Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
  • Pool
Delta Hotels(Baltimore)
  • Room Service
1,876 results
All reviewsacross the streetgallery mallwatertable restaurantgreat locationinner harborcheesecake factoryfifth floorpratt streetharbor view roomroom serviceindoor poolwithin walking distanceclub levelcamden yardscan't beat the locationthe concierge loungenational aquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was in Baltimore for a medical appointment and chose the Renaissance for its proximity to my physician's office. The staff was very nice, parking was convenient and the room was clean and comfortable. My room was on the front of the hotel. The view was wonderful. My only complaint was the noise level from the street. It seemed that someone was doing some type of work outside, possibly one of the merchant's from an inner Harbor shop. After the work was finished, all was quiet and nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Staying here the week of March 30 and what a disaster! First, I asked for a quite room and I was put in a room next to a large industrial fan that was very loud . . . one of the rooms offered to me to move to was on the other side of the same fan! This is a problem for me because I have nerve damage in both of my ears and being next to constant humming noises causes me discomfort, others may not care. After about 45 minutes or so, I finally was given a quite room. The bell man was great in helping us deal with all this, but I cannot say the same about the person who checked us in or the ones on the phone who assured us of a quite room. The hotel offered us no compensation for the inconvenience caused by all this. Also, I should say the comfort of the room is well above average and has a really good bed. Unfortunately, I also had a huge problem with the Internet service at the hotel. For one thing, it is pretty slow and that is frustrating. Second, and this can be a major problem for anyone if interruptions in your Internet service is an issue, you have to renew the service every 24 hours and without warning it just stops. There is no option to have the Internet service for multiple day use. It turned out this was a disaster for me given I rely on doing auctions over the Internet for a living. I had a group of bids to place at 9:59 PM for an auction that closed at 10:00 PM and what happened? The Internet shut down without warning and I had to renew the service . . . and given how slow the Internet here is, that took two minutes and by then the auction was closed and I no longer could place my bids. As a result, I problem lost a few hundred to a couple of thousand dollars in potential profits. Hopefully the hotel will fix this as more-and-more folks rely on the Internet. I will say, if what bothered me wouldn't bother the reader, this is otherwise a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: if noise bother you, get a room courtside
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2011

This is a very large US-style conference hotel which I enjoy once in a while, and this was one of these occasions. Conference facilities were nice, the rooms very large and refurbished but bathrooms with a distinct 70s or 80s touch, bars and infrastructure okay. I had an extra large room that looked at the atrium, which was actually very conducive for the conference. The a/c system could be improved and the wlan was not always stable. Friendly front desk staff, good car to the airport. The pool was tiny, crowded, and altogether so unappealing that I turned back and had a walk instead. Altogether, a good but not stellar experience, hotel-wise.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Went for an over over night getaway on the inner harbor with my wife The location was excellent, and the inner harbor is awsome. The hotel lacked charm for me. Large, with a check in line and many convention folks milling around. The new lobby is toned in oranges and browns as is the room. I lived through orange and browns in the 80's in Holiday Inn's.

Took my wife for a nice meal at the Water Table.. It was empty on a Saturday Night at 07:30. Food OK, view great.

$22 self park. I will try else were on the harbor.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We traveled to Baltimore with our 3 boys for a special weekend together before busy spring schedules began. Although I had enjoyed many a time in "Charm City" before, the others had not, so I wanted my wife and kids to be in the middle of it. I had not stayed at this hotel before, and when I got there I realized that I was thinking of the Hyatt which also has a view of the harbor. Though I have not stayed at the Hyatt, I cannot imagine it being better, as this was just magnificent.

I made the reservations for two rooms facing the harbor on-line, but called before arrival to ask that our rooms be as close together as possible. Upon arrival we received a Four Season's style welcome. Great lobby too. The front desk was incredibly welcoming and had placed us in large adjoining rooms, a king for my wife and me, and two queens for the boys.

I didn't really like the hallway carpeting, but so what.? The rooms were great, the views stunning, the beds really comfortable, good closet space, excellent TV, HVAC perfect, and the furniture attractive. Binoculars are provided in each room to further enjoy the view. There are no mini-bars, but each room had a small, working refrigerator. The bathrooms were of good size, single sink, pull clothesline in the tub shower, everything in good working order. I did not hear sounds from other rooms. All in all, what more could we want!

The hotel pool is on the 7th floor surrounded by a courtyard and green roof with views up the side of the building. All was clean, attractive, water was warm, hot tub working and clean and the lifeguard friendly.

The bell staff were very friendly and helpful and earned their tips!

We had a great time. I am looking forward to returning for a romantic weekend with just my wife later in the year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family