“High Value”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
newark, delaware
“High Value”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Checkin was smooth, room was clean , high def TV, king bed was comfortable, had a semi harbor view. You have to walk about 2-3 blocks to the action of the Harbor, but considering how service at the Harbor has gone downhill, I wouldn't say that's the best reason to visit Baltimore if you are kid free anyway...considering the price relative to being in the harbor, the Inner Harbor Sheraton is fantastic.

Now the pool is more like an oversized Jacuzzi ( its very small ), the fitness room was average ( definitely better than the pool ).

A few insider tips....do breakfast at the Hyatt across the street, the atmoshere there is far better than Oriole Grille in the Sherton. Park 1-2 blocks opposite direction of Harbor, away from the hotel ( stay on Charles Street ), and you'll get a much better parking rate ( save about $10 / day ) .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank francoisdaman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel is just three short blocks, 5 minutes, from the Inner Harbor. Valet parking is available as well as self park. But the difference is just $8 a day ($20 versus $28) that the convenience is worth it. The room was spacious and well appointed. While we did not eat at the hotel, what with all the great restaurants in the area, we did look at the menus and found them very good and reasonably priced. Check-In and out were fast and convenient. The room was very quiet and the A/C was excellent, even if it wasn't that necessary. The prime factor for picking this hotel was closeness to the harbor and secondary was the price, which was under $125 due to a sale Sheraton was having. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester, NH
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband, who NEVER uses Trip Advisor booked this hotel for our weekend getaway trip. I, who ALWAYS use Trip Advisor was worried. I saw the reviews and was certain we were going to be forfeting our $200 and looking somewhere else to stay.

I was pleasantly surprised. This is a nice place. Yes, this hotel is not the Wynn Las Vegas with gilded marble floors and champagne fountains. So, if you're a high roller this hotel may be too low brow for you. My husband and I are not high rollers, but we do enjoy the good life and think this place is great.

Hotel Pros:

1. We were in room 1108. The room was clean, nicely equipped, and had absolutely fantastic views. The headboard was crooked. That's the only negative.

2. Outstanding staff. We checked in early, and our original room was not ready. Latoya at the front desk researched it and got us into a new room right away. She did this unsolicted - a high point.

3. We paid a special rate of $99 a night. I would say that our room and experience was worth $150 a night.

4. The location is fantastic. If you're not leaving Baltimore Inner Harbor, no need to rent a car. Enterprise right in hotel if you want to go somewhere.

5. The front desk staff was extremely attentive, helpful, and genuinely happy to help you. As were all the fellas at the front ready to open doors at a moment's notice. With a smile, at that.

Cons:

1. A little loud, if you happen to have youngsters using the stairwell next to your room to get to/fro their friends rooms after they've been drinking for 6 hours straight and need to shout at each other to be heard.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were initially excited when, upon check-in, we were upgraded to the Club Level. That feeling was short lived. The Club Level Lounge was not open on weekends. On Sunday, we left our room at 9:30 a.m. and returned at 7:30 p.m., and our room was not cleaned. From Sat to Tues, the ice machine on the floor did not work. There was no pad/paper to write on; had to use a coaster to leave the maid a note. On Monday morning, the Club Lounge was not open. The hotel was not sure if it would be open on Monday evening either. When we went to the front desk to express our frustration our stay and all these issues, the clerk barely apologized. He did call maid service to ensure our room got cleaned on Monday. As for his explanation about the Club Level, he said "Upgrades don't include the lounge, upgrades just give you a higher floor." Never heard of an upgrade not including the amenities. The only thing we got out of the upgrade was a longer ride up and down the elevator,

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mar4rose
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2009

During recent stay for a meeting that was being held at this hotel I found the property very run down. The worst of it is the hotel has a critter problem...Bugs and mice!

The meeting room had nats flying around, one of my co-workers had bugs in the carpet in his room. Another co-worker had to have her room moved because a mouse was in the room. No critters in my room but I was on the top floor. It seemed like the whole place needed a good scrubbing. Stay at the Hyatt, Intercontinental or new Hilton right by the ballpark instead. They are right in the same area

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BFLOMAN
Mountain Top, PA
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We had booked our stay at the Sheraton a couple months in advance. paying $177 a night for two nights. I was led to believe we were getting a view of Camden yards. Figuring it would be nice view for my 10 year old baseball loving son. Upon going to our room(532), and looking out the window, we observed the verizon building and the Hyatt hotel, no stadium view as advertised. Thinking it was a mistake, I went down to the front desk and inquired about the room. The lady at the desk, asked our room number, and then advised that we did have a room with a stadium view, but that we wouldn't be able to look into the park. Maybe she is paid to say that. Never again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2009

For the money I spent at this hotel I would not stay here again. When I booked the hotel I asked for a room with a great view of the harbor as this was a special event. They called the room a "harbor view" and if you did stand at the edge of the window and look all the way to the right you could see the harbor! They told me I would get a very good room and the room was located next to the ice room which you heard all night making ice and people going in and out of the room! When I booked the room I asked about parking and was told that they would include parking in the rate quoted, when I arrived I was told the rate was $32.00 for valet and they knew nothing about parking being included! When I inquired in the morning where I could get a newspaper I was told to walk 2 blocks to a store, now thats service! When asked if coffee was available I was told to go to the 2nd floor restaurant, when I got there the restaurant was not open yet, I guess they forgot to mention that part to me. Internet was not available in the rooms for free and when I tried to log on I was not able to, I went to the desk and was told that it was not part of the hotel, it was an outside company, with no additional help being offered? I was told I could use the computer in the lobby, not quite what I had in mind. The hotel is in a great location in the Inner Harbor and very close to Camden Yards, however with the amount of hotels in the area I would suggest trying a different one.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple