Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
  • Pool
Delta Hotels(Baltimore)
  • Room Service
1,878 results
All reviewsacross the streetgallery mallwatertable restaurantgreat locationinner harborcheesecake factoryfifth floorpratt streetharbor view roomroom serviceindoor poolwithin walking distanceclub levelcamden yardscan't beat the locationthe concierge loungenational aquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Overall great location for access to the inner harbor. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, however very noisy due to the 24 x 7 traffic on the street below. There was a coffee maker in the room but did not have any sugar or creamer and it was never replenished during my 2 day stay. My room was in the back of the hotel and was a very long walk from the oddly stationed elevators. The inner courtyard is not used and is in badly need of an upgrade, pretty ugly. Hallway carpeting could use refreshing. Front desk staff was very efficient and welcoming.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the harbor and on upper level.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MJG2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed here for two nights with our two kids, ages 2 and 6. We were looking for a nice hotel on the inner harbor, where we could park our car and leave it for the duration. We definitely got what we wanted! The location of this hotel could not be more perfect. Easy walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The adjacent mall is convenient. Several restaurants in close proximity. The self-parking fee actually seemed reasonable considering the location. We booked this hotel through Priceline, so I certainly can't complain about the rate. After asking very nicely at check in they gave us a water-view room, which I really wasn't expecting (but hugely appreciated) since we were one of "those" Priceline people. We would definitely return to this hotel.

I would've given it 5 stars, but we had one incident where the management completely miss-communicated with us and did not follow through. I think this was an isolated incident, as most of the people we encountered were very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank beynac
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I'll say first that this hotel has some points in its favor. Our room was quite lovely: sophisticated in design, and spacious. And, if you're planning on focusing on harbor front attractions, the location is superb. In addition, most of the staff is quite friendly and all of them seem to mean well. But good intentions are just good intentions. The package we had was supposed to include breakfast, but when we got to the restaurant we found that our names weren't on the list where they were supposed to be. In order to straighten this out, we had to make a couple of trips to and from the front desk and back to the restaurant, and though it seems that they got it straight in the end (I haven't gotten my credit card bill yet, so I'm not 100% sure), it didn't leave a good taste in our mouths--and neither did the breakfast, which was fairly mediocre. More importantly, we'd specifically requested a quiet room, and were put on the sixth floor, where we listened to the music of the wedding reception on the floor below until it was almost midnight. Frankly, though, it probably wouldn't have mattered where we were put, as soundproofing was pretty much non-existent: when seated in our room, as far away from the room door as one could be, I could clearly hear the conversations of people passing by in the hall, and they weren't even talking loud. And, if you're stuck there on a night when the hotel is virtually taken over by weddings, and well-lubricated people are making merry together in the hallway, you may as well give up on the notion of sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hamlet903
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We were fortunate to get a great deal on priceline for this hotel. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated great. We were able to check in quickly and because we had arrived later than anticipated and very hungry we asked where we could grab something to eat and the hotel clerk was very helpful as to what we was open at the late hour. The room was extremely clean, the bed comfy and we were not to far from the elevator which was a plus. The hotel is conveniently located right across the street from the harbor so once we parked our car there was no need to drive. However parking is a bit pricey but what do you expect for the location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi47729
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel for about 10years and it has always been a great experience. I love how this hotel is contected to the harbor place mall and you do not have to go outside to get into the mall! My husband can be sleeping and I can shop :) This is the only hotel directly at the center of all of teh attractions at the harbor - great in teh summer and in the winter.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family