“The Best Place to stay in Baltimore”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My fiance just returned from an overnight stay at this lovely hotel. We frequently visit Baltimore and have stayed at almost every other hotel at the harbor, this was by far my favorite. We got a really great rate on the room and then we received a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite that was HUGE!! The view was amazing. My only suggestion would be to put King sized beds in the suites, that was kinda weird.
When we got to the room it had been recently cleaned and some cleaning supplies were left in the room. We called down to the front desk and they asked us if we wanted to change rooms and we said no, so they brought us two glasses of wine instead. Security in the hotel is outstanding, customer service is phenomenal and the FULL BLOWN MALL was my absolute favorite!! I will definitely stay here again when I visit.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed here one night as a "get away" weekend. The main thing this hotel has going for it is the location -- directly across from the Inner Harbor area, however, there are a LOT of hotels which are nearby and which cost much less and are comparable in quality. We had a harbor view room and the view is very impressive. The room is the same size as a standard size discount motel and the bathroom is certainly not "luxury" -- plastic shower curtain, 4' between sink and tub/shower, etc. The furnishings were an upgrade from a discount motel, but not on par with a luxury hotel. Restaurant was extremely overpriced so we ate elsewhere. The hotel is a short cab ride to Little Italy or Fells Point and in good weather woudl be an easy walk. Parking is $26 extra and there is really no way to get to the hotel except by car. My biggest complaint was that they don't provide complimentary wifi in the rooms to guests. They have wifi, but it's $12.95 extra per day, although it is free in the lobby and bar area and they provide free wifi in their discount chains. We enjoyed our stay, but next time, I would stay somewhere else. There are a lot of options in the area which are nicer and more accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have to say that I was not overly impressed with this hotel. The staff at the front desk was mediocre and the not terribly welcoming. The bellmen were so sweet though.
The restaurant was an AWFUL mess...they were understaffed, had to wait for 30 minutes to get food after ordering (note: we have a 2yo and a 4yo) and then, to top it off, the package we got said that it included a "Buffet Breakfast for 2 Adults" on the blue card but when we checked out, the front desk lady said that we couldn't go over $38! I should point out that when we were seated for breakfast the hostess said that since they didn't have the buffet available that day, we could order "anything" off the menu. So, we did. And it came out to a few dollars over the $38 but seriously, did the front desk staff really need to have me waiting to check out for her to charge me an extra $2 bucks for breakfast?
So, for this type of thing, I wasn't impressed.
I do have to give credit where credit is due. The first room they put us in was across the hall from a noisy party. They moved us to a comparable room very quickly.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We have just returned from an overnight stay at the Renaissance Baltimore we stayed their New Years Eve. We stayed on the Aquarium, parking breakfast rate which we booked earlier on and received a good deal. We arrived at the hotel around 11:30 and we able to check in straight away, we were upgraded to a harbor view room which we had requested. We received our Aquarium tickets which were valid for 11 months and they also gave us a promotional voucher for a free in room movie.
Our room was on the 12th floor and I must say had the most perfect view of the harbor and the Fireworks. This was a real plus for us and really appreciated it. Breakfast in the morning ran until 12:00 which was nice, it was very busy and we did have to wait around 15-20 mins as we sat and waited I did notice one or two guest get a bit rude to the staff because they had to wait. For me the fact it was New Years day and they kept breakfast open longer was a good gesture of the hotel. The staff handled the situation perfectly remaining calm and polite at all times, it was incredibly busy and there was a huge demand on the staff. Once seated for breakfast the omelet bar and buffet was well stocked and the lines moved very quickly.
The car park is located right under the hotel and was very busy so I would recommend valet parking to save on the hassle of searching for a parking space.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed here for New Years Eve. The lobby is beautiful. The staff were so friendly and professional. Everyone we saw greeted us. Check in was so fast an efficient and this was a busy night for the hotel. The location is absolutely wonderful. The elevators are clean and large. The rooms are modern, very clean.. Our bed was sooooooooo comfortable. Breakfast was great. The food is very good, the fruit fresh and waffles soft. The view of the harbor is great from the resteraunt. Everyone was just so friendly. We were so hung over and every staff member we saw wished us a happy New Year. This si where we sill be staying any time that we come to Baltimore.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2010

What a fabulous stay!

Had been to the other Baltimore Marriott, and this one is even better. On top of a shopping center and directly across the street from another, plus the waterside location overlooking the harbor ... what more could you ask for? Well ... you could ask for great service, and they have it. Nice rooms, and they have it. My room directly overlooked the Constellation and the Harbor, and I had a fantastic view over the entire harbor from the Hard Rock and Aquarium to the convention center and college area.

Rooms were ample with good amenities. Don't need to bring your toiletries or hair dryer, as they have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soaps all from Aveda. Personally, I don't like the Aveda lotion because it's runny and doesn't absorb.

There's an in-room safe and coffee maker (under the TV in the cabinet). The bottle of water is $4.00, so you might want to get your own from one of the nearby stores. Nice flat screen TV is good and has plenty of channels, and I particularly like remote controls with a sleep timer.

There's a pool and a business center. The boarding pass printer/computer was on the blink, but the gal behind the desk printed off my boarding pass for me.

I did check in late. Because it's in the middle of the holiday season and pretty cold in the area, there aren't many tourists. So ... as luck would have it, the bar and restaurant closed early. But I walked across the street to the Irish Pub on top of the shopping center and had a glass of white zin with the bartender who was very nice.

One con during this stay: because of the sparce number of guests, they put us all in rooms near each other. Thus, one night I had two screaming kids next to me and the next night I had a bunch of 20-somethings having a party in their room. The walls are thin, and the corridors are long and conduct/amplify sounds. So, you'll want to be sure that you have an outside room away from the elevator ... it will be worth the walk.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I recently traveled to Baltimore and had the pleasure of staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel. The room rates were extraordinarily reasonable for a conference hotel ($125/night) and the hotel room was quite spacious and comfortable (incl. a desk, bed, and armchair). The hotel was conveniently located: within walking distance of two different shopping plazas, numerous restaurants, the National Aquarium, and a very large Barnes & Noble (complete with its own aquarium). The wifi was complimentary and worked quite well. The business center was expensive, but included a wide range of services, so was usable in a pinch. I would recommend this hotel for those looking to explore this part of Baltimore.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business