“Too Dangerous for me”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed December 12, 2008

STAY AWAY!!! If you stay here, you put your personal safety in jeopardy and you stand to lose property as well!!
The hotel adjoins a multi-story shopping mall and there is nothing stopping someone off the street from entering the hotel property. No visible security cameras and a very loose attitude by the management and staff contribute to the danger.
While I was there, my car was broken in to while in the care of the valet parking. A window was broken and property stolen. The management WILL NOT pay for the damage or the property, WILL NOT take the valet parking charge off of the bill and WILL NOT take responsibility for the damages. The valet service tried to deliver my car to me missing a window as if nothing was wrong and only reluctantly admitted that it was vandalized while in the their care. The police surmised that the car was not even stored on site, and were appalled that the car was moved from the scene of the crime and "cleaned up" before a police report was signed.
4 days later, I've had to have the window replaced at my expense, my property is gone and the hotel won't take my calls or answer my questions, despite promises to the contrary on the day of the incident.
I wouldn't stay there again on a dare!!!

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
5  Thank OCTraveler6
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2008

True! It's a large business/convention hotel...like in any city, I'm sure just like wherever you come from..... only slightly boring, but so is every convention hotel in the country.....but it doesn't really matter 'cause it's the location that makes this place great! If you are exploring Baltimore for the first time solo and without a car, you really should stay here.....from here, you can explore anywhere near the inner harbor on foot or by water taxi! Just hop on an Amtrak train bound for Baltimore and when you arrive at the station, take a taxi to this hotel and your solo adventure will begin You can explore this amazing city, check out historic Fells Point, and eat some amazing local food! I walked everywhere along the inner harbor by myself and was never bored! I saw and did so, so much....this hotel was a great base to experience this historic city like a local! Sorry normal people, but Baltimore is a great city for solo travel..... even if you visit it in the off season! Did it matter to them that I wasn't dragging a family with me or carrying a laptop to a meeting somewhere and looking corporate? No. it didn't. Who cares?The staff is very nice here. The lobby is modern and hip. The rooms look like they came from the 1980's and are large, simple and clean. But there's a whole city out there to explore, so you just need a comfy King bed to sleep at the end of the night to rest, a cool TV, and a clean bathroom like they have here. And you'll be great!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank lonelyplanetboy
Reviewed October 31, 2008

Stayed at the Renaissance with a special rate for people using Johns Hopkins Hospital. We had two conecting rooms with my 90 year old Mom having outpatient cataract surgery. The staff could not have been friendlier or more effficient. From the greeter in the lobby to the bellmen to the warm room service staff to the concierage - they were all marvelous. We did not use the restaurant, choosing room service for most meals - good food. The 6 AM breakfast we needed arrived right on time. The new beds were very comfortable with comfy fluffy duvets. All in all they made a stressful few days a lot easier.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My husband and I spent a mini-work vacation at the Inner Harbor Hotel and it was Great!!! The conference center within the hotel is great, plenty of food, drinks and coffee throughout the conference.
The room was super comfortable....the bed was FANTASTIC. I am very picky about hotel beds and this was one of my favorites. The down comforter, sheets and plenty of pillows were just right!!!
The location was second to none. Right in the heart of everything. Did I mention the mall that is 'on property' !?!! Great stores and a walkway to all the happenings across the street right on the harbor. Wonderful!!!
All of the staff we encountered were super helpful and just made you feel at home.
A five star experience. you must go!!!! May be pricey--but really is worth it.
The Inner Harbor & Fells Point are great destinations.....
We can't wait to return and will surely stay at the Renaissance.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2008

The highlight of this hotel was the bed....it was so comfortable! It's in a great location, right across the street from the inner harbor, and the rooms are large. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We spent one night at the Renaissance using Marriott reward points. You could not ask for a better location in Baltimore, right in the heart of the Inner Harbor and attached to a mall. The lobby is beautiful, but rooms were nothing special for the price (upwards of $250 if we hadn't used points). There is self and valet parking directly under the hotel, and self parking has in/out privileges (this is pretty comparable to what you would pay in any other garage in the harbor).

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Stayed here over the labor day weekend and really enjoyed it. I think it has the best location of any hotel in Baltimore (directly across the street from the main harbor attractions) and most things were within walking distance. The staff was fast and helpful (especially the nice Filipino man at the check in desk), and the beds were comfortable with tons and tons of pillows as far as the eye could see. I liked the turn down service and chocolate mint, getting tucked in like that is a level of service and hospitality that I am not used to. The view was amazing and only surpassed by the beauty of my wonderful girlfriend. I would stay here again!! I wish they had hotels like this in Kansas, I like how you east coasters live!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple