“Fantastic Location”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 15, 2009

If you want to stay in the most central place in the inner harbor - choose this hotel. The hotel however seems to project little personality and is a little souless. Buffet Breakfast adequate but not outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2009

Fantastic location right in the inner harbour. Stayed here to go to the American Idols gig at the 1st Mariner Arena which was within easy walking distance. The inner harbour area of Baltimore was great, although we took a walk up to Mount Vernon one day and a wrong turn took us into some pretty rundown areas, which was a little scary with the children in tow, even in broad daylight. I would do a bit more research next time and stick to the tourist route. Having said that I loved Baltimore and would go back.
The hotel itself was great. Lovely spacious rooms. We were lucky enough to be on the concierge level and had complimentary breakfast, which was very good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Only one real downside was having to pay for internet connectivity, although they had free wifi in the lobby, and a pc and printer setup for online flight check-in.
Unfortunately for us they were doing road works right outside the hotel during our stay, and it was really noisy in our room, but it wouldn't put me off staying again. It was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I just returned from Baltimore Inner Harbor and the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel. The hotel was is a perfect location to all the sights and areas of Inner Harbor. I managed to secure a fantastic rate on Priceline for this hotel.

My room was 8108 and had a partial harbor view. At checkin I requested a full harbor view but the only available room was a double so I opted for the king instead. The room had two chairs and ottoman. There was a desk and chair as well. The furnishings were lovely. The bed was super comfortable.

The bath was pretty standard but there was good water pressure. The shower curtain was on the curved bar so that is a big plus. In my opinion, this should be standard operating procedure for all hotels! The AC worked great as it was a warm summer weekend in Baltimore! I left my room rather late one afternoon and did not expect it to be made up upon return but I was pleasantly surprised! It was completely serviced.

The lobby is nice, the coffee shop convenient. The access to all things Inner Harbor fantastic! The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. I will definitely stay again at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Spent a night here in late June with wife, daughter and several other families with kids to do the whole Baltimore Harbor weekend thing. The great location makes this hotel worth considering. It's within walking distance of the Aquarium, inner harbor shopping district, ESPN sportszone, restaurants and Camden Yards. It has an upscale feel without being overly plush. There is a coffee shop in the lobby that brews Starbucks, and is a good place to get a quick bite in the morning. It's also attached to an upscale mall if you need to shop for something. The rooms were nice, modern and clean. The service was solid. Our package included aquarium tickets and a buffet breakfast, which had just about everything you'd want: waffles, eggs to order, plenty of side items, fresh fruit, etc. and a nice view of the harbor. The hotel has a small indoor pool, plenty big enough for kids to blow off some steam.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My husband is a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, and we had a free night certificate, so I thought it would be fun to take the kids for one night to see the fireworks on the fourth of July.
Got there about 12:30 and valet parked the car. We were blocked into a larger harbor view room - thanks for the great upgrade! We had been previously told all they had available was city view standard rooms, but I had called requesting a larger room. They were kind enough to give us a room on the 11th floor (there are 12 floors) with a lot of space. Our room wasn't ready until about 3:30, so we had lunch and walked around the harbor and the shopping mall.
The hotel is really typical Marriott style - nothing great really. We have stayed in lots of nicer hotels and resorts, so this is definitely not a Ritz. For one night it was fine. Our bed was very comfortable, and we got two rollaways for the kids. Those were just okay - once again not as nice as a Ritz, but fine for a child for one night.
The staff was nice enough - except the guy bringing the rollaways acted like I was bothering him to bring another one. They were obviously very busy, so really it didn't bother me.
I also had to ask for extra towels (there were only two in the room, and 4 of us) and bath soap (there was none), as well as foam pillows (we're allergic to feather). The extra towels and foam pillows were on our reservation, but once again, I know they were busy.
The view from our room was great - we watched the fireworks and the huge crowds. I was glad to watch from up high, as I would hate to be in such a crowd with my kids. I saw one person was even shooting a Roman candle from the crowd - um, that must be illegal???
We had no noise problems really - slept well. Got breakfast from room service, which was fine. I thought the prices for room service were very reasonable as well - a Ritz would have been twice as much for breakfast. Plus we had a buy one get one free Platinum offer, so one breakfast was free.
We took the kids to the indoor pool the next morning for a quick swim. It was super crowded. It's a pretty basic hotel indoor pool.
Overall, if you want a good view of the harbor, it's a good choice. I don't think we'd do it again over a holiday weekend, but really I wanted a night away (we live only about a half hour away).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Nice hotel, convenient to harbor, great conference rooms; requested & received a room near the elevator with a harbor view. I got a partial harbor view which was wonderful. So gorgeous at night. The elevators numbers and announcement system were not working properly. The automated voice would announce Floor 5 when you were really on Floor 10. The numbers would show incorrectly on the lighted pad inside the elevator; it caused a few chuckles with people getting off on the wrong floors. All four elevators were doing this! Restaurant was so expensive that we did not try it. Walked to Inner Harbor restaurants which were excellent. Took a water taxi ride one evening for about 1 1/2 hours. Met a wonderful boat captain who gave us a ride on his last pick-up. Learned he was from our home state of West Virginia. Loved the fact that the hotel is nonsmoking. Beds were sooo comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed 3 nights in this centrally located great hotel across from the Inner Harbor and the Aquarium. The only unusual aspect of the hotel is that some of the rooms are a long walk from the elevator, our's was only 10 rooms away. Everything is within walking distance, restaurants, entertainment, water taxi, aquarium, and Camden Yards. The best method to get to the Inner Harbor is to take the light rail train from BWI Airport to the Convention Center stop and then walk about 5 block to the hotel - taxi service is also available from the Convention Center.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple