I decided to stay at the Lord Baltimore when I was traveling for work. It looked nice on its website, and the lobby area is quite nice, and the rooms aren't bad. It's been the combination of little things that have lead me to hate this hotel.
1. All of the elevators suck. The buttons are different in each one, and some buttons don't even work. There have been three occasions during my stay when I pressed the correct button for my floor, and got taken to a different floor (I thought I had made a mistake the first time, but 3 times - I don't think so). I've also had the elevator come to a stop when it was 6-12 inches from level with the floor I'm getting off. Not a huge deal for me, but it was for a lady in a wheelchair who rode with me once.
2. The doors don't shut easily. You think you close the door, only to realize that it's ajar. I made this mistake once, and have noticed a couple of others on my floor have also done the same.
3. The internet is terrible. Absolutely terrible. They offer a complimentary internet service (which I think all hotels should offer), and it sucked, so I decided to pay the $10 for the premium service, and it was just the same. It has made it extremely difficult for me to work while I am here.
4. My alarm clock doesn't work. The radio on it functions, and I can set alarms, but the buzzer does not go off. I am not incapable of working an alarm clock either.
5. The art work throughout the hotel is annoying. In my room, I have framed paintings of paint splattered over a canvas. I know some people are into this, but I think it sucks.
Yes, I'm aware my points got weaker through this post. The hotel has potential - like I said, the lobby and the rooms aren't too bad - but they need to address some of these other issues for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Elegance in the heart of Baltimore Welcome to the Lord Baltimore Hotel, housed in a stunning French Renaissance building and located in the heart of downtown Baltimore, MD and just three blocks from the famous Inner Harbor. The historic Lord Baltimore Hotel features complimentary services such as high-speed wireless Internet access, HD televisions with sixty complimentary channels, custom designed linens, plush pillow top mattresses and much more. Guests at this grand hotel enjoy easy access and exclusive offers at area attractions including the National Walters Museum, and Visionary Museum, Baltimore Museum, Peabody Library and concert venues. The Lord Baltimore Hotel is in the City's Business and Financial Districts and is one of the best Baltimore Inner Harbor hotels. Towering over the Baltimore skyline at 23 stories with 440 guest rooms, the hotel offers more than 20,000 square feet of meeting, banquet and event space including two roof top garden decks for private events. Lord Baltimore Hotel offers a magnificent and historic 1928 grand ballroom that features Baccarat crystal chandeliers. A mirrored replica of Versailles, in the grand French style is the setting for our dining room - the French Kitchen. Additional dining is offered in the lobby bar, the LB Tavern and our signature LB Bakery which features freshly baked products, soups and sandwiches created by our own pastry team. Fully renovated and restored in the spring of 2014, all guest rooms and public spaces feature authentic and unique designs that incorporate state-of-the-art technology while embracing the historic ambience of this National Trust treasured property. In 2014, the hotel will also re-launch the long hidden Speakeasy that was closed with the repeal of Prohibition. The hotel is located in the city center near the intersection of Baltimore and Charles Street in the heart of Baltimore (at Baltimore & Hanover Street). Join us and explore the history, class and charm of the Lord Baltimore Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Lord Baltimore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Radisson Baltimore
- Baltimore Radisson