“Great Location and Great Room”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is directly across from the Baltimore Inner Harbor and even has a skyway across the main road. The room was huge and clean! And to my surprise the windows cracked open so we could have some fresh air. The bathroom was really spacious and nice and offered Aveda products, which is definitely a bonus. There was a nice size flat screen tv. The hotel also had an indoor pool which I was aware of until checkout. We were on the 8th floor which was nice, got a great deal on priceline. Check in was fast. Parking was $28/day for self park. Right across the street was the paddle boating, Hard Rock, Baltimore Aquarium, Phillips Seafood. You really could not ask for a better location. Kids LOVED the hotel. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have been staying at Renaissance hotels well before Marriott took them over. As such, I expect a certain level of service and amenities from their hotels. In this stay, they fell woefully short.

We were put in a room without a safe which was missing from where it should have been. There was no hair dryer. In the morning when we discovered this, we called down to the front desk and they said one would be sent up. Luckily, my wife decided not to wash her hair when one did not arrive right away. When we came back to the room in the afternoon there still was no hair dryer. We told the housekeeper and she called it in. When, after some time had passed and the dryer didn't show up, we asked her again to call and it finally arrived.

Other than the above, the hotel was up to Renaissance standards. The location was excellent. The hotel bar was convenient and stayed open until around 1:00 am. The restaurant was very good. The room, other than the missing safe, was up to par, clean and quiet. The air conditioning in the "econ" mode was quiet enough to allow a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank WaialaeNui
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous location and got to unwind in our lounge. I do sincerely apologize for the delay in delivering the hair dryer to your guestroom. Please know that this is not the type of service we typically provide our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to correct our shortcomings.

Sincerely
Pam Saleh

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night on business. The rooms and common areas are in great shape. Love the fact it is across the street from the Inner Harbor attractions. Breakfast at the main dining room on 5th floor was excellent and reasonably priced. Would definitely suggest this place for a long weekend visit during the warm weather months.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Sunday night 3/30 to be in the city for the Orioles Opening Day on Monday 3/31. Very convenient to walk or Uber anywhere. Nice, modern, clean, spacious room. The view of the harbor is fantastic. The Concierge Lounge has the best offerings out of most Lounges I have visited at other Marriott/Renaissance Hotels. Convenient self-parking right under hotel. Love staying here in Baltimore when we have th opportunity

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Location of Hotel is great! The room was nice and beds were comfortable. The room service was prompt and good food. We requested early check in in advance, I had to call several times to check on the status of the room and they were not very helpful with the request and we ended up not getting early check in at all. The elevators were an issue. The hotel was busy and we waited for ever for the elevators and when they did come, they were totally full. We ended up climbing 8 flights of stairs with two kids and luggage. Nice hotel and maybe we just caught them on a very busy weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stopped by the 5th floor lounge one evening last week and was treated to a grand experience. I usually try to find great places to dine at the bar because I often dine alone. This experience could not have been any better as the very friendly and accommodating employee Yusef catered to every need. The beverages were excellent, he made a great recommendation for dinner and provided excellent service throughout the evening. I will definitely return as I am often in Baltimore on business. Thanks for a great evening. From one hospitality professional to another, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank timinlostriver
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this hotel three stars only because I'm comparing it to other hotels which are 4 and 5 star luxury hotels. I was very happy with my stay here, it was as I expected, and I would come back again if ever in Baltimore.

I came with two children, so the hotel's location across from the National Aquarium was perfect. Great view of the harbor and lots of restaurants across the street. I also chose it for the indoor pool, which my kids loved. Warm water, hot tub.

The lobby is very upscale. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Just nothing luxurious about the rooms.

Overall great place to stay with kids when visiting the National Aquarium.

• Stayed: March 2014
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the pool and the many attractions and eateries literally steps away. I hope that your travels bring you and your family back soon.

Pamela Saleh