“Inner Harbor Gem”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay at this hotel on my most recent business trip to Baltimore. The hotel has a mall attached to it and is right across the street from the Inner Harbor. As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member I was given the platinum treatment. I was able to visit the executive lounge which greatly reduced the amount of money I had to expend to purchase meals. The munchies they served right after work were tasty and filling. The dessert serve a little later in the evening was very tasty as well. The turn back service and chocolates on the pillow were a very nice touch. I highly recommend this hotel if you have business in Baltimore or if you are just looking for a nice getaway to the Inner Harbor.

Room Tip: Request room near elevator as this place is huge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My room looked into the mall! And right outside, across the street, was the harborplace. Excellent, excellent location.

The room was comfortable; bed and pillows were great to sleep on. The desk was nice and big for work. The bathroom was good. The receptionist and bellhop were very nice and welcoming. The walls were thick and I couldn't hear any neighbors or the mall.

The only issue I have is the setup of the hotel. Outside the elevator bay, all of the rooms line a long winding hallway. I particularly had a room that was towards the end of the hall, and it was quite a walk (a good 5-7 minutes)!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

stayed here for a business conference. conference was here in the hotel. I had packages shipped in ahead and the hotel took good care of them. delivered them to my booth and made sure they were transported to UPS for shipment back to my office.
Rooms are great- clean and comfortable. Health club had better than average equiptment and plenty of equiptment so there wasnt a wait.
Room service was friendly and prompt. food is good also. this hotel is located across the street from the Harbor and is connected to a small but nice mall.
10-15 minute cab ride to Phells Point and Canton area

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

For my BIG birthday, I wanted to visit Baltimore with my husband, and did my research on the area to find just the right place to stay, and the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel was the perfect hotel for us. I upgraded to a Harborview room, which was beautifully located overlooking the water, shops, common areas, boats, etc. The hotel even offers a set of binoculars for you to use during the trip, and if you want them, they will charge your $40 for them. So we left them there for the next visitors. However, just to even think about leaving them there for travelers' consideration was awesome enough. We stayed through a beautiful weekend, enjoyed the fact that the hotel is connected to the shopping plaza, and yet secure enough to feel comfortable. At check-out, which can get crazy at many hotels, their manager noted that the elevators from the lobby down to the parking garage was jamming up, and he politely offered to take several groups of travelers to an alternate staff-only elevator to assist with the bottle-jam. I'd say that manager was top-notch! And so was the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Harborview room - and you'll get use of binoculars to help you see boats, ships, an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a terrific hotel for business or pleasure. Great locaton, staff and rooms. I have styaed in a umber of other hotels in the city and mist were old in need of help. I will be back here and highly recommned.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We decided to take a trip to Baltimore with some friends and booked this hotel. Its location was convenient to the Harbor. The room was lovely. The hotel staff was pleasant. There is plenty to see and do. We are going back again in October.

Room Tip: We stayed on a room on courtyard side which was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for Natural Products Expo East
The location is excellent, the service is really good and eventhough it is a big, business oriented hotel it offers enough tranquility as for one to relax while not working

• Stayed: September 2012