“Good stay, friendly working staff.”

Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I had a long stay at this hotel due to my house being renovated. They have outstanding Customer Service. I get service every day from the housekeeping staff which isn’t usual when you stay more that 4 days. When the housekeepers are through, my room is very clean. It is great being so close to downtown, but I don’t pay downtown prices. Good breakfast. Thanks to the staff for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards

Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at the Quality Inn Harbor South in Baltimore for one night and the experience was extremely horrible. I have 2 young children so I always book non-smoking rooms to minimize any exposure to third-hand smoke. The first "non-smoking" room we were given smelled like an ashtray. I got them to exchange for a second which also smelled like an ashtray. The third time I asked them to change my room they got frustrated and told me that was the last room they had. It also had a hint of smoke smell but better than the first two so we relented.

High speed internet would not connect and when it finally connected after 3 hrs, the connection was running at dial-up speed.

Throughout the entire night, there were people talking and laughing loudly in the parking lot. Some of them were also making donuts with their cars as well. The music from the club across the street was so loud that the window in the room vibrate with the bass sound. For obvious reason, the clerk did nothing to stop those excessive noise. I felt very unsafe being in that inn.

When we got to the breakfast area at around 8am, they were out of almost everything. The guy who was making to waffle mix said they ran out of waffle mix...at 8am!!! but there were only one couple at the breakfast area.

All in all, I would NEVER stay at this place again even if they offer it for free. This inn gives Quality Inn a bad rep...avoid this place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HipHipHop
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My husband and I were in Baltimore for the Marathon and stayed 2 nights. This hotel was very well priced and so, guess you get what you pay for. Very old, exterior entrance to rooms. The bathroom was ancient and had THE most annoying combination ceiling fan/light. The thing rattled constantly and the bulb in that light could not have been more than 40 watt. The bed, however, was very comfortable, definitely a newer mattress. We left very early on Saturday, around 6:30 am and did not return until about 1:30.....the maids never came to clean. Not too good. So, we just got some clean towels from a cart and called it a day. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you're just looking for value. The rate was about $70, which is a good rate anywhere. And, of course, all hotels in the Choice line have the free breakfast, basic, but still good. And, since I earn Choice points with each stay, I'm willing to put up with fewer amenities sometimes in order to earn free nights in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This is not a very clean hotel. I have stayed in other Quality Inn's that were a lot nicer and cleaner. The first day we checked in, we noticed three huge bugs on the wall. After killing them we found no more the rest of the stay. The bathroom was dirty with hair and urine stains on floor. The room itself was a little shabby, although it looks like it was just repainted. The door to our room would not shut all the way unless you put force into it. The breakfast was disappointing. Both mornings, the coffee maker was broken. The juice machine only had cranberry juice, because OJ and Apple were broken. The selection of muffins and donuts was very minimal. The only good thing was the Belgian Waffles. Just avoid this hotel, unless you want a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank CJ_Ytown
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My girlfriend and I went to Baltimore to see the Yankees play the Orioles with another couple and needed a place to stay for the night. Since we would be out all day and leave early the next morning, we didn't need or want anything fancy. Check-in was a breeze, very quick and efficient. The front desk staff was friendly. Upon arriving to our room, I noticed the door had definitely been broken into before, as other reviews have mentioned, but it still latched and locked properly. We had a non-smoking room that smelled of cigarette smoke, but wasn't so bad that we couldn't stay there. The room was small, but clean and comfortable and the A/C worked GREAT! The outside corridors are a drag, as it allows anyone (including the drunk guy that knocked repeatedly at 2:30 AM) access to your room. However, overall it's not the worst place you could stay and the bed is a comfortable place to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Really, what is the point of them besides...you know what? How can any guest feel safe with doors that are acessible from the streets without anyone having to pass thru a front desk area. Do not choose this hotel or similar one if you have loved ones with you as they offer no sense of security. I book this place by mistake and did not understand what exterior corridors meant but now i do...and will never book this kind of hotel again.

The first room given to us was locked from the inside...with the latch closed but there was nobody in there!!! We had to walk all the way back to the front desk...thru the exterior corridors in the freezing weather..to get another key. Then we had to trek back to the room next to the first one. The room was clean but that was about it. We only needed a bed to sleep on so it served the purpose.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Simply put, this hotel is average. The location is alright, the room was comfortable and reasonably clean. If you can get a good price, it is a good value for the one night we stayed after an Orioles game. Staff was friendly and check-in/out were a breeze. The breakfast was good - waffles, danishes, toast, bagels, coffee, juice, etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple