“Great Location, Wonderful staff.”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Chicago
“Great Location, Wonderful staff.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while my son had a lacrosse tournament. The location was great. The hotel was very clean, and the hotel staff could not be more friendly, helpful and accommodating. One negative, as others have said, is that there is only one elevator bank and some rooms are quite a hike to the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view, close to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Laurel, Indiana
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My son and I had flown in from Indiana for the weekend. I chose this hotel due to the fact that it was within walking distance of Camden Yards. Much to our surprise it was in walking distance of great restaurants, sightseeing, and Segs to the city.

In the mornings we would eat in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. $18 for an all you can eat, special order your omelet, kind of breakfast. It was fabulous.

The best part of this hotel, everyone was friendly. If we needed something, someone was right there.

This was an amazing experience and worth every dime.

Room Tip: I requested Harborside.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 9:30 am and our room was not ready. However, we were upgraded to a corner suite that was outstanding. We had a king bed, a sitting room with two chairs and a foldout couch. The bathroom was very large and had a beautiful sink and large counter. The shower was a combo with a bath tub. The windows were floor to ceiling with a nice view. We did not face the harbor and would recommend trying to get that view if you can. There is a Starbucks in the lobby where we grabbed a quick breakfast each morning. Across the street is a beautiful mall of shops, restaurants and walking areas. We used the water taxi (cost is $12/person to ride all day up to 11pm) There is a free Charm City bus which will also take you around the city. We went out to Fort McHenry and took a walking tour. Make sure you see the introductory movie in the Visitor's Center. There is a $7/person charge to enter the fort. We also took in an Orioles game at Camden Yards that was a great time as well. The Renaissance also is attached to a four floor mall that has small shops and restaurants. We would definitely return to this hotel if we are ever in Baltimore again.

Stayed July 2014
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel was wonderful! We made the mistake of entering Inner Harbor at 5:00 so it took us almost an hour to go a half mile and get to our destination, but that was just poor planning on our part. There was a public parking lot directly across from the hotel where we paid $29 for an over night. I had heard it was more & budgeted for more than that, so that was a pleasant surprise and so convenient to the hotel itself. The staff was very friendly, professional and helpful. The hotel itself is very modern and clean. The Room was impeccable and the beds were very comfortable. My favorite part was the small vanity mirror in the bathroom. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and putting in contacts across those large bathroom sinks is always a challenge - the small makeup mirror was perfect! The pool was nice on the 7th floor - clean, warm, a TV in the room for people not swimming and a large courtyard attached. The hotel location is perfect! You can walk to everything from this hotel - food, shopping, camden yards, the aquarium etc.. all right there and so great! The view over the harbor also fantastic. My only negative thing (& its not a biggie) is that there was no continental breakfast option and the food at the hotel restaurant was kind of pricey for me. The gentleman at the desk the night before listed several great breakfast places but when I asked again in the morning the gentleman working had less suggestions and we ended up at the place across the street with a lousy meal. But that really was the only negative moment in our entire overall experience. I loved this hotel and already recommended it to friends that are heading to Inner Harbor this summer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank foxerocks
Washington Township, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Baltimore is a great city to visit and when in town you can't beat the location of this hotel.

It's walking distance to Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium and all the inner harbor. The water taxi to fells point is right across the street and a shopping mall is attached so when in Baltimore this place is a must stay!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank RU97
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Location is the main attraction at this hotel property. It's located across the street from the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor, and many of the rooms have stunning views. The Renaissance is an easy walk to all of the Inner Harbor events plus the convention center, Camden Yards, and even Little Italy.

Yet I was surprised by the inconsistencies I encountered during my stay, especially from a so-called luxury hotel. No 24-hour room service is available directly from the hotel. During my second evening, the desk clerk gave me a menu to a nearby delivery restaurant. At this type of hotel, I would have expected that the clerk from the first evening would have also offered me this menu.

Another example: the door to the hot tub and pool was locked but a temporary sign on the floor of the entryway indicated they were open. When I asked about this at the front desk, I was informed that they were temporarily closed because of lightning storms. That's fine, I'm glad the hotel was concerned about the safety of guests. But why wasn't a more correct sign posted on the door to the water features?

Another example: two of the bellmen learned my name before I was in my room. One of them could tell I wanted some water but didn't want to give up my place at checkin. He went out of his way to get me a cool drink, without even asking if I was thirsty. For the rest of my stay, these two bellmen went out of their way to greet me, ask about my day, share information, made me feel like a valued customer every time. Yet other staff that I saw every day seemed to be put off when I spoke with them or greeted them.

The stunning water views, convenient access to attractions and dining, plus in-room binoculars made this a place to stay - one time, no more. These things were offset by the high prices, inconsistent service, and lack of luxury. One stay is enough, for me.

Room Tip: Harbor views are more expensive.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank redink46142
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location which is convenient to all of the attractions. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the spectacular view from one of our harborview rooms. Our room service hours are currently 6am to midnight. I am sorry that these hours were not convenient for you. It is a rare occasion that we have to close our indoor pool due to severe lighting. It was a quick decision made for the safety of our guests and staff.

Again, thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated. I will be sure to share your compliments with our bell staff.

Pamela Saleh
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This location is fantastic. Traveled here for July 4th and wasn't disappointed. The hotel is huge and with only one elevator location it's quite a hike to get to some rooms. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

We found everyone we interacted with to be knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple