“Christmas Party” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Haymarket, Virginia
“Christmas Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel, great location across the street from the Baltimore harbor where all the activities are. From the restaurant, you can see the aquarium, USS Constitution and lots of shops and restaurants.
The staff at the Renaissance were very nice, helpful and courteous. Our room was very clean, but our view was of the top of the square of the glass atrium - really no view. It wasn't too big of a deal since we were not in the room during the day.
If you have a chance to eat in the restaurant, I strongly recommend the fish/crag chowder! It's probably the best we've ever had...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Selbyville, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel on Saturday night for my husband's 40th birthday. Upon arriving, I told the the person at check-in why we were there. She upgraded our room and said "you'll be getting something in your room in a little bit." We went out and came back to a Smith Island cake and two natty bohs! Kelly -- you went above and beyond. Top customer service and because of Kelly I will recommend this hotel to ANYONE. Thank you again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Molli C
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this hotel 4-star if not for the mold on the bagels served for breakfast in the lounge. Ok, I understand the breakfast is free so I should not expect much, but serving something with mold is unacceptable. I have to give the attendant some credit. Once I told him I had a bite of mold (yes I did, and that was how I found out), he apologized immediately and openned a new bag of bagels for me. Unfortunately, I examined two more pieces and they all had mold on them. I ended up having breakfast somewhere else as I was not sure about the quality of other things they served either.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chenhang S
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a work conference.

The Good:
The room was very clean and updated. The bed was comfy and the housekeeping service was great. My floor was very quiet, although I did notice that other floors were louder. Any request made (a microwave, more blankets) was fulfilled very quickly. The hotel is connected to a mall which I only discovered toward the end of my stay.

The Bad:
No continental breakfast which even the local Days Inn serves. Also in the business center, there was a charge for internet. I do not travel with a laptop and this really seemed to punish people who do not use internet on their phones. Also, the FedEx center is only open Mon-Fri, my co-worker had a package that needed to be picked up and it's probably still sitting there.

Overall, a good hotel. The location was very good for my purposes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday night in anticipation of taking some testimony from a witness the next morning. The hotel is quite nice and upscale, which one would expect since it's also expensive. My room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. All up to date, etc. It's definitely a business hotel. The restaurant was good, expensive, and white tablecloth - not kid friendly. But, since I was there by myself on business, with none of my kids along, that was just fine with me. If you're needing to be downtown, this is an excellent location. I picked it because it was walking distance from where I needed to be for my deposition the next morning. It appears to me that this is a big meetings/conventions type hotel as well. In fact, the night I was there, a national meeting of preachers was in the hotel. So, it wasn't too rowdy. Restaurant dress that Sunday night was all suit and tie, so keep it in mind. While my room did not have a harbor view, the restaurant did, and it was lovely. The drive from the BWI Airport was pretty short, too, and not complicated. Once your business is done, drive out to Ft McHenry and then eat near there on Locust Point at LP Steamers. Both are just a few minutes drive from the hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank edwardsjbe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I asked for a room with a view and got a wonderful view of the harbor. For me, this hotel had the best location for my conference at the convention center. It was located near the small eateries and the aquarium on the harbor and on Pratt St., but not far from the convention center. Just some small irritants, like no shampoo on arrival and only one cup for coffee, even though there were two of us. Otherwise, a fine hotel.

Carshalton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was here on business so chose the hotel because it was only a couple of minutes walk from the office. It was a good hotel located on the harbour front so very convenient for the tall ships and aquarium, and there are restaurants around here though the better ones are probably a few minutes taxi/15 min walk away. It was a little noisy from the street outside but nothing too bad, and the room was large and well appointed. I was surprised that the toiletries provided were only shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soap - no shower gel, though I found the same thing in a few other places I stayed so wondered if this was normal for the US. Either way it's worth knowing so you bring your own shower gel! I had to phone reception to ask if there was a hair dryer in the room; it was in a black bag hanging in the closet.

Breakfast was not included in the price of the room but my company was paying. When I sat down for breakfast I was given a menu and chose and when they came to take my order they told me there was also a buffet that I couldn't see from my table, but I had decided by that point what I was going to order and didn't bother changing my mind.

It cost 35 dollars to get here in a taxi from the airport if that helps anyone who is wondering! Wifi is charged at 13 dollars a day though there is free wifi in the lobby.

The front desk staff were extremely helpful; on the day I left I wanted to go to Charm City Cakes from the TV show Ace of Cakes, but had already experienced Baltimore taxi drivers not knowing where anything was (including Fort McHenry). So I asked at the front desk of the hotel roughly which part of town it was in, and the concierge (I think it was) gave me a map but also insisted on coming with me to talk to the taxi driver and making sure he knew where it was, which was a great help. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel but can’t comment on the value as I was here on business and not paying myself.