Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
$101
$160
$149
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$97
$139
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$108
$205
$193
Agoda.com
1,876 results
All reviewsacross the streetgallery mallwatertable restaurantgreat locationinner harborcheesecake factoryfifth floorpratt streetharbor view roomroom serviceindoor poolwithin walking distanceclub levelcamden yardscan't beat the locationthe concierge loungenational aquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We reserved a room "with a block of rooms" for a wedding. Our group was sprinkled over the whole hotel which as a previous reviewer said "Is humongous in size" I was glad when the pleasant lady checking us in said "remember to turn left as we get off the elevator on our floor, or we would be hating her" It was still a long walk to the room.
The room was attractive, business like, ( as opposed to warm) . We had 2 queen size beds and there was plenty of space. Our windows looked out to a parking garage across a busy street. Yes, even on the 10th floor the sirens of emergency vehicles was loud. There was Hall noise, but I didn't hear noise from above or next to us.
Hidden in the credenza- dresser was a coffee maker, snacks (chargeable) and a small refrigerator, as well as a lock box, that I found as we were packing up to leave.
The marble counter in the bathroom had sufficient space to spread out. There was a thin ledge in the shower, to place personal items which would be convenient. I was shocked to see that the towel rack with fresh towels was inside the shower. I did check after my husband had a shower, and the others weren't wet, so guess the spray didn't soak them.
Parking was added to our bill $28 for the overnight. They allowed us 30 hours, according to the front desk. This is not a stop we would ever make again, but the experience was pleasant. We are travelers that usually chose a mid size hotel ( or smaller) that has a breakfast included. I could not imagine breakfast provided for this many travelers, as I heard the hotel was even over booked the night we were there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was here for a work conference.

Pros: Iron and iron board located in room - no need to call in to request them. Great food served during our conference (lunch and dinner). Quite big and spacious rooms. Great for those who like to go out for a run as it is right on the harbour - you cross the street and can run along the shore for quite a long time. This might sound weird, but their bed sheets felt so comfortable - I've never slept on sheets that were this coasy and comfortable ... quite a few of my colleges noticed this as well.

Cons: Hallways had an awful smell to them. Hotel is extremely big. Based on where your room is, you might be walking a few mins to get to your room. Hotel staff recommended a restaurant for us (group of 20). They sent us to a place (cant remember the name) that was way to over-priced for such a poor quality of food. Not one of us was impressed with this recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I only stayed here on a quick overnight so I didn't get to see much but it takes up a block in size with a central courtyard i.e. its four sides are lined with hotel rooms around the perimeter.
I got a 12th floor (top floor) room facing north with only a view of the streets. Not very impressive. Another colleague got a lower floor but facing the harbor, which I suppose is a little better but I'm not sure as I didnt see any view while there. They have doorman service, if you like service coming in and out of the building. Basement self parking for $26 -- and that is on top of your room rate which is kind of high. I would have, frankly done better in an outlying area as our conference was at Johns Hopkins, 5 miles away.
I asked how parking on the street was and they answer I got back made me wonder why I was staying there.
They have conference rooms and I suppose that's what brings the people in. But, we didn't use them.
Its not as nice as some Marriotts I've been at as it seems older. The rooms are fine but if you misread the sign, as I did, you can end up walking around 3/4 of the perimeter to get to your room when it would have been shorter going the other way. A diagram indicating where the elevators are and the room numbers would have been useful rather than a small sign with a jumble of numbers and and arrow signs. It was not a good welcome to the hotel.
The room however was pleasant and well appointed except for the ODD side/lamp table which, instead of being a cube, was like a pyramid with steps. Whats the purpose of that design? Not very functional. It was not as nice a room as Marriott usually presents though the bed was nice and plush.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view otherwise they will shove you into a cave in the back!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had booked at higher price in advance and when the rate came down closer to my stay they honored the new rate. You cannot beat the location, service or cleanliness. They even granted early check in on a Saturday in June.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My return to the Inner Harbor was an excellent experience, not having been there in 24 years, the transition was stunning!
The renaissance hotel was a very good choice for several reasons. First, it's right across the street from the inner harbor waterfront, second it's 2 blocks from the convention center, third, it's close to a lot of non tourist restaurants and bars, finally the hotel itself was clean, professionally run and comfortable, service was very good and started when I pulled up to the door and continued throughout my stay!
The patio bar closed to early for my tastes but the 5th floor bar restaurant far more than adequately filled the gap!
Having only eaten breakfast in the restaurant, I cannot comment fully on the lunch and dinner offerings but the well appointed breakfast buffet, with omelette chef as well as the regular breakfast menu choices were above average!
The beds were quite comfy making one reluctant to get up with any haste! Room quality was excellent, housekeeping staff performance was outstanding. The gym/exercise room was very well equipped but just a bit to small. The property itself was kind of strangely laid out, but otherwise perfectly fine!
I can certainly well recommend this property for anyone heading to Baltimore, you won't be disappointed!
The property itself was a little strangely

Room Tip: Harbor view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business