“Good convention hotel in Baltimore”

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Yorba Linda, California
“Good convention hotel in Baltimore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor to attend a convention. The hotel is next to the convention center and is attached with a bridge connecting the two establishments. During our stay, there were several Baltimore Orioles game and I noticed that a lot of the fans stayed in this hotel too. The Orioles Camden Yard stadium is just 2 blocks from the hotel. There is a Light Rail Station next to Camden Yard and this will take you to and from Baltimore Airport. Also in Camden Yard is the MARC train station that you can use to go to Washington DC. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to inner harbor. As far as the physical state of the hotel, the rooms are dated but clean. You can tell that this hotel need to be upgraded. I recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the convention center and will stay here again if needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton, Inner Harbor, very convenient to the inner harbor attractions. Self Parked the car in their garage for about 25 dollars per night. Easy access to the car. They had valet for about 5 dollars more per night but didn't need it. The staff at hotel were helpful, and nice. Answered all questions I had and if they didn't know they told me where to find answers. Gym great used it twice, very updated equipment, pool was triangular (interesting) but I didn't use it. Orioles stadium a 10 minute walk, very easy to take in a game from this hotel. Only negative comment about the hotel was that the bathroom needed remodeling and the room could have used a little freshening up. Also i looked under the bed to find a sock and there was a lot of dust and dirt.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Harbor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel, lobby, and room were VERY clean. The staff were so friendly. They open doors for you, greet you, are genuinely helpful. The location is a very short walking distance from the Inner Harbor which includes the National Aquarium and a bunch of stores and places to eat, also Federal Hill. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 (would like to give 4 1/2) because the pool is painfully small for such a large hotel, and guests have to pay for parking.

I think the price of the room is for the convenience of the location. This room would cost much less elsewhere, but this is a GREAT location.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the Harbor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for a convention. From the moment I arrived the hotel staff, from the doormen to the front desk, to the cleaning staff have been courteous, attentive, and the service has been second to none. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean which is always a plus when away from home for an extended period of time. Just a block from the famous Inner Harbor, the views are amazing. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for excellent accomodations and I will definitely be back again.

Dana White
One Happy Camper (806/807)

• Stayed July 2013
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the Sheraton and it was nice but average. I did have one problem, I reserved my king size room 4 months in advance and when I got there, they put my husband and I in a 2 double size room. When I told them there was a mistake, they told me they did not have any availble king rooms anymore. I had to insist that they find me a king size room since I am sure I made my reservation long before others and plenty of single people were in king size rooms. In the end, we did have to spend one night in the double room then moved to the room we orginally reserved the following afternoon. However, if I handn't arugued, I am sure I would not have been moved. The room was usual but the staff were helpful and friendly. Restaurants there were either not very good to very expensive, so eat outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure yout get the room you reserve.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The biggest problem with this hotel is the prices. At $300+ per night you are expecting to get a nice place. The hyatt directly across the street is much nicer. The rooms are dark, and while the staff is nice they aren't too helpful. The guests can be loud, partly because the walls between rooms are so thin. The bed was so creaky it kept us awake all night. The manager was nice enough to add a few more SPG points but nothing worthwhile or to make up for 2 lousy nights. The sheets and bed are hard as a rock, and the bathroom looks no different than a cheap motel.

Unless you are paying under $100/night stay anywhere else. You will not like this place.

Room Tip: At the same price the Hyatt across the street is way better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rmani81
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We certainly apologize that we were unable to meet your or our expectations. Should you wish to discuss further please email us at innerharbor@sheraton.com. We do hope to welcome you back to Starwood Hotels and Resorts soon!

Warm Regards,

C Payne
DOSM
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall, the hotel was fine. The rooms were clean, the staff at the front desk were friendly. The big issue that ruined the trip for me was in the club lounge. I had a friend come up to Club Lounge with me in the middle of the afternoon when it was completely empty to discuss some findings from a meeting we had attended and the Club Lounge staff person was quite rude, saying that we were not allowed to be up there and basically kicked us out. I told her that I had used the Club Lounge services at other Sheratons with no problems for years and she stated that at this hotel it was not true. I asked her to point out on any written material at the Club if this was true and she said there was none, but that we had to get out. Very rude and very upsetting.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business