“Dirty, dingy, and poorly maintained”

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Duxbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Dirty, dingy, and poorly maintained”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I don't understand how this hotel rates so highly. I travel 150-200 nights per year, and this is one of the worst "tier 1" properties I've used in the US. Several of my towels were stained when I arrived. The ventilation ducts were covered with dust and grime. The carpet had chewing gum patches. The SPG lounge advertised a cocktail happy hour, but served only soft drinks. Breakfast in the lounge was dismal (but I will say the espresso machine made good coffee). No towels in the fitness area. In fact, the fitness area appeared not to have been cleaned or maintained for some time. The concierge and bell hop could not loan me an umbrella to walk to work in the storm. For an SPG property and at these rates...very disappointing.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room? ... try the new Hilton or the older Marriott down th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike H
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Good Day Mike H,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor. We apologize that aside from our espresso machine we did not meet your expectations at any point during your stay. We Do strive every day to provide a great, relaxing atmosphere for our guests. We will review your comments with our associates to insure that this does not happen again to our guests and again thank you for letting us know.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was in town for a baseball game and you have to love this hotel's proximity to Camden Yards. But don't stay here is you have a strict schedule and just need a room for the night. The beds and pillows deserve to be enjoyed. And the pillows...ahh, the pillows. Oversized, long enough to be used as a body hugger if you like that, and as comfortable as you could ever imagine. They made me not want to go home to my own! The view of the harbor was so picturesque. Self-parking in their garage was included and as an SPG member, I did not have to pay for internet service (otherwise it was $9.95/day for high speed and $5.95/day for standard service). One of the managers was very helpful in locating the area radio station that broadcasts the ballgames so the Yankees/Orioles game could be listened to on the drive home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our first trip to Baltimore, My wife and I stayed for five nights where we enjoyed the Indycar races on the streets of Baltimore. Our room was clean and spacious, and our dog was provided with a her own fluffy bed. Everyone in the hotel couldn't have been more accomodating. The food and room service were great, and our package (from the Sheraton) included general admission and full breakfast (delivered to the room!) For us, the hotel experience greatly enhanced our extended Baltimore weekend.

Room Tip: We had a corner room at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Red Bank, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

When we arrived, no one came over to ask if we needed help unloading our luggage. The prices were outrageous. The parking was as much as I pay in NYC, the room was over $300 a night to stay in Baltimore -- a dump of a city if ever there was one. My breakfast was over $22 with tip. The hotel itself was nice enough, but real estate values are far lower than in other cities -- I felt raped. I will never return. The parking should've been free or $10. Simply abusive. Charging for wifi is another crime. On our second morning, we wanted a simpler breakfast option, so we asked at the front desk. The woman sent my wife to an address of a strip club. And at checkout, some kid in a wrinkled jacket with a trainee tag tried to check me out for over 20 minutes -- it was painful to watch him fumbling with the computer. Too many baseball fans overwhelming the hotel, parking and surrounding area. I'll avoid all of Sheraton's hotels as I travel across the country.

Room Tip: Don't go near this place if there's a baseball game. Crowd and traffic is brutal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Greetings Cliff,

We thank you for sharing your perceptions and experience during your recent stay. We appreciate your comments on our hotel being nice as well as the high ratings on our rooms, cleanliness, and sleep quality! We are certainly disappointed that we were not out front to greet you and assist with luggage. That is certainly not our standard. You did come to Baltimore over a very high demand weekend with the Orioles in town as well as conventions so our room pricing was higher and we certainly disagree with your opinion that our city is a “dump”! We are very proud of our city and all that we have to offer our visitors!! Our parking rates are competitive within our market place and I know that when I’ve travelled to New York my parking rates were double ours. Our WiFi charges are substantially less than our competitors here in Baltimore and we do offer complimentary access as well as PC’s in the link@sheraton located in our lobby. We do hope that you will reconsider Starwood Hotels and Resorts again in the near future. Warm Regards!
RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went to Baltimore to attend two Yankees/Orioles games for the weekend. It's great being a gold member with the Sheraton. We had a great room on the club level with a view of Camden Yards and Raven Stadium. We were only a 5 minute walk to Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor. Great location. The room was really nice. The staff was also nice. We would definately return here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
syracuse,ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

As A Starwood guest, I decided to use my points to stay with family at the Sheraton Inner Harbor. I requested adjoining rooms and we were given such.We requested a refrigerator that was brought promptly up. Rooms were clean, nicely furnished with great views of Camden Yards and the inner harbor. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was prime, within short walking distance to the ball park and inner harbor. It was a great time and I would book this hotel again. The only negative is that the indoor pool is small.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for great views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lakers69
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I hosted my family reunion at this hotel, and the entire staff provided outstanding customer service and showed genuine interest in our family reunion being a success. They were very attentive, helpful, and hospitable the entire weekend. Compliments to the Chef, because the food in the hotel is absolutely delicious! Thank you for exceeding our expectations and making our family reunion all the more memorable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family