“Great location!”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Rooms were very nice. We were facing the harbor and the street and even though we were on the 11th floor, there was a lot of noise from the street. The water pressure was extremely low in the shower. I do think they should provide free wifi in the rooms. In the elevator, we were explaining to our 10 year old who signed up for wifi in the room without our knowledge that there was a fee to do that ($13/day). An employee of the hotel heard our conversation and came over to us with a certificate covering the wifi fee. I'm so sorry that I don't remember his name! What a really nice surprise! Found the staff to be quite friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cugz1117

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spacious rooms and very comfortable bed. Very friendly staff -- including the valet personnel who were most helpful. Front desk staff made me feel very welcomed. It's a little pricey but so are all the hotels in the downtown Baltimore area. Perfect for business and would most certainly stay there with my wife.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel when attending a conference. On the surface, it is the type of hotel where its location makes it a great locale. Located in the Inner Harbor district the Renaissance is located close to dining, shopping, sightseeing etc.
The rooms were comfortable with the amenities I expect for this type of hotel: bar fridge, coffee maker, well-equip gym, pool, restaurant, bars, coffee bar. For the physical location and the amenities, I would give the Renaissance 4-stars.

I gave it an extra star due to the staff. They were awesome! I could always find someone to recommend restaurants, sightseeing, music clubs, drugstores. I don't even know if the hotel had a concierge because everyone was helpful. And they truly loved their city, and would always find something about Baltimore to brag about. It is not everyday you go to a hotel that makes you feel like you are home; this hotel did, thanks to its staff.

When I come back to visit, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chamlo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place by far earns it's four star rating...the place is clean, the people that work there are friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and cooperative. There wasn't one person there that wasn't pleasant and patient with any kind of question or request we might have had. My wife and I were there with 9 other friends for a birthday weekend and it couldn't have been any better. We will always have the Renaissance Harbor Place in mind when we go back to Baltimore!
We were there November 2-4, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KG42
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel to Baltimore for work frequently and stay here if the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront is unavailable. This hotel is very nice and clean. Only negative is the layout of the hotel. Always ask for a room close to the elevator or you will be walking around a HUGE square trying to get to and from your room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for a business conference. The hotel was very clean and I truly enjoyed the location. We walked to local restaurants and pubs. I felt the accommodations were wonderful. The room was spacious with good working areas. I recommend staying here when in this area due to all of the above reasons. The elevators are extremely slow, though. I actually used the steep stairs when I had to go 1-2 floors up or down.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Historian1183
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed 5 nights at the property and it was a nice hotel with a very convenient location. Service is marginal, except in the Concierge Lounge where it receives 5 stars. The rooms are clean and fresh, and the bed was comfortable. Down side is the slow elevators and bad hours in the downstairs bar area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not far from the elevator, or be prepared to walk about a quarter mile to your room.