“Inner Harbor: Front and Center!”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Inner Harbor: Front and Center!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

With a very friendly and welcoming staff, comfortable and perfectly located, the Baltimore Renaissance Hotel offers a great base for a fantastic vacation on the waterfront. It's across the street from the Pratt St Plaza, National Aquarium, and directly above the Galleria. Our family of 4 slept very well in our double queen bed room which came with refrigerator and microwave. When we decided we'd prefer foam pillows to the feather pillows we initial requested, the staff quickly brought by 4 of them as we requested. My daughter and I repeatedly used the well appointed workout room on the 4th floor which supplied ice cold water, granny smith apples and a good supply of extra earphones for the treadmills, ellipticals and bicycles. The free weights and nautilus equipment rounded out the offering. Shopping and dining options are plentiful. The Galleria, the plazas on the waterfront and all of Pratt Street offer numerous shops and restaurants of every type and price range. If these don't suit you, Little Italy and Fells Point are only minutes away by car or a 15 to 20 minute walk.

Room Tip: Higher floors, 110 series on east side have no rooms across the hallway and partial views of the har...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank G3G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night this week. With one big exception it was a very good experience. Service was very good at the front desk and at valet. Parking was pretty pricey at $40 valet per night. My only complaint, which is a big one for me, was the noise. I asked for a quiet room and was given one with a partial harbor view, which was nice. But there was tons of traffic noise even on the 8th floor. Several times fire engines went by as did many large trucks. In addition, there was quite a bit of noise from the hallway. For context, I stay in hotels every week, including many in NYC. Next time I'm in Baltimore, i will choose the other Marriott.

2 Thank FLfromMN
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here after going to an Orioles game last year and it was great. The rooms was very clean, the view was great, the food was good, the gym was small but served it's purpose and you had a great view of the Harbor from the gym room. Everything was very modern and the beds was very comfortable. The pool was great and the kids loved it .

Room Tip: The breakfast is very good and worth the money. I would find parking on the street if you can if not...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Here in January for a training session. My room was fantastic, always clean, extremely comfortable bed. Fast wi-fi in the room & the lobby area. I used room service once & received great service. I also requested a microwave to use since I had leftover food from the fabulous restaurants nearby & I was brought one immediately. I did not get a chance to use the pool because I chose to site see, but one of my co-workers said she used it every night & hardly anyone was there. She said it was nice. I did use the fitness center. Instead of drinking the water in the room that cost, you can buy water from the cvs a block up or the store downstairs off the lobby & refill in the fitness center. The fitness center also had fruit, the front desk had cookies, and I found the service to be friendly and fast. My check in was quick, the porters assisting at the entrance were nice, gave great directions, and professional. If I were in the area again on my own, I would like to stay here again because of the amenities, location, and over all atmosphere. I loved my bed so much I inquired on the website about it. It was the best sleep I have gotten in a long time & I also had a lot of noise outside due to the celebrating & car horns from the Baltimore Ravens win. But once it was lights out, the bed did its job & I was in dreamland.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kira
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for just one night to attend a conference. I thought that I was lucky to have been upgraded from a regular room to a suite. As it turned out, I might have been better off in a regular room. My room was in a corner, at the intersection of two very busy streets. There appeared to be very little sound proofing - the street noise was so loud that it kept me awake most of the night. The room itself was very nice, clean and well maintained. The service at the hotel was fine. With the exception of the outrageous fee for valet parking - $40! - I have no complaints with the hotel itself. The hotel's location is ideal for a trip to the harbor, if I could be certain that I would be in a quieter part of the hotel, I would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room with a view of the harbor
1 Thank Kingtrips
renhar, Executive Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Being in the heart of the city and directly across from the Inner Harbor, street noise can sometimes be distracting. While the view from our harborview rooms is spectacular, a courtyard room offers quieter surroundings. We hope to see you again soon.

Pamela Saleh
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend. The location is not bad, the fitness center overlooks the city, and the staff were helpful. My complaints were that the bed and pillows were not comfortable, and the fitness center does not contain any mats. We did have a leaky faucet in the shower, but after I reported it to the front desk, they responded immediately and sent someone up to check it while we were at lunch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank celestialsmith
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a chance to visit the RBHH on business. I stayed only one night, but the facility was top-notch. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was very courteous and professional. They accommodated my early check-in request, got me to my room quickly, helped me with directions to my business appointment, and arranged airport transportation in an instant. The dining room, pool, exercise facilities, and other amenities were dazzling. I especially appreciated the computer reserved for guests to check in/print boarding passes. It is no wonder that our company uses RBHH. One note though - is there any way to keep the bathroom door from always closing?