“Absolutely wonderful stay! Beautiful getaway!”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. The hotel is stunning, along with the view of the harbor. Parking is underneath the building, and is validated through the front desk ($28 for self parking versus $24 per day. $40 for valet).
The hotel is close to every major sightseeing areas and connects to the mall We were in Baltimore to dive the aquarium (which we highly recommend as well)!
The room was beautiful, very clean and have an optional "allergy friendly" room.
The icing on the cake (pun intended) was the *complimentary* wine and cake waiting for us. We made a note upon reservation that we were traveling for our anniversary... The lady at the front desk "hooked us up" (:

Only downside: wifi was not free & elevators were insanely slow.

• Stayed: March 2013
renhar, Executive Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us and that the cake and wine added to your special day. My apologies for the slow elevators. We are nearing the end of a complete elevator renovation. Brand new elevators will be up and running in no time!

Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here Valentines day weekend. The location is awesome for the harbor area. Its connected to a mall walk out the door into a mall cross the street and you are at the harbor.

The rest is pretty standard. Its not the newest hotel in the area. Its hard to tell what distinguishes a Marriott from a Renaissance. They might have slightly better furniture. The view of the city was like others have said basically looking at the parking garage. From the looks of the outside the layout of the hotel leaves it with very few rooms with a good view. Even though I did not use the valet I found them very courteous and helpful in my brief interactions with them The lobby is just ok. Parking like any downtown hotel is expensive but access to your car is easier than most downtown properties. Unfortunately went to use the pool Saturday night. It was fairly small for the size of the hotel. The smell of pool chemicals was overwhelming. There were too many kids in the pool for it to be enjoyable but I don't blame the hotel. Just a warning if you are planning on relaxing by the pool. The hottub looked like chubaka may have just gotten out of it but the lifeguard was working on correcting the problem. Outside of the smell I would say alot of these pool problems were beyond their control. Overall all a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

After reading the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say, my stay here was one of the best I've ever had at a business hotel. I was upgraded to the 12th floor club lounge floor and the bridal suite with a huge mirrored entry hall, 2-person jacuzzi tub and separate living room with wet bar.

The bathroom had Aveda amenities, fluffy and soft white towels, a heated towel rack, bidet (probably not in every room, I suspect), and dual shower heads in the separate shower. The club lounge was open weekdays for breakfast (scrambled eggs and bacon, cheese, fresh fruit, oatmeal, breads, and hot drinks plus juice) and evenings for appetizers and desserts fit for a light evening meal. The also had jars of individually wrapped sweets such as licorice, pixie stix, Reese's peanut butter cups, peppermints and more with drinks in the mini-fridges available all day.

Internet was fast (free to elite members) and reliable, and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful! The hotel lobby connects directly to the Gallery mall next door. Shops include Coach, Godiva, Bath & Body Works, Ann Taylor, Nine West, Aerosoles, Forever 21, and a handful of other small shops. Starbucks, too but no department stores. Across the street you'll find H&M and a host of restaurants waterside.

The neighborhood did have homeless people on the streets but plenty of police/security on foot and bikes patrolling so we never felt our safety was at risk. In all, a delightful stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
renhar, Executive Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Our staff certainly appreciates your kind words. I am so happy you were able to enjoy your guestroom and the many shops and dining choices in the attached mall and within walking distance. I hope your future travels bring you back to Baltimore and to the Renaissance Harborplace.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here the weekend of January 26 to the 27th. We were there for a cheer-leading competition. The hotel is in walking distance of the convention center with lots of restaurants and stores in between. The rooms were large, clean and the beds were very comfortable. There is a mall attached to the hotel with the usual mall stores and a food court which was very convenient.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
renhar, Executive Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We love having the cheerleaders here. We have hosted them many times. The attached mall and all of the restaurants within walking distance are so convenient. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Walking into this hotel feels like walking into an Airport Marriott circa 1985.

The decor is very dated, from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms themselves. Nothing feels plush or luxurious. The structure is also dated (popcorn ceilings, terrible HVAC in the room). My view was of a parking lot.

I arrived late in the evening and had to wait for someone to appear at the front desk. She wasn't all that eager to help.

Add on top of this that Marriott STILL in 2013 charges for internet ... there seems no reason to stay at this hotel when there are far better choices for business travelers to Baltimore.

1  Thank NYinTransit

Thank you so much for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We truly value and rely on your feedback. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our lobby was updated in 2007 and our guestrooms in 2009. I am disappointed that our decor was not to your liking. Again, we do rely on feedback from our guests and review each comment and recommendation. Making sure our guests are comfortable and feel like we are their home away from home is what we strive for. If I can be of any assistance in the future please contact me directly.

pam.saleh@renaissancehotels.com

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great hotel and the location is perfect for all the attractions. Stayed here for 3 nights from Feb 15-18th. We had room 10043.

First the good: Hotel is located close to all the famous attractions Baltimore has to offer. We did the self parking which was $28 a night compared to the $40 a night for valet partking. There was no need for the car during my entire stay, so it was perfect for us. The attracions and restaurants were very close, we walked every where. The cheese cake factory, Pizzareia Uno, and a few other bars and restaurants are right out the front door.

The hotel is very massive and even though it looks a bit outdated, it is very well kept and is very clean. Service is great and the staff is friendly and helpful. There were champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we checked in, and they had this service everday between 3pm and around 5pm. The loby is very well kept and looks clean even though the furntiture looks a bit outdated.

I want to warn anyone with disablities or who is old of age and cannot get around easy to make sure your room is close to an elevator. We walked almost a city block distance to get to our room from the elevator. This hotel is very big, and rooms can be up to 2-5 minutes walk from the elevator.

Our room was specious and very clean. The bathrooms were big and also very well kept and was very clean. No complaints about the rooms, staff or service.

The BAD: As mentioned earlier, the hotel is a bit outdated, but very well kept and clean. The hotel is attached to a mall and there is an entrance to the mall thru the hotel lobby. The hotel seems to attract a lot of non guests to gather in the halls and lobby and at the bars. This is the only hotel where I was asked by people to buy them a drink or give them a few dollars. I seen people walking off the streets and asking hotel receptionists for keys to the main loby bathrooms. I do not mind this but on one evening there was one individual asking for change in the bathroom, he was just haning out in there begging.

The area surrounding the hotel is not a very friendly and does not have a clean atmposphere. We had a couple incidents which made us feel a little concerned and say we are not staying here again.

Great Hoteal, Great Staff, Great Service.. a bit outdated but very well kept and clean. Only reason I would not stay here again is because of the surrounding area and bad elements attracted to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blasphemystic

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We rely on your feeback, both positve and negative. I am glad you were able to enjoy all of the attractions and restaurants that are within walking distance. We always have special treats in the lobby in afternoon. Our way of saying thank you and welcome. I have shared your comments regarding the public traffic through and around the hotel with our security staff.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel. The first two nights were for business and my daughter joined me the last two nights for a mini-vacation. The location was great. We had easy access to the inner harbor and all that it has to offer. We also took the short walk to Little Italy for dinner. The room was very up to date and very clean. Housekeeping came everyday and refreshed everything. The beds were comfortable and the climate control in the room and throughout the hotel was the best I have ever experienced. This may seem like a small thing, but I tend to get very cold so it a big deal to me. The lounges/bars were great. We had dinner in the restaurant on Valentine's day, and it was a special menu. Though it was not what we expected, the food was very good. The food that was provided during the conference was also very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If the hotel is crowded, it can take a long time for the elevators to get to the top floor. We were...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear about your excellent stay, both for business and pleasure. It was wonderful that your daughter could join you. So glad you were able to enjoy dinner in Watertable Restaurant. We hope to welcome you back soon.