“Nice Hotel but Abhorent Breakfast”

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Hotel but Abhorent Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel itself was nice. The staff was friendly and the beds and rooms were nice but not exceptional. We had an issue with the bathroom, the toilet was turned off and the maintenance crew came up within 30 minutes and fixed everything very nicely.
Communications about the upcoming Grand Prix and the closings of the roads would have been very helpful and they were not up to par.
The breakfast we went to once though was beyond bad. The pastry "basket" was a small plate with what appeared to be vending machine quality items microwaved for some reason unknown to me.
I asked what was in the "basket" and the waitress did not know and was not friendly about it at all. She came back and had to ask again about something. The cheese Danish was like something from a package you would stay away from at the convenience store and perhaps the size of a sticky note. then hey, lets microwave it and create a mushy something. The mini-mini muffins were also inedible and microwaved. The tiny -tiny croissant was edible with butter and marmalade, sort of. I did not eat this "basket" of goodies but was certainly charged for it despite my discussion at the front desk.
My wife had some sort of awful imitation of an egg McMuffin. I will say my daughters yogurt fruit parfait was at least edible in appearance.
I would advise staying away from the breakfast as it appears most guests were wise enough to do because we were alone with one other couple in the breakfast area.
The food problem is a shame because otherwise the hotel was quite pleasant and well located and we had a nice view of the harbor area in both our rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Douglas, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is one of 3 hotels with a prime location if you are in Baltimore for an Oriole game and to visit the Inner Harbor. Friendly and helpful staff, with clean and well laid out rooms. The room was pricey, and so was the WIFI and parking - but that's the going rate in downtown Baltimore. My only complaint was the mattress was too "spongy". Although I'm a Yankee fan, Camden Yards is my favorite ballpark. I've been here 5 times I think, through some lean years mostly - and it's great to see the ballpark "jumping" again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

WE LOST MONEY SO MUCH MONEY. The staff at the Sheraton at the local and corporate level are TERRIBLE with electronic money. If you pay in cash instead of by card, you can avoid the incompetence, lack of integrity, and overdraft fees we suffered. Incompetence: The lady working at the check-out desk on Sunday August 11 2013 doesn't know how to read her company's invoices. She checked us out despite the charges being declined on our card (sometimes banks decline expenses made in other cities). Lack of integrity: My husband noticed that there weren't any withdrawals so he called the number on the invoice. The representative he spoke with used the phone call as "permission" to take money from my husband's bank account. The problem is that the representative panicked at this mistake, withdrew about $600 for our weekend stay, put my husband in the negatives, and incurred overdraft fees of $37 per day. Corporation apologized. And about half of the $300 which Sheraton had no right to take went to overdraft fees. PAY IN CASH.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gloucester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been meaning to post a review-now its been almost a year since my visit.
We really enjoyed this property for our short 3 days trip. It is so close to Camden Yard which is the main purpose for our trip. I did think the front desk staff could have been a bit more friendly and helpful, they were not too engaging. The club lounge was very nice, an added perk to our trip. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bed, very clean and modern room, hotel restaurant experience was pleasant and lively. Views of harbor are exceptional and location to harbor is ideal! Will continue to choose the Sheraton from all the hotels in the harbor! Thank you for your ongoing #1 service, cleanliness and ideal location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Macon, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed in Aug 2013 for a convention. Room was fine. Bed comfy. Hotel was ok. But I can't think of a single way this hotel stood out, except it was within walking distance of Inner Harbor and Camden Yard. Internet required me to re-sign in every time I booted up, unlike most hotels, which require sign in once a day. Flew in, took the light rail from BWI to Camden Yards, walked the 3 blocks to the hotel, so the trip from the airport was $1.60 (hard to beat that!).

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our booking was messed up and rather then being helpful managers basically told us to deal with it and go to the hotel that where the messed up booking put us and walk. After 6 hours of trying to talk to them we FINALLY figurine out what we needed to do to FIX our problem though the EVENT, not the hotel, We finally got our reservation fixed. We filed a complaint against the rude manager. Later that evening another manager came to us to basically say: Sorry YOU FELT that the manager was rude BUT that's just how he is. And you're LUCKY you have this room, it was to be TAKEN from someone. We knew for a FACT that our room was a cancellation. I have NEVER been so disrespected and treated so POORLY in my life. The Hotel didn't even adjust the price or give us some compensation for the was we were treated. Even corporate told us that basically "there was nothing they could do." It's disgusting that this company thinks that this is an acceptable way to treat customers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends