“2 night business trip in August” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Jackson, Mississippi
“2 night business trip in August”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If I go back to Baltimore this is where I will stay. Full service Hotel in a perfect location. The breakfast was good as was room service. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Renaissance is part of the Marriot family.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing room was very quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Booked a room for a one nights stay, took in a concert at Pier Six Pavilion. It was well worth it. Cost was reasonable and a full breakfast was include. Check-in was a breeze, the staff was very friendly. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The bed was plush we didn't want to get up the next day. The breakfast was excellent. Freshly prepared omelets, waffles, and a whole spread of all of your buffet breakfast favorites. The hotel is in the middle of everything that Baltimore has to offer. We parked the car and walked every where. It was lovely!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding weekend, and it was a great choice of hotel. The location right on the harbor was fantastic. The rooms were comfortable and roomy. Mine didn't have much of a view, but I wasn't expecting that either. Minor complaints... heard too many door slams from the hallway, elevator got too crowded too often, and the bridge crossing the street goes into the mall, not the hotel. But given the choice and proper rate, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and hubby stayed for our anniversary in July. We had a room facing the street and harbor and it was beautiful! It was walking distance to everything including restaurants, shopping, and the baseball stadium! Rooms were comfey, bright and clean, unfortunately they weren't able to fill our request for a king bed and ended up with two queens. We ordered room service and found it quick and our food was actually good and I don't remember it being crazy expensive either. If I had to pick a negative? we had a view of a breezeway going from our hotel to the mall across the street which would of been easier than having to wait for the light to change and cross the busy street across all those lanes. I never saw a sign indicating what floor the breezeway was on and we weren't told about it at check in, so we never took it, I think a sign should be posted by the elevator at the very least, to let people know. Otherwise, I would stay here again, location is great!

Room Tip: Ask about breezeway/bridge access to cross the street instead of having to hike across multiple lane...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Everything I expected and more. The room was spacious, well appointed and had a beautiful view of Harborplace. Perfect location for a weekend getaway. I would highly recommend the unusual breakfast buffet which has enough variety to please any palate and is beautifully prepared and presented.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Abingdon, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was there for a wedding. Turned out there were 13 wedding parties staying there. Hotel is huge and the walk from the elevator to the room was a long way. Room made up for the walk. Since it was a corner room I didn't have the problem others commented, conversations and late arrivals. The doors do slam shut and did startle me a time or two. The city traffic was very noticeable in the room. The first night I had to use ear plugs but the second night was either quieter or I was more relaxed because i didn't seem to notice it as much. Bed was extremely comfortable. Did I mention how large the room was? Not sure how I lucked out but it was large room with a king size bed and sitting area with two end chairs and a sofa. Room also had microwave and refrig. I looked for safe/lock box but did not find one nor did my room have snacks for purchase as mentioned by another guest. Parking is $28 a night but I had no problem parking my Dodge Truck. Restaurant was pricey but I was lucky to get a table by the window and enjoyed the night view of the Inner Harbor, Domino Sugar, Rusty Scupper etc. I had the Baltimore Fries and Asparagus Salad and enjoyed both. I splurged on the Island Cake which would have been better had it been room temp and not cold. Location was very good. Glad I stayed there for the occasion but doubtful I will ever stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for a work conference that was down the street, but I thought this hotel would be better given the proximity to the Baltimore attractions. It was very conveniently located and walking distance to museums, restaurants, the aquarium, and more. The hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. The downside is that the rooms are not sound proofed. We were staying there during a time they apparently had several groups staying for weddings (one in the hotel) and the guests came back from 12 am - 3:30 am two nights in a row being very loud and inconsiderate in the hallways on their way to their rooms (one group hung out in the hallway for a while). Even with a fan on in the room and sleeping on a bed away from the door, we could still hear every single word being said. It woke several of us up (who were all there for the same conference). This isn't the fault of the hotel--it was the guests--but the rooms could have been better designed to at least muffle the noise. The rooms themselves were just of average quality--nothing fancy, but all the basics were there and it would have been fine and comfortable were it not for the noise. The restaurant in the hotel is also very overpriced but that is usually true of most restaurant hotels. It's not a huge deal as there are tons of other restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business