“Good Hotel for Business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
San Francisco, California
“Good Hotel for Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

Stayed here for a week on business and was very please. This Sheraton property is very clean, semi-trendy in design and has a Morton's Steakhouse in the lobby. Rooms were spacious and quiet and the hotel's location is in a good downtown location within walking distance to everything. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago with 2 kids and this time, we're back with 3 kids during spring break. I booked a double room and I asked for a rollaway bed when we checked in but it was never delivered. However, the room was so small that I wouldn't know where to put it so I didn't pester them about it. We put the 2 sofa chairs together to make a bed for our 4 year old and it was fine since he's small enough...it worked fine for only 2 nights.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It's across the street from Inner Harbor and we used the hotel's skywalk to get to the Harbor most days. There are several skywalks which will lead you to Inner Harbor, another hotel, and office buildings. When you have kids in tow, it's easier than crossing the busy streets. We bought the Inner Harbor pass via website and it includes tickets to the Aquarium, Science Center, Children's Museum, and Camden Yard Sports Museum. It was a good value since one day at the Aquarium is $24+ per person!

Plenty of restaurants to choose from and we did a little shopping at the Renaissance Hotel/Mall besides the Harbor. The so called "pool" at the hotel is very, very small. It's smaller than my home pool. It's more like an oversize spa. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was very polite and helpful. We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and the price wasn't too bad. We chose the buffet and the food was good. We self parked our car so it was a little cheaper. The rate is high but that is expected in a major city. I recommend this hotel if you don't mind the small room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Good location to the harbor and the convention center. I had reservations about booking this hotel after reading TA reviews, but the extra frequent stay points and location next door to the convention center were too enticing. Have spent over an hour trying to get on their wifi. Have spoken to a minimum of 5 different staff members at the hotel, and no one has an answer. They have recently switched providers and the staff know nothing about the new provider, and are not willing to take the time to either look at the system issue or listen to the customer. Finally resolved to speak to engineering manager. Because it's a Saturday, they will not have an engineering manager in until Monday. Fine room, nice view of the aquarium and harbor, but if you are planning on being productive in your room forget it. It's fine for leisure travelers, but probably too expensive for the average family. If they are targeting the business traveler, they have missed the target by a wide margin.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

Good location. Literally a short block and a half to the Inner Harbor. Staff incredibly friendly. Rooms comfortable and well appointed. I even think they have the heavenly beds. They are delicious. If you have ever slept in one, you know the difference. The linen too was upgraded, they were crisp, and fresh white clean. I was very surprised to find all this in a Sheraton.
Housekeeping did not do a great job cleaning my room. It was very dusty. Good thing I travel with clorox wipes. I choose to clean my room rather than ask to change it.
We only ate one meal in the coffee shop, breakfast. It was awful. The eggs and potatoes were horribly greasy. We could not eat it. I told the waiter but it fell on deaf ears.
I choose to use self park. It was literally just steps to the front lobby and I felt like my car was safe.
Public space was beautiful. They offer complimentary wi-fi in the lobby area and even supply the lap top if you forgot yours.
Overall it was a good experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, beginning with the staff on the front door. I was pleasantly surprised by the name Sheraton. I expected a lot less. I would stay here again. I recommend you try it too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

I visited Baltimore in 2009 and stayed in the Hyatt, which is the next hotel to the Sheraton and unlike the Sheraton has views of the waterfront. The views of the waterfront are the Hyatt's only bonus - the Sheraton is a far better hotel.

I stayed in the Sheraton for a conference. The conference and the hotel arrangements were professionally organised.

The rooms were standard US style with a comfortable king size bed, excellent bathroom, widescreen TV. I got a good night's sleep every night I stayed at the Sheraton.

The staff were very friendly and keen to assist wherever they could.

The food in the Oriels restaurant could do with improving. The breakfast buffet was not good with lots of fat and sugary fare and little in the way of fresh items. The al carte breakfasts were better. The lunches were typical US with large colourful portions with salt and sugar being the primary flavours. I found the food disappointing but I am not fond of US style food which for me is strong on portion size, presentation, fats and sugars but lacking in quality and taste.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

I stayed here for a convention this week. I had searched nd read many reviews and wasn't sure what I was getting into. First off let me tell you I am very picky so I was worried haven never been to baltimore or seen this place before. It was very nice,clean,updated,nicee beds, complimentary breakfast with starbucks coffee,very pleasant staff. You will not be let down..it was very very very very nice and also connected to the convention center and skywalk that connects to the city stores. 2 downfalls : 1 is tiny pool, 2nd $25 parking. Other than those 2 this place is Perfect just keep your eyes out for a good price, I paid 177 a night which I bet you could find cheaper! Good luck and don't waste your time searching hotels Stay here!

• Stayed March 2010
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

We wanted a hotel that was near the inner harbor to do the sights there. Due to a scheduling problem we changed our arrive from Friday night to Saturday. We drove from NJ early morning hoping to arrive to do sightseeing and check in late in the afternoon. As we neared the hotel, we called, only to find out that our room was ready and we could check in early. This worked out great, as we met Michael at the front desk. Not only was he very accomodating and helpful - he was even able to sell us tickets to the National Aquarium preventing us from having to wait in line.
From Michael, througout our entire stay, the staff was both friendly and very helpful.
It was a very nice stay, and we would go back there again. The location is great for all the area attractions.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family