired and dated. Other reviewers have complained about water pressure and temperature, but I had no complaints about either. The room had an in room safe, but it operated with a key (and not an electronic lock). I could not get my key out of the lock and opted to just carry valuables with me rather than calling for assistance.
Another reviewer also complained about the lack of an independent air/heater unit. While it is true that there was not an individual wall unit, I did have a thermostat in my room that worked. I do not know if this is true of all rooms (I can speak only for rooms 610).
The room had free wifi. I was given a card with login information at check in. Unfortunately, the information was incorrect, but the helpdesk (contacted via an 800 number) was able to talk me through getting access.
With all of this said, I would definitely stay here again. It's perfectly nice, but just not really plush. The staff was helpful.
One additional item of note is that taxis are not that easy to get and we found that we needed to call about 10 minutes ahead to avoid waiting.

Room Tip: "Two Double Beds B Standard" Rooms are very large and worth the nominal additional rate.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LydiaClaire
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Morning! We hope that you enjoyed your conference at the Baltimore School of Law and hope that you will stay with us for the next one:) We appreciate your feedback and want to ensure you that since our new Management Team has taken effect there have been multiple upgrades to the hotel!! We are working everyday to ensure that our guest's comments are taken into consideration so that your experience is that much more enjoyable!! Thank you again and have a great day:)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We always stay at the Peabody Court when we go to Baltimore, because our musical profession takes us to the Peabody Institute just around the corner. We've seen this hotel go through many changes. We stayed again in a lovely room on the 11th floor. The trouble this time was that there was no warm water. I think there's not enough pressure to get it up that high! Impossible to wash hair and shower. We loved the large room and quiet ambiance, however. The dining room is slow, and this time created a chicken dish that was overcooked and too spicy. Couldn't eat it. But the next morning I had the best egg omelet I have ever eaten in the same hotel restaurant. Just barely made the taxi, but the driver, called by the hotel, was the best driver I'd ever had to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask if there's hot water in the rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AriaProf
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Morning!! We love to hear that we have guests from the Peabody Institute!! It is one of our favorite places to visit, right down the street!! We sure have gone through quite a few changes in the past couple of years through our Wyndham Branding and a bit more recently however, we always make them with the guest in mind and we hope that they are for the better!! Better for you:) We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Whitehouse Station
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Everything about this hotel is great aside from the beds. Didn't sleep well on them at all. The restaurant and bar are nice and bring in a good happy hour crowd. It's not far from anything. Lovely neighborhood. Hated to have to use valet service, but oh well...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Morning!! I am sorry to hear that you did not have a goodnight's sleep!! Good news is that we have been going through our rooms and updating our bedding!! I hope that you can come back and try a new one soon:)
upstate NY
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel is a real museum piece, and it feels like an elegant time machine trip. The location is in the center of Baltimore, close to the Walters Gallery, Peabody Conservatory, Opera House, and a few blocks from Maryland Institute College of Art. So, it's quiet and residential at night, and sedate. The area looks like it was a high-class residential address one hundred years ago, and to some extent still is.

The street it's on was closed for a construction project, and the hotel parking was valet only. Self-parking involved complicated instructions to parking lots so we opted for street parking. A friendly doorman told us that the parking police begin their day at 8 AM, and you've got until 9 AM to move your car. A great suggestion, which we tipped him for!

The lobby is miniscule, and there are some stairs to navigate, but it's very pretty, with a lot of wood moldings. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, and very cozily decorated. There was a minibar in built-in cabinetry, big closet, upholstered side-chair with hassock, desk with chair, and marble bathroom with heated towel bar. Our two windows looked out on nearby apartments, and a view of Baltimore towards the north.

Everything functioned well, and our needs were comfortably met. The room and bath were clean, the bed was comfortable, wifi worked fine, and we had a quiet night. We chose to find breakfast off-site, but finding a good breakfast in that area proved to be a challenge. Perhaps we would have been wise to check out the hotel food offerings.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TeresaupstateNY
Michael D, Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Morning!! Thank you so much for your review!! We certainly love the area we are in, rich with History and Culture; We are glad you enjoyed it as well!! Please do come back and see us again soon:) Have a great day!!