“Ball game”

Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

What to say...horrible.. parking is aweful shared with a night club no iron still have big back TV's.. slight smell in room old carpet..one good point water pressure was nice...never again not recommended

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank fatreggie
SUNIL K, General Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Baltimore. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Where to start...the room smelled horrible as soon as I walked in I wanted to gag but after some air freshener it was fine....the blankets had burn holes and stains so thank god I had my own blanket...the house keepers are horrible! They blocked the stairs with their carts making it so you would have to squeeze through a tiny gap to get through...the one day I was here I had went to the store and when I came back I noticed housekeeping not only didn't do anything but put towels on the table but they left the room door open so anyone could have just walked in...then the next day housekeeping knocked on the door at 4pm I was getting ready to shower so I wasn't dressed and I yelled loudly to please hang on because I was trying to cover up not even 20 seconds later she was banging on the door again so I just wrapped a blanket around myself I opened the door to her socializing on her phone and not paying attention to what she was doing so I told her to just give me towels so I wouldn't have to deal with her and her attitude...there are a lot of drug addicts living at this hotel and they like to harass the other customers for money cigarettes and drugs....and as I am writing this at 2 in the morning all I can hear is screaming out in the parking lot which has been going on for 2 hours now and of course the front desk doesn't care....never again will I stay in this rat hole and I strongly advise against anyone else staying here...this place is very shady with a lot of shady people hanging around

• Stayed: February 2014
SUNIL K, General Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was expecting something better while paying $59 but this hotel was a BIG disappointment. Bad smell, Stains on bed sheets, Intense smell of alcohol. Service was good, staff was friendly but overall A BIG NO.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shawn B
SUNIL K, General Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was traveling from Virginia to Vegas, and the flight was taking off the Baltimore airport. It was an early flight so I decided to get a hotel room close to the airport so that it was less stress. After looking on line for hotels close to the airport and cheap, I decided to go with Motel 6. This hotel is aprox. 8 miles from the airport. I paid $57 for one night. The hotel is very easy to find.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a blonde and old-ish lady a the reception, who was quite nice and helpful. The check in was a breeze, but the rooms were a little difficult to find. If your room # is an odd number, you had to drive around the whole complex. It was weird. They offer free parking on the spot. The room seem nice and spacious, at a first look everything seem fine and even nicer than I thought...the heather was working perfectly which was great because it was very very cold. Although overall the room seem clean, and I did not see any bed bugs in the room, these were the things I did not like:

*Upon arrival they charge you an extra $3.00 fee for the room key!!! which you get refunded the next day at check out. WHAT?!?! I've travel all around this country and have stayed at several hotels and I had never heard of such thing!! it was pretty inconvenient!
* The toilet did not flush! it was working normally the night of my arrival but then the next morning it would not flush!
* I took a shower the night I arrived, and the floor in the tub was sticky...eww...I felt so disgusted, but I had not brought flip flops or anything so I just sucked up up.
* The shower had no water pressure! I hate showering in a shower with no water pressure!
* The land line phone at the room did not work!! I was trying to set up a "wake up call" from the phone in the room, and the phone had no tone!! I had to use my smart phone to google the hotel, get their phone #, call them from my cellphone, and ask the female at the reception to get someone to call me at 4 a.m. that was quite inconvenient.
* The people staying here that night were VERY LOUD! I don't know if this is a recurrent situation in this motel, but at least the night I stayed here, there were all sorts of loud noises, from people talking, to music, to loud car noises going on! it was hard for me to get some sleep! I was quite upset about it!. Around 2 a.m. someone's car alarm went off for a while, till it finally got stopped. Well guess what, that woke me up, and I could not get back to sleep after that! UGH! I was mortified!
* The room has no fridge and no microwave.
* Out of the 4 or 5 lamps in the room, only one worked!it's a good thing I was only at that place to crash for a few hours before I had to catch my flight, but I could not even do that, I could not even get a few hours of sleep because of all the noises going around in this place.

Overall I have stayed at plenty of motels, and I do not fuzz too much, because they are normally very cheap, and you get what you pay for, but the price for this motel was rather pricey for the poor value I got. Maybe they charge more since they are located so close to the airport and they know it'll be convenient for those of us traveling. In any case I don't think I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank POLLITOS2010
SUNIL K, General Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

4 of us stayed here for one before boarding a our Carnival Cruise. We had driven about 8 hours from Toronto Canada. It was near food and a liquor store (was a bit scary here). It was a good value for what we needed. We had a 2nd floor room near stairs and elevator. We drove to a nearby mall and spend just a few hours in the room. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
SUNIL K, General Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Baltimore. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a last minute trip for business and was the only hotel that was within a couple miles to my destination. The staff was great, but the hotel in general needs a lot of work both inside and out.
I only spent about 7 hours there so for the price and the time that I was there I though it was worth giving up some things. The beds were actually comfortable but the bath room was pretty disgusting could use a thorough cleaning. I would stay there again, but only as a quick layover.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SUNIL K, General Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Mr. John,

Sunil Kumar

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was there again for a Yankees Ball Game, tried to book hotels near the stadium, but could not afford them. So I booked at the Baltimore Motel 6, it is only 3 miles from the stadium, offers free parking. Short ride on the Light Rail to Camden Yards Stadium. Good stay for the price and convenience, clean comfortable rooms, they said they are planning to start updating the rooms in the fall. I will be back, I said, if the prices were kept low.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends